General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

I just sent in an application to ISSN, hopefully i get accepted.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Malakai

ISSN? Never heard of them (or I have and just not that acronym). Drop the N @the end and I know them

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
ISSN? Never heard of them (or I have and just not that acronym). Drop the N @the end and I know them
N stands for Navy, its basically the PVP corp for ISS

Malakai

Ah. Then we are allies! Well, ISS is positive standing to us, and I've flown with some ISSN protecting the pipe from esa to impass. Once your in hit me up, we can blow stuff up ^^

The Internet
Invented by Bob Dole. Get of Bob Dole's internet. Bob Dole Comands it. Bob Dole

Whats the monthly fee like? I'd love to get started but i just dunno if it's worth money, especially seeing as i'm going to be moving out soon and every little bit of money is important.
5bb111fc1aa058e1283875b86b1a571c

the.maxxx
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
Whats the monthly fee like? I'd love to get started but i just dunno if it's worth money, especially seeing as i'm going to be moving out soon and every little bit of money is important.
same as every other MMO

The Internet
Invented by Bob Dole. Get of Bob Dole's internet. Bob Dole Comands it. Bob Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumpiez2
same as every other MMO

I've never played one that has costed me money.

I checked the site though and although it's not a great amount, i don't think i'll be getting the game ATM. Maybe when i have more money to play with, maybe.
5bb111fc1aa058e1283875b86b1a571c

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

looks like a cool game. Would y'all embrace me if I started playing? unlike the WoW crowd
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf

Last edited by G-Daddy; 08-13-2006 at 10:37 AM..

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet

It's 14.95/mo, or less if you buy more months at a time.

I always do 3months for 30 something dollars. With the amount of enjoyment and fun I get out of eve, it's well worth it.

****Eve is the ONLY mmo I have ever subscribed to for more than a month at a time. Also the only MMO I've ever stayed interested in for more than ~3 months (I'm almost at a full year in eve).

I don't play eve like I did other MMO's (WoW for instance, I was obsessed with for a few months, then it got boring as hell). I play eve when I am bored, have time, or when a preorganized corp/alliance activity is going on. Because skills are real time based whether your in game or not, you don't have to play 24/7 to stay 'caught up' with your friends (not that you would anyway, eve doesn't work that way).

For instance, several people in my corp have been playing since day 1. They have over 40million skillpoints and have been playing for years. With my 1 year and 13.x million sp, I'm JUST AS GOOD or *almost* as that 40m sp person in many area's. If you have caldari frig 5, small railguns 5, small rail spec 4, Assault Frigates at 4, and your necessary supports at 4 or 5, then you are as effective in a harpy as someone with 40mil sp. They can fly a lot more ships than I can, but I can be just as effective in the roles I'm trained for. The hardest part of eve is the first 3 months when your training your learning skills (which incrase your stats and let you train other skills faster) and basic combat skills up. After that you start getting into good ships and things get more fun.

JOIN A GOOD CORP/ALLIANCE. Eve is a social game, you WILL get bored if you don't join an organized corp. Skillpoints doesn't mean squat, look at the Goons. You can get a bunch of noobs together and change the face of eve.

I also suggest training to use +3 implants, and keep them in a separate clone that you use during 'peacetime'. I always have at least +3 int and perc whenever I'm not explicitly pvping.

Another good point is that once you move out to 0.0, money is very easy to make and you can afford to lose ships left & right pretty much. I can usually make 20mil or more in an hour of ratting, and spending a boring day wallet mining with your corp can get me well over 100 million once the mins are refined and sold up in empire. I usually mine a few cans full every couple of days when people I'm friends with are mining. And I only mine in a megathron with 7 miner II's and 3 mining upgrades (when someone else is the tank), or 7 miner II's and an armor tank when solo mining (my mega can tank 2 bs + some smaller ships while mining no problem).

Just some info, take it as you like. With eve your either gonna love it or not, no way to know but activating the trial & finding out for yourself!

Last edited by Malakai; 08-13-2006 at 01:51 PM..

Munky73770

Fleet battle ftw.

CVA got wtfpwned.

It was TSDS (my alliance) and The Priory corp vs about 35 CVA ships ... 15 battleships and a mix of combat recons and other elite frigs.

I only have a aftermath photo, cuz the battle was sooo fucking laggy.

Last edited by Munky73770; 08-13-2006 at 02:36 PM..

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

You actually show friendlies on your overview? :O

Also where da transverse at

CONE

So, my WoW subscription ran out...

I'm really thinkin' about picking this one up. I really liked Freelancer, is it similar to this? Is there a [M] clan/guild?

Whaddya think fellas?

OmegaAquinas

No [M] corp, but we chat. Nice way to get info on the goings on of the galaxy.

Plus, I'm now 3rd in command of a decent sized manufacturing corp, so if you need ships or are looking for an industrial career/mining op protection I can give you the hookup

CONE

I'll definitely keep you posted! Thanks for the offer man.

I'm going to give the 14 day free trial a shot and we'll go from there.

Any tips for a new player? (/hookups ?)

Last edited by CONE; 08-13-2006 at 06:09 PM..

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randuin
You actually show friendlies on your overview? :O

Also where da transverse at

Yeah I show friendlies on the overview. Transversal velocity is on the overview, I just have to expand it a bit more.