General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Pigs
this broccolis is sufficient

looks awesome, can't wait to see it finished

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

uRizen

Another weekend comes to a close, put in one last part order, the only fabrication I have left is some little brackets to hold the computer internals in place.

Finished filling holes and sanding.

Haphazardly drilled some ventilation holes in the top, there will also be some in the rear cover along with a couple of 120mm fans.

Finished debating over control panel, went with an 8 button configuration just because I could.

First coat of primer down, that MDF soaked up a couple of cans despite the glue sealing, much of which must have been removed during my intensive sanding sessions.

If everything goes as planned it should be playable next weekend. I might be able to finish painting tomorrow and the wire runs/electronics assembly won't take too long.

Pigs
this broccolis is sufficient

I got a little more creative with my venting

odd
I make it rain on them hoes.

Do want!
Only users lose drugs

Dazz
Dazz 4 Games Forum Mod

uRizen - It looks like I'm a bit late to the party, but this is looking really good.

Don't you live in the DFW area? If you do, shoot me a message if you need anything. I've got all kinds of tools. If you need software/roms I can hook you up on that part as well. I just compiled a new version of MAME 0.139 this morning.

uRizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
uRizen - It looks like I'm a bit late to the party, but this is looking really good.

Don't you live in the DFW area? If you do, shoot me a message if you need anything. I've got all kinds of tools. If you need software/roms I can hook you up on that part as well. I just compiled a new version of MAME 0.139 this morning.

Negatory, Minnesota. Glad you could drop into the thread though. Speaking of MAME, I'm actually going through my roms right now to build my favorites file for HyperSpin. My current set was a torrent package deal with MameUI32 0.136, is there anything crazy I need to do to upgrade to 0.139 (I have never upgraded MAME with more than two or three games in my collection in the past)?

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

MAZDA mazda Mazda MAZDA MAAAAZZZDAAAA.

Wankle.

Fun looking build.

theNoid

I swore this was a counter top cabinet then I saw the bikes in the background

Dazz
Dazz 4 Games Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRizen View Post
Negatory, Minnesota. Glad you could drop into the thread though. Speaking of MAME, I'm actually going through my roms right now to build my favorites file for HyperSpin. My current set was a torrent package deal with MameUI32 0.136, is there anything crazy I need to do to upgrade to 0.139 (I have never upgraded MAME with more than two or three games in my collection in the past)?
I just sent ya some info. Check your PM's.

Veeb0rg

If ya need any help lemme know, I'm in the final stages of a very long mame project myself. I'm using Mala as a front end, I actually used the same monitor as you I ended up completely stripping it from the plastic and using an arcade monitor mount. I'm using a full size cab though.

Dazz
Dazz 4 Games Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeb0rg View Post
If ya need any help lemme know, I'm in the final stages of a very long mame project myself. I'm using Mala as a front end, I actually used the same monitor as you I ended up completely stripping it from the plastic and using an arcade monitor mount. I'm using a full size cab though.
Why Mala? Check out HyperSpin.

theNoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
Why Mala? Check out HyperSpin.

Indeed

uRizen

Finished priming Tuesday, put down a couple coats of satin black paint, final coat goes on tomorrow evening.

After first wet sanding.

Found an Athlon 64x2 3800+ hiding in one of my part boxes, used threaded inserts to place motherboard mounting posts, bent and drilled a hole in the AGP card's rear plate and screwed it into a post at the bottom. Going to swap power supply for one that has less leads to get in the way. Also need to cut out the hole for the lower 120mm fan which will have a shroud on it to direct air over the board.

Component layout.

Almost there!

uRizen

Finished painting this last Friday, had to delay a bit to help a friend with his new house. Aside from the reset and service buttons everything is wired and ready to rock, used a mangled Xbox360 controller for controls and the controller out of an ancient USB keyboard for my system buttons.

uRizen

Got it up and running today, got quite a bit of little niggly shit to work out, but it's playable!