General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Obama has cut taxes for 95 percent of earners, froze federal government spending, just launched an expansion of OSD, has taken a strong anti-abortion position as part of the health care reform, and has dumped cap and trade. What more does the right of center want?

Nothing. They just don't like him because he's black and a democrat, and so they're trying to rationalize their dislike of him by citing seemingly legitimate reasons. When all those reasons have been blown out of the water but they still dislike him, you see that there's just something wrong with these people.
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Nothing. They just don't like him because he's black and a democrat, and so they're trying to rationalize their dislike of him by citing seemingly legitimate reasons. When all those reasons have been blown out of the water but they still dislike him, you see that there's just something wrong with these people.

Except that the spending he "froze" was frozen after a triple increase over previous budgets for those areas.

He is playing a classic con. It's called the shell game.

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Except that the spending he "froze" was frozen after a triple increase over previous budgets for those areas.

I'd be trying to con everyone too if I were in his shoes.
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

Obama didn't triple anything ... it's actually Bush's shell game.

The Bush admin's budget deficit before sept '08 - 1.3 trillion ALREADY.

bush's bank bailout - 700 billion
bush's iraq war, not paid for - 800 billion
bush's medicare part d, not paid for - 300 billion

Obama's econ stimulus - 700 billion.

That's how you get to the current deficit, notice how Obama is responsible for only about a third of the total hole? Notice how the only USEFUL shit was the stuff Obama did unlike bush?

gg

Rapier

Quote:
Obama has cut taxes for 95 percent of earners, froze federal government spending, just launched an expansion of OSD, has taken a strong anti-abortion position as part of the health care reform, and has dumped cap and trade. What more does the right of center want?
He hasn't cut taxes. He's created new tax credits and incentives. And the Federal excise on tobacco has increased, which directly impacts 50 million American smokers.

And his anti-abortion executive order is all smoke and mirrors. Executive orders don't override the law, and the health care bill that was signed into law mandates insurer coverage for abortions (although I am pro-choice, I'm simply addressing your points).

And he hasn't dumped cap and trade. In fact, he's trying to get Republicans on board (by signing off on additional offshore drilling) to promote that agenda.

Rapier

Quote:

That's how you get to the current deficit, notice how Obama is responsible for only about a third of the total hole? Notice how the only USEFUL shit was the stuff Obama did unlike bush?

gg
About half of the funds allocated for TARP remained untapped when President Obama took office. And while the Federal investments in the banks have actually proved profitable, the Administration is not going to return the money back to the Treasury.

And where are you getting the Iraq war figure from? That figure isn't counted in the Federal FY 2009.

And Bush's expansion of Medicare to cover prescription drugs (bad move, in my opinion) did not cost 300 billion dollars. That would account for 75% of all money allocated to Medicare during 2009, which is obviously incorrect.

You're playing fast and loose with the numbers and you're calling gg?

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
He hasn't cut taxes. He's created new tax credits and incentives. And the Federal excise on tobacco has increased, which directly impacts 50 million American smokers.

Will 95 percent of working people pay less in taxes than they did the prior year? Ok.

Quote:
And his anti-abortion executive order is all smoke and mirrors. Executive orders don't override the law, and the health care bill that was signed into law mandates insurer coverage for abortions (although I am pro-choice, I'm simply addressing your points).

XOs don't override laws but determine how they will be enforced, his order was enough for the anti-baby killer nuts in the House to get on board so it should be good enough for anyone that is moderate on the issue.

Quote:
And he hasn't dumped cap and trade. In fact, he's trying to get Republicans on board (by signing off on additional offshore drilling) to promote that agenda.

CAT is dead, Kerry even said they would move forward on a program that only institutes caps on power plants.

TheMorlock

Quote:

gg

Sorry bongstudent. You dialed the wrong number.

Giordano_Bruno

Will the presidential limo be a stretch Nissan or Toyota? Will it drift?!

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
we dont want eurotrash coming over here and mandating that soccer is the national sport

So someone born to American parents in, say, London, England who moved to the United States when he was 2 months old and successfully ran for, say, governor of his home state is somehow not American enough? It's fucking dumb.

Rapier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent
Will 95 percent of working people pay less in taxes than they did the prior year? Ok.
That is completely disingenuous. Tax revenues have fallen because income has fallen.

Quote:
XOs don't override laws but determine how they will be enforced, his order was enough for the anti-baby killer nuts in the House to get on board so it should be good enough for anyone that is moderate on the issue.
That was simply political cover. Nobody on either side of the aisle really believes this will affect the abortion provisions in the law. Some Democrats even publicly crowed over the fact that it won't change a thing.

Quote:
CAT is dead, Kerry even said they would move forward on a program that only institutes caps on power plants.
And Republicans declared health reform dead after Scott Brown's election. Maybe the bill that was passed in the House is dead, but some form of massive energy regulation is being shopped around in Capitol Hill.

At least you abandoned the argument that President Bush was somehow responsible for the majority of the 2009 Federal deficit.

Last edited by Rapier; 04-05-2010 at 06:49 AM..

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
So someone born to American parents in, say, London, England who moved to the United States when he was 2 months old and successfully ran for, say, governor of his home state is somehow not American enough? It's fucking dumb.

No, if your parents are American citizens you are a natural born citizen no matter where your birth took place.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
That is completely disingenuous. Tax revenues have fallen because income has fallen.

Rephrase: Have tax rates fallen for 95 percent of Americans? Ok.

Quote:
That was simply political cover. Nobody on either side of the aisle really believes this will affect the abortion provisions in the law. Some Democrats even publicly crowed over the fact that it won't change a thing.

Only time will tell, he essentially instituted the Stupak amendment into the Senate bill, Democrats that don't think it will have an effect are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Quote:
And Republicans declared health reform dead after Scott Brown's election. Maybe the bill that was passed in the House is dead, but some form of massive energy regulation is being shopped around in Capitol Hill.

Who cares what Republicans declare alive and dead? They don't control the agenda. Bottom line: Kerry said no cap and trade, there are already smaller regulations on the table. I know the far right loons want absolutely no emissions regulations and subsidies for fossil fuels instead but that's clearly not gonna happen.

Quote:
At least you abandoned the argument that President Bush was somehow responsible for the majority of the 2009 Federal deficit.

I didn't abandon that at all ... this is a particularly dumb comment on your part since Bush created the FY09 budget. Bush is responsible for 1.5 trillion of the FY10 increases ... Obama is responsible for 800 billion. Bush's 1.5 trillion was spent on nothing redeeming to America, Obama's was spent on ending the recession and giving America some much needed improvements. It really is a no brainer.

TheMorlock

Quote:

gg

Full of shit much?

Rapier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent
Rephrase: Have tax rates fallen for 95 percent of Americans? Ok.
Actually, no. Rates haven't fallen since the 2003 Bush tax cuts.

Quote:
Only time will tell, he essentially instituted the Stupak amendment into the Senate bill, Democrats that don't think it will have an effect are going to be in for a rude awakening.
Uh, no. Executive orders influence the exercise of law. It cannot change the law, which mandates that insurers be required to cover abortion costs. To pretend like President Obama and the Democrats made all these concessions to the center-right is absurd.

Quote:
Who cares what Republicans declare alive and dead? They don't control the agenda. Bottom line: Kerry said no cap and trade, there are already smaller regulations on the table. I know the far right loons want absolutely no emissions regulations and subsidies for fossil fuels instead but that's clearly not gonna happen.
Clearly there are emissions regulations, but they cover chemicals that have a proven, deleterious effect to humans and the wildlife. As for CO2, we still don't know its potential long term effects. It makes no sense to shoot from the hip and institute a rash regulation that will directly affect the lifestyle of all Americans simply because there is a correlation between a 4 degree rise in temperature over the past 100 years and CO2 output.

Quote:
I didn't abandon that at all ... this is a particularly dumb comment on your part since Bush created the FY09 budget. Bush is responsible for 1.5 trillion of the FY10 increases ... Obama is responsible for 800 billion. Bush's 1.5 trillion was spent on nothing redeeming to America, Obama's was spent on ending the recession and giving America some much needed improvements. It really is a no brainer.
The 2009 Federal fiscal year began in October of 2008. Regardless of President Bush's budget proposal, President Obama and his overwhelmingly Democratic Congress could have agreed to impound or refund the money used for TARP. They didn't. Any other spending that Bush proposed is standard operating procedure. TARP was the second largest piece of discretionary spending that contributed to 2009's 1.4 trillion dollar deficit. The first largest was the 2009 stimulus. You're grasping at straws if you think Bush contributed to the majority of FY2009's deficit. And Bush has nothing to do with FY2010, which began in October of 2009, almost a year after he left office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
Full of shit much?
I have never seen you address his argument besides a disparaging, off-the-cuff remark that is the little bitch equivalent of "im right ur wrong".