General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Half-Baked

Final Fantasy Marathon! Ends Thursday at Midnight PST

We, The Warriors of Light (aka. Colin, Chi, Fuchie, and Kyle) are hosting a Final Fantasy Marathon where we will play all the games from the series (Excluding Spinoffs, Sequels, and FF 11). We have be en playing all these games since 7:00 AM PST Friday the 27 and will be playing to Midnight PST on Thursday July 3 or sooner depending on how fast we can beat them all. Everything we will be doing will be in the name of charity and we have a link on our site to donate to the Red Cross.

Kyle, Chi, and Colin are all high school graduates and Fuchie currently attends a school out of state.

Chi: Hiya, the name's Chi. We've been planning this whole thing for a while now. I'm gonna be studying theater up at Western Washington University in the fall. I was supposed to play FF 4-6 on my hacked PSP, but it froze up on me and I lost like 5 hours of gameplay... T_T But anyways... come support our cause!

Kyle: Hi, im Kyle and I am going University of Washington in the fall. After taking my prereqs I will try to get into the medicine program offered there. I like walks on the beach, romantic evenings, and poking dead things with a stick. My other hobbies include, you guessed it, playing video games. I was supposed to play FF1 and 10, but after Chi's game crashed, he started playing 1, so I don't know what else I'm going to play.

Colin: Hello, im Colin. I have also been in planning with Chi to get this project off the runway. Him and I go way back to elementary school playing tag. We both grew up loving Final Fantasy games and it is our true passions. I also love Engineering and after taking my prereqs at Bellevevue Community College, I hope to get into the program offered at the University of Washington. I'm playing FF3 on an NES emulator, FF7, and FF9, but I'm helping Chi play FF1 also.

Chi: Fuchie doesn't wanna say anything about himself, so I'll talk about him. He's my cousin from Minnesota, who happened to be visiting while we were doing this, and he too loves Final Fantasy, especially FF8, although I don't know why, he's like a super FF8-fanboy, despite the holes and almost-silent protagonist. He's still in high school, unlike the rest of us. He also likes football, and "learning about the mind." I think he means psychology. He played FF2 but it was so hard he gave up (cause he's a loser) and so he started playing his favorite FF (FF8) and he also has to play FF12.

We have three TVs and two computers running, and we'll be playing 24/7, so you can be sure that at least one of us will always be up and playing at any given time. We're not pro-FF players, we don't know all the secrets or boss strategies. KYle hasn't even played an FF game until now! The closest he got to FF was Advent Children. We're just FF enthusiasts, trying to do something we love to help other people. Please donate, it is the only true way that we know you care.

Thanks and enjoy

P.S. You can visit us at www.sealedminds.com to see the stream and chat.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

sitepimp

Suicide King

Will you be taking breaks periodically to go out and cruise for strange?

littleho

get a better tv.

wilse

fuck yourself, sitepimper

Rabid Bunny

So you want me to give you money to give to the Red Cross and then watch you play a video game for hours on end? I think I'd be better off giving my money straight to the Red Cross and waste my time elsewheres.

littleho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Bunny View Post
So you want me to give you money to give to the Red Cross and then watch you play a video game for hours on end? I think I'd be better off giving my money straight to the Red Cross and waste my time elsewheres.

im confused with this too... what exactly does playing video games for 2 weeks straight have to do with charity? are you actually getting people to donate to red cross... in the name of final fantasy?

Half-Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleho View Post
im confused with this too... what exactly does playing video games for 2 weeks straight have to do with charity? are you actually getting people to donate to red cross... in the name of final fantasy?
What are all marathons about? If you did a running marathon, you could raise money for breast cancer by using your physical stamina and putting yourself to the limit. We are doing a marathon that involves mental dexterity. Many argue that we are just playing them because we like them, but do you think that people who run in marathons for charity hate running?

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Baked View Post
What are all marathons about? If you did a running marathon, you could raise money for breast cancer by using your physical stamina and putting yourself to the limit. We are doing a marathon that involves mental dexterity. Many argue that we are just playing them because we like them, but do you think that people who run in marathons for charity hate running?

i'd have picked a more mentally taxing game than the final fantasy games, but yeah i get your point.

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul

12:17 ustreamer-73809 : hey colin I need to talk to you about a login issue but it needs to be talked about over the phone---Dad

littleho

Quote:

why dont you just run a marathon then?

ps how much money are you actually raising

huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(

I was watching during eating lunch today and it was ff6 at the opera scene. The poor guy died he lost to the ultros 5 minute timer and he went the wrong way ahhh!! I do enjoy being able to make comments and have them read them.

huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(

Quote:

breast cancer already gets the most money out of all the cancers, I suppose since men like boobs and women like keeping them, it has the most interest. They will have a cure for breast cancer in 5 years and men will get ass cancer for the next 50.