General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

curdledvomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickfuckingcreepystalke View Post
jesus christ....

how much are you paying the mods not to lock this shit thread?

seriously, you are a moron to ask such a thing...

check this out...

http://www.590klbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=62008

A Strange Discovery This Morning in Downtown Austin
1/8/2007

INACTIVE

Several blocks of Congress Ave are closed as police investigate the death of dozens and dozens of birds lying in the street.

KLBJ spoke to the APD's Toni Shovenitz, She says they are speculating it is some type of posioning.

Right now police are using leaf-blowers to clean the road. They are continuing to investigate what may have caused this many dead birds.

No word on when streets from Caesar Chavez through 11th street along Congrss Avenue will open back up. Austin Police are asking anyone around the area to stay away, this includes the adjacent streets of Brazos and Lavaca.

And this from ...http://kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5904817

Dozens Of Dead Birds Close Congress Avenue Near Capitol

Dozens Of Dead Birds Shut Down Parts Of Congress Avenue

Several blocks of Congress Avenue have been closed off to traffic because several dozen dead birds have been found in the area. And if you work in the area, you're being asked to stay home from work until at least noon.
Congress Avenue and one block on either side of the street is shut down from Cesar Chavez to 11th Street until approximately noon. That's because several dozen dead birds were found Monday morning, with most of the birds concentrated on 9th Street.
The fire department was called out to the area around 4 a.m. on Monday to test if there had been a gas or chlorine leak, but nothing of that nature was found. However, further precautionary testing is ongoing, and fire officials are requesting that individuals that work in this area not to come in until further notice.
Animal control is now testing the birds to try to find out why they died.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````

DEAD BIRDS IN AUSTIN OMG BIRD FLU?

Fox news has just reported that it might be bird flu. This should get someones attention

00110001 00110011 01101011 and damn proud of it!

Squid posted..."curdledvomit is the first +10k guy i actually care about"

acc6d08c13aa2f2586ec5bf7b70854c3

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

curdledvomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by josegarcias7 View Post
No shit. Its nothing but media hype. You don't even hear about it on the news anymore. Not for a long time. It was a short period of time where people freaked about it. Then everyone calmed down and forgot about it.

because its pointless

if you dont like it dont click .

everyone here knows why this thread is open.

Go troll the noobs you asswidget.

The-Raven
I Stalk Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post

check this out...

yeah, i just saw that on foxnews.

If i want my sensationalist 'omg bird flu is coming' i'll turn to fox or cnn.... or joepits. But you bumping a thread that's over a year old, and aside from yourself, the only posts are of hate.... c'mon, it's enough already.

"ive taken 50 hits of acid and drank 40 beers in the same night" - Icw@ter

"It is not my fault that you guys make very shitty, low value content" - Sanjay

curdledvomit

Quote:
yeah, i just saw that on foxnews.

If i want my sensationalist 'omg bird flu is coming' i'll turn to fox or cnn.... or joepits. But you bumping a thread that's over a year old, and aside from yourself, the only posts are of hate.... c'mon, it's enough already.

its not bumping, its updating. There have been many papers written for college that used the time line info from this thread. Just move along...only facts and updates here.

edit: and the occasional troll

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

I think this is reason enough to kill every pigeon in america. Bird flu i can live with, but them shitting on my car I cannot.

The-Raven
I Stalk Women

Quote:
its not bumping, its updating. There have been many papers written for college that used the time line info from this thread. Just move along...only facts and updates here.

edit: and the occasional troll

if that's what you keep telling yourself to keep your gimmick alive

every time you bump this, you'll be hated on.... and since it's been over a year, expect that hate to increase exponentially.

"ive taken 50 hits of acid and drank 40 beers in the same night" - Icw@ter

"It is not my fault that you guys make very shitty, low value content" - Sanjay

curdledvomit

Quote:
if that's what you keep telling yourself to keep your gimmick alive

every time you bump this, you'll be hated on.... and since it's been over a year, expect that hate to increase exponentially.

roger that.

carry on

theoverlord

it may not be a big deal in the states but bird flu still freaks people out here in Hong Kong. some bird just got found with H5, i havent heard a report yet on the extended tests to see if its the N1 variant.

but then again, if it ain't in the US then who gives a fuck.

curdledvomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoverlord View Post
it may not be a big deal in the states but bird flu still freaks people out here in Hong Kong. some bird just got found with H5, i havent heard a report yet on the extended tests to see if its the N1 variant.

but then again, if it ain't in the US then who gives a fuck.

http://www.tass.ru/eng/level2.html?N...8278&PageNum=0

from page 9

kevets

One day we'll see a book called the "The H5N1 Report By: Curdledvomit"

theoverlord

Quote:
guess i should have read news this weekend. at least the chicken i cooked on sunday tastes great.

curdledvomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoverlord View Post
guess i should have read news this weekend. at least the chicken i cooked on sunday tastes great.

exactly why I try and keep this updated

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:

check this out...

http://www.590klbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=62008

A Strange Discovery This Morning in Downtown Austin
1/8/2007

INACTIVE

Several blocks of Congress Ave are closed as police investigate the death of dozens and dozens of birds lying in the street.

KLBJ spoke to the APD's Toni Shovenitz, She says they are speculating it is some type of posioning.

Right now police are using leaf-blowers to clean the road. They are continuing to investigate what may have caused this many dead birds.

No word on when streets from Caesar Chavez through 11th street along Congrss Avenue will open back up. Austin Police are asking anyone around the area to stay away, this includes the adjacent streets of Brazos and Lavaca.

And this from ...http://kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5904817

Dozens Of Dead Birds Close Congress Avenue Near Capitol

Dozens Of Dead Birds Shut Down Parts Of Congress Avenue

Several blocks of Congress Avenue have been closed off to traffic because several dozen dead birds have been found in the area. And if you work in the area, you're being asked to stay home from work until at least noon.
Congress Avenue and one block on either side of the street is shut down from Cesar Chavez to 11th Street until approximately noon. That's because several dozen dead birds were found Monday morning, with most of the birds concentrated on 9th Street.
The fire department was called out to the area around 4 a.m. on Monday to test if there had been a gas or chlorine leak, but nothing of that nature was found. However, further precautionary testing is ongoing, and fire officials are requesting that individuals that work in this area not to come in until further notice.
Animal control is now testing the birds to try to find out why they died.

DEAD BIRDS IN AUSTIN OMG BIRD FLU?

Fox news has just reported that it might be bird flu. This should get someones attention

From your linked article:

"Valadez says the tests will look for signs of poisoning or viral infections -- although he discounted the possibility of ``bird flu'' as a factor."

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

curdledvomit

this from http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21035741-2,00.html

Thousands of birds fall from sky

By Amanda O'Brien
January 10, 2007 01:00am

Article from:
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

THOUSANDS of birds have fallen from the skies over Esperance and no one knows why.
Is it an illness, toxins or a natural phenomenon? A string of autopsies in Perth have shed no light on the mystery.
All the residents of flood-devastated Esperance know is that their "dawn chorus" of singing birds is missing.
The main casualties are wattle birds, yellow-throated miners, new holland honeyeaters and singing honeyeaters, although some dead crows, hawks and pigeons have also been found.
Wildlife officers are baffled by the "catastrophic" event, which the Department of Environment and Conservation said began well before last week's freak storm.
On Monday, Esperance, 725km southeast of Perth, was declared a natural disaster zone.
District nature conservation co-ordinator Mike Fitzgerald said the first reports of birds dropping dead in people's yards came in three weeks ago. More than 500 deaths had since been notified. But the calls stopped suddenly last week, reportedly because no birds were left.

"It's very substantial. We estimate several thousand birds are dead, although we don't have a clear number because of the large areas of bushland," Mr Fitzgerald said.

Birds Australia, the nation's main bird conservation group, said it had not heard of a similar occurrence. "Not on that scale, and all at the same time, and also the fact that it's several different species," chief executive Graeme Hamilton said. "You'd have to call that a most unusual event and one that we'd all have to be concerned about."

He expected birds would return to the area once the problem - natural or man-made phenomenon - was fixed but said it was vital the cause was identified.

The Department of Agriculture and Food, which conducted the autopsies, has almost ruled out an infectious process.

Acting chief veterinary officer Fiona Sunderman said toxins were the most likely cause but the deaths could be due to anything from toxic algae to chemicals and pesticides.

Dr Sunderman said there were no leads yet on which of potentially hundreds of toxins might be responsible. Some birds were seen convulsing as they died.

Michelle Crisp was one of the first to contact the DEC after finding dozens of dead birds on her property one morning.

She told The Australian she normally had hundreds of birds in her yard, but that she and a neighbour counted 80 dead birds in one day.
"It went to the point where we had nothing, not a bird," she said.
"It was like a moonscape, just horrible. But the frightening thing for us, we didn't find any more birds after that. We literally didn't have any birds left to die."

curdledvomit

This from...http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...MoY&refer=asia

Bird Flu May Have Infected Relatives of H5N1 Patient (Update2)
By Karima Anjani
Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Two family members of a woman infected with bird flu in Indonesia were hospitalized with symptoms of the virus, said a doctor treating the patients. The disease spread to fowl in a fifth province of southern Vietnam.
The 37-year-old woman, who tested positive for the H5N1 strain of avian influenza two days ago, remains in critical condition at Persahabatan Hospital in Jakarta, Mukhtar Ikhsan, a doctor at the hospital, said today. Her 42-year-old husband and their 18-year-old son have symptoms of fever and respiratory infection, and are being tested for H5N1.
Infections in birds and people are increasing in Asia, where the virus was first identified a decade ago. South Korea reported its first avian outbreaks since March 2004 last month, and today reported an infected person who showed no symptoms. Disease trackers are looking for signs that H5N1 is changing to become more adept at infecting humans, which could start a pandemic.
``People were beginning to tell us that we were crying wolf and that this virus had gone away and there was no problem,'' Peter Cordingley, a Manila-based spokesman for the World Health Organization, said in an interview. ``Our message has stayed the same, which is that just because it's not in the headlines, it doesn't mean it's not in the environment.''
The H5N1 strain is known to have infected 264 people in 10 countries since 2003, killing 157 of them, the Geneva-based WHO said yesterday. Indonesia has reported 58 fatalities, more than any other country. Vietnam, which reported that the virus killed 30 chickens in Vinh Long province, hasn't had any human cases since 2005. South Korea hasn't had any cases confirmed by WHO.
Indonesian Cluster
Health officials monitor suspected clusters of cases closely because they may signal the virus is becoming more adept at infecting humans, not just birds.
``They're showing symptoms similar to bird flu and we must remain vigilant,'' Ikhsan, the Indonesian doctor, said in a telephone interview. Tests for H5N1 are also being run on two other people receiving treatment at the hospital, he said.
The Southeast Asian nation attracted international attention in May when seven members of a family from the island of Sumatra contracted the H5N1 virus, six of them fatally. The cases represented the largest reported cluster of infections and the first laboratory-proven instance of human-to-human transmission.
The latest confirmed case in Indonesia may have been caused by contact with a sick bird. The woman slaughtered a chicken she bought from a local market, I Nyoman Kandun, the ministry's director general of disease control and environment, said Jan. 9.
Japan, South Korea
Japanese officials are investigating whether dead birds found at a chicken farm in Miyazaki prefecture were infected with bird flu, Kyodo News reported, citing the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Ministry. The farm has a total of 12,000 fowl, Kyodo said today. Japan hasn't reported any avian infections to the World Organization for Animal Health, according to the Paris- based agency's Web site.
South Korea's new asymptomatic case of the H5N1 strain of avian influenza was found after analyzing blood taken from a farm worker exposed to diseased fowl during an outbreak last month, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in an e-mailed statement today. It didn't give details of the person.
``There were no abnormal symptoms observed in the person, so the person isn't'' infected with disease, the agency said.
South Korea had four outbreaks of H5N1 in poultry last year. The Ministry of Health said in September that it identified five asymptomatic cases in addition to the four it found in February 2006.
The latest case had been given Roche Holding AG's Tamiflu antiviral medicine as a precaution to prevent the disease and was vaccinated against seasonal influenza to help prevent the avian strain combining with the more infectious human form, the Korean health agency said. The person was re-tested for H5N1 10 days after the initial exposure, it said.
The center completed testing on blood samples from 26 of 85 people considered to have been exposed to the virus, it said. The remainder of results may be reported by the end of the month, the center said.
To contact the reporter on this story: Karima Anjani in Jakarta at kanjani@bloomberg.net
Last Updated: January 11, 2007 11:54 EST