General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

hdeck

still haven't played ep2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=growler View Post
They already announced November 4 release date.

yeah but everyone keeps bundling it with ep3 and shit that won't be out for a long time

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronage View Post
Load up your Gameshark and skip to the ending while you're at it

actual battle > reusing a gameplay gimmick from the first game (physics engine).
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

vegzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
actual battle > reusing a gameplay gimmick from the first game (physics engine).

oh shocking, it's lopeotve

UID=growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
yeah but everyone keeps bundling it with ep3 and shit that won't be out for a long time

yeah I'm saying there will be no bundle, or if there is L4D will have already been out for a while.

alehark

Quote:

Yeah. Get rid of guns while you're at it, that's a gimmick from Wolfenstein and Doom.

Gabbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBiscuits View Post
http://e3.net/games/?game_id=68

Half-Life 3: Episode 3 at E3!

Already been shot down as mere internet roomer by Lombardi. Ep3 won't be at E3.
I hope, given the amount of story that's left to tell that its at least 9-10 hours long.

möbiustrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapeR View Post
Fair enough, I can respect that.

I tend to agree there were certain points that were a bit lame (hey, nice shot! ) but I was generally pretty agreeable. .. Then I kind of get into a mindset to a point where the only thing that takes me 'out' of the game is crappy dialog or stupid twists. Game developer Jedi Mind Tricks

Still, I cant say that I have been left disappointed with HL in any of its releases, perhaps maybe on how long it takes to actually release though.
I liked ep2 a lot more, it felt like they actually...well...worked on it.

The dialogue's still terrible, and I could do without the hand-holding ("hey, let's press the button" *presses button* "good job, you pressed the button!"). And it was a swift kick in the nuts finding out altfire on the Combine rifle kills hunters, right before you fight a shitton of them, without Combine ammo.

The ambush / defend the house sequence was perfect. I hope L4D is built around it.

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegzor View Post

oh shocking, it's lopeotve

what, I can't have an opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehark View Post
Yeah. Get rid of guns while you're at it, that's a gimmick from Wolfenstein and Doom.

Guns are a standard staple of the FPS, and that's basically what they did - no guns for you, just a ball!

I disliked it. What, I can't dislike part of a good game? I honestly thought Ep1 was better than 2. I'm looking forward to Ep3 too.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

alehark

Quote:
Guns are a standard staple of the FPS, and that's basically what they did - no guns for you, just a ball!

I disliked it. What, I can't dislike part of a good game? I honestly thought Ep1 was better than 2. I'm looking forward to Ep3 too.

I was just saying that the physics engine has been a big part of the games, and I don't see a problem with continuing to use it... I don't see it as a gimmick, but rather a fun alternate way to fight in the midst of a shitton of generic FPS's

bobsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
The ambush / defend the house sequence was perfect. I hope L4D is built around it.

Yeah, that was the first time in the HL games I really felt like I was up against a superior enemy...I was getting hit from all sides, and you had to keep moving or else be flanked and nailed in the ass.

Especially with the way they had the hunters breaking down the doors, windows, and walls at different parts of the house...that is exactly what would make Left 4 Dead totally awesome.

Full zombie panic.

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehark View Post
I was just saying that the physics engine has been a big part of the games, and I don't see a problem with continuing to use it... I don't see it as a gimmick, but rather a fun alternate way to fight in the midst of a shitton of generic FPS's

I don't mind the engine, I just dislike how you were ~forced~ to use it for that battle (not enough rockets to do it any other way realistically, especially on hard). I wanted the option, if you know what I mean... let me choose how to defend the base
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.