General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

mephisto_kur

Hey thanks. I always notify my doctor. I have a strict 4 week limit imposed by her.

I'm at the doctor every 6 months, no matter what.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mephisto_kur

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennipher
Well, I excersize and I don't eat lunch or breakfast but I still can't get the weight off.

I'm thinking it's my meds and I can't go off of them and I've talked to the doctor and asked him for something to take with them all so I could loose this weight but he said there wasn't anything. (I don't beleive him.)

Any suggestions?
Most of the time its because you are starving yourself. Your body is in famine mode. That means that every spare calorie it gets it will cram into fat tissue.

You *must* eat breakfast. You *must* eat lunch. And dinner! I suggest you start making sure you get (as a woman) 1500 NON EMPTY calories a day. That means bread, veggies, meats - not candy or fast food. Exercise as often as you can. Your goal should be to get at least 30 minutes every other day.

No matter what, if you are skipping meals you are in famine mode, period. You must trigger your body to act normal by giving it more food.

Jennipher

But then I will gain weight and that's the last thing I need. You saw my face pic...I've got some chub going on and I KNOW it is these damn pills.

Okay, I'll try breakfast and lunch and stuff, I know it's something I should do anyway. What type of foods that are considered healthy should I stear clear of?

mephisto_kur

Listen, my wife just got off of a diet. She was having the same sort of issues as you. She ate nothing but couldn't lose weight. She was on that "ediets.com" thing. She was eating more than she normally does and she was losing weight.

No matter what, if you are on meds make SURE your doctor knows you are starting a diet!

mephisto_kur

Just keep in moderation. Don't eat "health" foods. If you read the back of one of them you will notice that if it says "low fat" its got a lot of sugar and carbos in it. If it says "low carbo" or "low sugar" or "no sugar added" it will be higher in fat than normal. The best is to eat your fruits and veggies.

I would actually - and I recommend this often - check out some diabetic websites. Its a diet keen on reducing fats and ESPECIALLY sugars without sticking you to celery.

piHead

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennipher
But then I will gain weight and that's the last thing I need. You saw my face pic...I've got some chub going on and I KNOW it is these damn pills.

Okay, I'll try breakfast and lunch and stuff, I know it's something I should do anyway. What type of foods that are considered healthy should I stear clear of?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Seriously.

I always eat breakfast, usually a bowl of cereal(mini-wheats=0wnage), some orange juice and a fruit. I've never really been a lunch person but if I do I only eat a little bit. Although the past weeks I've been doing so much mountain biking that I'm eating a lot more but still losing weight, 33lbs so far..

Check out www.fitday.com , on that site(free sign-up) you can monitor how much you eat and exercise. It will tell you how many calories are in each food and stuff. It's also good for checking out foods. Just enter in a food and it will give you detailed nutritional information. You may be surprised how bad some foods are.

Yodster

Just wanted to throw out a link to all those that say that the atkins diet is so horrible for you. Its not definitive proof that it isn't but its worth a read.
(Warning: its a NY Times article so you must do free registeration to read it, its also eight pages long.)
Its a bit of a read but very interesting and helpful

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/07/ma...l?pagewanted=1

LimpJellO

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvisofdeath
Its like a hair shirt or something
ROFL haha dude thats so fucking funny

mephisto_kur

Chicks dig a hairy chest.

LimpJellO

my dad used to be on atkins, he goes on and off- doesnt really seem to help and its weird to go eat at like mcdonalds or bk with him cause he takes the bread off and eats the meat with a fork and knife. and of course, i was always the bastard son who constantly tempted him with shit he couldnt eat like potato chips, corn pops, french bread, etc.