General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BReilley

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
...... no

What's all that about? Both pistols he mentioned have interchangeable grip panels, as he said. Truly enough, most any quality firearm will "work" even if not meticulously maintained. We're not talking competitions here, dude.

I'm nutty about cleaning the AK, but that's only because I shoot corrosive surplus ammo through it. The Glock and Radom get cleaned when I'm in a good mood.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BReilley View Post
What's all that about? Both pistols he mentioned have interchangeable grip panels, as he said. Truly enough, most any quality firearm will "work" even if not meticulously maintained. We're not talking competitions here, dude.

I'm nutty about cleaning the AK, but that's only because I shoot corrosive surplus ammo through it. The Glock and Radom get cleaned when I'm in a good mood.

I'm just blown away by the attitude of now cleaning a firearm. you always clean your shit, whether you want to or not, it's part of respecting your tools.

00 Buck

Quote:
I'm just blown away by the attitude of now cleaning a firearm. you always clean your shit, whether you want to or not, it's part of respecting your tools.

That's NOT a must. You do know that some designs can run for thousands of rounds on just extra lube and no cleaning right?

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Buck View Post
That's NOT a must. You do know that some designs can run for thousands of rounds on just extra lube and no cleaning right?

you're right it isn't a must, but the good habit is that before you lock your shit up you clean it. maybe it's just me but I was raised to respect my firearms and to not is just lazy.

00 Buck

Quote:
you're right it isn't a must, but the good habit is that before you lock your shit up you clean it. maybe it's just me but I was raised to respect my firearms and to not is just lazy.

I clean the ones that I rely on pretty well, when I get back from the range. But the practice, beater guns don't get cleaned as often.

Don't think I cleaned my glock 19 for almost a thousand rounds when it was still being tested.

Defiler

XD, its ergonomic, ambidextrous controls, my personal favorite.

Ive also heard good things about the M&P.

also about cleaning,

I usually clean my xd after i get home from a shooting session because its super easy to break down, clean, and re-assemble, i could do it all in under 5 mins, plus it is my go to self-defense weapon should I need it, so im pretty diligent about making sure its in tip-top level of maintainance. But things like my shotgun (its a single shot 20ga), or plinking rifles I dont always clean ASAP, ill do it when I feel like it, the gun isn't going to fall apart. Sure the military is diligent, but if they didn't train and force people to maintain their weapons, they wouldn't be cleaned period.

Last edited by Defiler; 02-16-2009 at 12:56 AM..

00 Buck

Bought this today.

S&W's M&P45 compact. The caliber and the thumb safety is very easy to transition from a 1911.

Can take 10 or 14 round mags, while the other sizes can't take their 8 round mags or be as concealable.

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Looks awesome. I'd love to shoot an M&P.

I need something in 10mm now though, i have 2 .45's, 4 9mm's, 1 .38, 1 .357

po89mm

Quote:
Bought this today.

S&W's M&P45 compact. The caliber and the thumb safety is very easy to transition from a 1911.

Can take 10 or 14 round mags, while the other sizes can't take their 8 round mags or be as concealable.

having brass fly across my face would make me a bit nervous if i was a lefty though

other than that, the mp is a really nifty plastigun

00 Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by po89mm View Post
having brass fly across my face would make me a bit nervous if i was a lefty though

other than that, the mp is a really nifty plastigun

No problems unless your face is directly right (2 o'clock) of the gun. That is a very weird shooting position!

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

some guns toss the last piece of brass directly back, I'm not sure why, but I have been hit by brass this way

po89mm

Quote:
No problems unless your face is directly right (2 o'clock) of the gun. That is a very weird shooting position!

thats how is low speed high drag space shuttle door gunners operate