Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLiberator View Post
a) Apparently the ATF does designate them as "silencers"
b) Awfully ironic for you to be calling me out as "petty and pedantic," especially considering the way you're doing so

a) yes, I know. I own more than one of them, and therefore have read the laws and completed the associated legal paperwork
b) suppressor is literally correct. silencer is historically and legally correct. there is NO good reason either word should be used exclusively

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mekilljoydammit
[H]Cars refugee and rotary whore at large

I like all the people talking about cans like they're so fucking mysterious inside. It's not like K-baffles are all that complicated, or lathes are uncommon. If you're going to legally roll your own, why waste a $200 tax stamp on a piece of shit?

“We thought it must be possible to make an interesting living messing about with racing cars and engines." -Keith Duckworth

Driving: A nice practical sedate car... '03 WRX
Shooting: Canon P, Zorki 6, Nikon D5100, 1911, FAL

endscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekilljoydammit View Post
I like all the people talking about cans like they're so fucking mysterious inside. It's not like K-baffles are all that complicated, or lathes are uncommon. If you're going to legally roll your own, why waste a $200 tax stamp on a piece of shit?

I was going to say...

I mean, I built one as a senior design project using modified K baffles. It worked pretty well for what it was and really wasn't that hard to build.

TommyTheCat

If I'm paying an extra 200 bucks just for the stamp, I'm not making it. Obviously I have the cash(which I really don't), I'll pay the folks that know what the fuck they are doing to make it for me.

But if you really did write THE BOOK, I'm guessing your market is woodland clad, 300 pound Minnesota militia members. Then by all means, ignore the tax stamp, I'm tired of you fuckers giving gun owners a bad name. Hope you love wang!

Sabbster]#
I have a huge penis.