General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Such a waste of such a pretty car... the '90's 300zx is still one of the best looking cars ever in my book.

On looks alone I've always liked it less than its competitors.

Superah > 3kgt > 300zx (how can anything be sexier than a superah? it can't)

To each their own of course.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Slash
DoucheBagalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Yep, quarter million mile Exploder. . I told em to sell it for 5 grand and buy my CRV for 7 My mom "likes her truck" and dad says "its been a good car" so they're keeping it

"being a good car" consists of throwing TCS codes and being incapable of being put into 4wd for the last 3 years

the explorer completely dominates the garage and I can't fit my fat ass past it to get to our second fridge or the laundry area, combined with my dads wide fscking 7 series.. plus the fuel economy is atrocious

Who the fuck is going to pay $5000 for an 11 year old Explorer with 220k?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucheBagalo View Post
Who the fuck is going to pay $5000 for an 11 year old Explorer with 220k?

idk i've never priced them out

not happening anyway they're having the transmission replaced

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

With busted 4x4 and other odds and ends it's a $2.5k vehicle at best, if the interior is immaculate and the trans was working. Why doesn't she listen to you and upgrade to something better handling, more reliable and efficient?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
With busted 4x4 and other odds and ends it's a $2.5k vehicle at best, if the interior is immaculate and the trans was working. Why doesn't she listen to you and upgrade to something better handling, more reliable and efficient?

they say they don't have the money to buy something new... But after checking CL... they could have sold this one for 2.5 then bought another one with 100k on it for 5, probably spending at least two grand on this transmission so the money would have worked out

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

$3100 + the cost of a rental car for a week and a half = problem is still there. Should've taken it to my mechanic instead.

I'm going to take the exploder for a drive and see if I can get it to happen so I can describe it to you dudes more accurately.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

The problem is actually worse now, The juddering happens like 75% of the time now. There's also a loud grinding noise that my mom has heard about 4 times after only driving it for a few days. Plus a new noise I've never heard, the engine is "puffing" every 1-2 seconds, making this odd noise. Not like a vacuum leak more like a noise you'd hear from a steam locomotive.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

RazorWind

Quote:
The problem is actually worse now, The juddering happens like 75% of the time now. There's also a loud grinding noise that my mom has heard about 4 times after only driving it for a few days. Plus a new noise I've never heard, the engine is "puffing" every 1-2 seconds, making this odd noise. Not like a vacuum leak more like a noise you'd hear from a steam locomotive.

Wait, they had the transmission replaced, and it still does this? WTF, take it back and make the shop figure it out.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Ya we left it parked in front of their roll up doors last night with a well written (non-abrasive but stern) note

Slash
DoucheBagalo

Sounds like a disaster.

Good luck.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Shop says the place they farmed the work out to neglected to "calibrate" the new transmission... Mom only drove it a short distance but said it is much better. The puffing noise is from the AC compressor which is spitting grease out. (mis diagnosed/ignored by my preferred mechanic.)

The shop is now replacing the A/C compressor for cost as compensation for the fuck up, pretty cool of them.

That being said, I primarily just use the guy for exhaust work. I have a Honda so I don't have car troubles.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
I have a Honda so I don't have car troubles.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!! 1! 1! 1!! 11!! 1!!!

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!! 1! 1! 1!! 11!! 1!!!

True story

but I'm glad you enjoyed it

Tex Arcana

Quote:
True story

but I'm glad you enjoyed it

The best laugh I had all day

--John Hobbs