General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanY View Post
Err, I think I'm going to side with the minority here. Note that I have nothing against gay friends, I have some that are openly gay and it doesn't bother me at all. But if he talked about being interested in women, despite not being interested in them in the slightest, I'd call that lying. It would be the same as if I had a friend who pretended to be really into cars (let's say) and then after a year he'd tell me, "nah I'm not into cars at all, I hate them, I just wanted to be friends with you." That would be weird. Same with this situation. It's not that he's gay, it's that he was pretending to be interested in something to become friends with you, when in fact he wasn't. Unless he is legitimately interested in women as well, in which case my argument is not applicable.

Would there be a possibility that you would not be friends with him or even worse hit him or even kill him if he didn't like cars?

If so, then yes I can see the resemblence.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Navara
I'm on a boat.

My one friend of 8 years told me he was gay after the same exact situation. Its no big deal i dont care, he's still my friend.

Steam: Navara
XBL Gamertag: YearXero

Mr. Susan

He probably hated himself for lying about it more than you do for being lied to.
Try to be understanding instead of self centred.

TheRealScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiIroy View Post
A gay friend of mine thinks that it is strange that straight people don't "come out" as straight, but gay people are basically expected to tell everyone they're close to about their homosexuality.
For some reason people always think I'm an rich arrogant homosexual upon first impression. I have to come out as straight almost everyday.

mohavewolfpup
I masturbated a guy to death with my own hands

I always lie to people I don't know and play along with their about "wow, is she hot or what?" I never go to clubs/strip clubs with people, so that avoids 99% of shit there. Still run into it though and buses and crap.

I know what I like inside, and that's what matters. I still find it pathetic though to have to hide it, least I get killed or beaten up real bad. That's why I consider religion on it to be a total farce. If I get stoned to death by the pope for being homosexual, it's okay. If I knee him in his balls and pop his head off his worthless body as he spouts anti homosexual rhetoric from a book that needs to be burned, it's suddenly a massive hate crime and i'm facing the death penalty. (replace the pop with any religious figure nowadays and you get the idea)

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. There is still alot of hostility in the world even though many areas have become accepting. Still need to watch your back sadly...

accept him for what he is, and he probably isn't going to make a pass on you. Most try to be respectful of others boundaries, I know I certainly am. I always adopt a "he's straight" attitude towards them and hunt around to find out if they are gay/gay friendly in any way. It's like a very annoying game of chess, can take a while

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post

I know what I like inside, and that's what matters. I still find it pathetic though to have to hide it, least I get killed or beaten up real bad. That's why I consider religion on it to be a total farce. If I get stoned to death by the pope for being homosexual, it's okay. If I knee him in his balls and pop his head off his worthless body as he spouts anti homosexual rhetoric from a book that needs to be burned, it's suddenly a massive hate crime and i'm facing the death penalty. (replace the pop with any religious figure nowadays and you get the idea)

You really think people will allow murder of a homosexual because he's homosexual?

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
You really think people will allow murder of a homosexual because he's homosexual?

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/U...669/story.html

Runding

Yea, it's OK to lie if you're gay.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post

I assumed we were talking about the US

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Yes, because coming to terms with your sexuality is kind of like liking cars.

i <3 you

shit, does that mean i'm gay and have been lying to my friends?

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I assumed we were talking about the US

We were, mohave is just a bitter little man and bing likes posting newpaper articles too much.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
i <3 you

shit, does that mean i'm gay and have been lying to my friends?

I'll lie to your friends for you, if you promise me some quality male bonding

Besides OP, who cares if he "lied". I doubt you'd make this thread if your friend came out and told you his favorite color is blue instead of the green he deceived you into thinking many many moons ago. Sounds to me like it's more of an issue of you not liking the fact the guy's a fag.

Hey, if that's something you don't want to associate with that's fine I guess. Perhaps not the PC choice or something among those lines but he's honest to himself, I don't see why you can't be.Obviously your friend was kind of on to something when he kept it under the lid, considering it got a heavy reaction. Sounds to me like the dishonesty issue is the smaller issue here.

Mooninites

Quote:
I always lie to people I don't know and play along with their about "wow, is she hot or what?" I never go to clubs/strip clubs with people, so that avoids 99% of shit there. Still run into it though and buses and crap.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. There is still alot of hostility in the world even though many areas have become accepting. Still need to watch your back sadly...
Please stop trying to represent us.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:

accept him for what he is, and he probably isn't going to make a pass on you. Most try to be respectful of others boundaries, I know I certainly am. I always adopt a "he's straight" attitude towards them and hunt around to find out if they are gay/gay friendly in any way. It's like a very annoying game of chess, can take a while

you're gay? and also a rampant racist? seems a bit ironic

Last edited by Vendetta; 05-18-2010 at 12:29 PM..

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

I think Oleo is just uncomfortable with the fact that his friend potentially looks at him the same way he[oleo] looks at women.