General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

?psalus
Apsalus

Shit, I just realized that, since the beta map is "Operation Metro," there won't be any jets. I know that at least one of the devs said that there would be jets in the beta so I guess they decided to change their map choice.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

5ive

I've heard conflicting reports about jets. I think today some DICE guy said there would be jets on Metro but a lot of people are saying there won't be. You should look into it (I'm too lazy cause I don't plan on flying)
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
What do you want to know? I get most of my info from Reddit/SA, but the website probably has some stuff.

The last news I heard was about being able to choose servers on the consoles, which pertains to me since I play on PS3. But I guess what I'd really like information on is the classes, weapons, unlocks, vehicles, the ranking system, etc.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
I've heard conflicting reports about jets. I think today some DICE guy said there would be jets on Metro but a lot of people are saying there won't be. You should look into it (I'm too lazy cause I don't plan on flying)
The only vehicle(s) that should show up in Operation Metro will be an IFV for the offensive team. Unless they've redone the entire map, there is no more room for any other kinds of vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
The last news I heard was about being able to choose servers on the consoles, which pertains to me since I play on PS3. But I guess what I'd really like information on is the classes, weapons, unlocks, vehicles, the ranking system, etc.
Yes, they are very proud of the fact that the console version will have server browsers too.

There isn't a lot of info on the ranks yet, but a few posts up, I copy-pasted a blurb from twitter about the USMC ranks. Regarding the weapons/vehicles and unlocks in-game, the fact sheets that I posted above have 95% of the official info. There aren't a lot of details about the unlocks yet, just a general idea of what will be included. What do you want to know about the classes? This posting on the official BF3 blog gives a bit of info on how the classes will work, but it's mostly fluff.

Last edited by Apsalus; 09-20-2011 at 09:43 PM..

?psalus
Apsalus

So here's the Operation Metro overview map again with some extra tidbits from twitter back in June:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demize99
It varies between 80 to 160m wide. Karkand is 60m wide at the front line for reference. From the first attacker base to the last crate is 800m, which is the same as Karkand 64p from US to RU home.

Remember that the first and last "areas" are above ground and the middle two are underground in the subway/assorted tunnels and corridors.

?psalus
Apsalus

What a load of horeshit: PS3 gets the "Back to Karkand" a week before PC and xbox. There is some serious pole-smoking going on between EA and Sony.

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
What a load of horeshit: PS3 gets the "Back to Karkand" a week before PC and xbox. There is some serious pole-smoking going on between EA and Sony.

Money talks, and EA listens.... WELL

branno

worst week of your life am i rite

Stealth

Go to https://bf3beta.battlefield.com/dob/index.php?id=1
Change "key" to "legal" in URL
Press ENTER

Enjoy Bf3 on ps3/360/pc

lonedawg
Stiler

That didn't do anything for me, it just refreshed the page.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
That didn't do anything for me, it just refreshed the page.

this :\

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Can't wait to pirate this. Looks cool.

WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Can't wait to pirate this. Looks cool.
Why pirate? The single-player campaign of BF games has been historically disappointing.

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLiberator View Post
Why pirate? The single-player campaign of BF games has been historically disappointing.

The last EA game I purchased stopped working and essentially accused me of stealing it, presumably because I moved my laptop from where it was when I downloaded it. After a fair amount of fucking around trying to get that to work, I saved myself a lot of grief and downloaded a crack and decided I would not again pad EA's pockets with my money.

Fool me once, shame on you... etc etc

Fuck EA

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
The last EA game I purchased stopped working and essentially accused me of stealing it, presumably because I moved my laptop from where it was when I downloaded it. After a fair amount of fucking around trying to get that to work, I saved myself a lot of grief and downloaded a crack and decided I would not again pad EA's pockets with my money.

Fool me once, shame on you... etc etc

Fuck EA
I hope that the beta changes your mind. I think that it would be cool to be rolling around in armor with you in the squad, dropping tanker lingo once in a while.