General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Dad had a '77 Corvette that he traded for a sailboat. If you punched it under 100mph, all you got was tire smoke, white knuckles, and sweat. It was a three speed automatic, and it would hit 180mph and then sit on the rev limiter like my Civic Si can in neutral. It warped my sense of fast. It was originally an L-82 package but the guy we got it from pulled that motor, sealed it in plastic, and stored it. He then (since he was a local engine builder for the local 1/8th mile track) built what he thought was the ultimate normally aspirated 350 chevy on pump gas. It was a pretty nasty motor, with a big Holley carb, huge intake manifold, cam with lobes the size of texas, and exhaust runners so big you could throw a bowling ball down them. I am unsure which heads it had, but the guy had ported them enough to drive a forklift around in them comfortably. The advertisement for this car simply read "1977 Corvette, original engine on pallet, not a Sunday driver, call for more information." For example, the automatic transmission in this car was so aggressively set up, that it's baseline shift point from first to second gear was 50 mph. It took just more than one tank of fuel per hour to run it. I do believe my favorite part about the car was the original white leather interior and stock wheels. People walked past it at car shows with the hood down, but with the hood up, everybody stopped and did a double take of the engine. It's idle was something else. This car got dismantled and sold in pieces because it honestly had no business having license plates on it. It would instantly kill any driver without self-control. Guy we sold the motor to stuck it in a Camaro, and it would hold a wheelie into 2nd.

Fucken A

Too bad it was a 77, I like the early C3s more

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

aoeoae

i got underneath my 95 accord once. it had been through 14 michigan winters at that point. entire underbody was bright orange with rust, looked like it had been pulled up from the titanic. any time i touched something it rained iron oxide dust.

ZMan
title fixed for good of forums

I'm doing an interior on this right now..got to drive it into the garage lol. '50 Ford.
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2l
'13 F-150 Ecoboost

MasterOfNone
Nice sack, May I gargle?

flat blue paint?

It looks good, but I've never seen a flat blue car.

ZMan
title fixed for good of forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
flat blue paint?

It looks good, but I've never seen a flat blue car.

Ya, its base/clear. Its really slick in person. The bumpers, hub caps, dash, engine bay and other miscellaneous trim pieces are the same color gloss. The whole entire interior will be close to the color of the wheels. He likes blue apparently!
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2l
'13 F-150 Ecoboost

J Mel

1) 1927 Ford Model T-roadster. Real steel, sitting in my garage. My first build

2) 1923 Ford t-roadster - fiberglass....guess it doesnt count

3) 1928 Ford Coupe - hemi powered - scary but badass

4) 1948 chevy truck

5) 1948 willys Jeepster

6) 1948 willys truck

7) 1949 willys truck

8) 1951 willys truck

(My father in law really likes old willys)

9) 1951 chevy styleline - my wifes car also in my garage.

Last edited by J Mel; 09-06-2013 at 10:00 PM..

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
1932 Model A

so old you manually control the fuel mix and timing advance. also, no synchros in the manual.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sweet...I can finally be an arrogant asshole and correct and publicly shame somebody. 1932 was a model b. Model a's were from 1928-31. Fucking tard!!!

Jk about the tard part, wanted to give you a hard time. Its funny because 32 was the only year like that body style....so they are quite valuable and sought after. There are people with model a's who don't know the difference and see a 32 for sale for an ungodly sum....and suddenly think their lowly model a is worth that much.

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
It's true, depending on the engine. WIth the Hi-Po 289 which has a solid lifters then the max I could go was about 3,000 miles. When I felt the performance dropping, it was always those. I probably did them more often than that even, as I only drive it around town and floored it all the time.

I had the process down to 45 minutes from parking in driveway to washing hands

My father-in-law did a bolt by built restoration of a 1910 Brush. The guy who owned it inherited it from his grandfather who bought it new in 1910. I didn't get to drive it though. After it was done they took it on a reliability run with other pre-teens cars.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

wtf is a Brush

1910? God damn. It probably came with a small impoverished child that starts it for you.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
My father-in-law did a bolt by built restoration of a 1910 Brush. The guy who owned it inherited it from his grandfather who bought it new in 1910. I didn't get to drive it though. After it was done they took it on a reliability run with other pre-teens cars.

that's so old you should call it a horseless carriage, not a car.

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
that's so old you should call it a horseless carriage, not a car.

Well, it was called brush automobile company. Were around from early or mid 1900's to 1913. If i recall it had a single cyl engine capable of like 15hp. Think my FIL said it'd do about 30. Also said you wouldn't want to go faster than that in it. Frame was wood....oak I believe. Suspension was really weird....don't remember why though.

Was a complete bolt by bolt restoration. before the tear down they took it on a reliability run....father in law acted as navigator and mechanic. Was a 2 or 3 day event. Restoration was completed with all except radiator. Previous attempts to restore the radiator failed miserably....somebody tried to fix it with jb weld. FIL tried to repair it for good but was unable to salvage it. A "new" one was around the $6k range.

Not necessarily a cool vehicle....other than the fact of its age. Crazy simple and quite innovative yet primitive at the same time. Was fun watching him tear it down and restore it. Made me look forward to going to his shop to visit.

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
fixed for accuracy

dad. mom. point is my dick has violated it.