General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Forum & Network
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
electric!sheep
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
sometimes life sucks. BUT IF WE HAD A CURRENCY SUBFORUM THERE WOULD BE NO SNIPING

How about a ban on tl;dr replies, or other no-content replies? It's usually the idiots who do that stuff anyway.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:31 PM electric!sheep is offline  
Reply With Quote
#286  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep View Post
Exactly. I admit, I got some good replies to my thread on how to identify fake money, but threads with interesting information and some effort behind them are few and far-between.

The good threads end up getting so many shit replies that are intended to do nothing but deteriorate the thread... why put effort into good threads when it is for an audience that just wants to tear it down? It is only a portion of genmay that does this but it is enough to reduce the desire for putting effort into forming a decent discussion.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#287  

electric!sheep
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
The good threads end up getting so many shit replies that are intended to do nothing but deteriorate the thread... why put effort into good threads when it is for an audience that just wants to tear it down? It is only a portion of genmay that does this but it is enough to reduce the desire for putting effort into forming a decent discussion.

Agreed. A lot of stupid people here like to just shit on everyone else for fun. They add NOTHING, unless you believe that is what genmay is all about. It's not, is it? Bueller?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:34 PM electric!sheep is offline  
Reply With Quote
#288  

Doctor Octagon
I must construct additional pylons.
 
Doctor Octagon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep View Post
Exactly. I admit, I got some good replies to my thread on how to identify fake money, but threads with interesting information and some effort behind them are few and far-between.

I almost shit in that thread, but I decided to respond nicely with information.

The reason people shit on threads is because there is no shame here; punishment only keeps them away for so long and it doesn't change a poster's mentality. Nevertheless, I don't want to see users perma-banned for crap replies either. We need a huge shift in the forum's personality and I think we have recently reached the tipping point. Hopefully we can capitalize on it and it goes well. More shaming and non-toleration of crap replies; ignoring shitty users basically.

My .02 cents.
__________________
Don't crush it when you sit up on it.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:36 PM Doctor Octagon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#289  

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep View Post
How about a ban on tl;dr replies, or other no-content replies? It's usually the idiots who do that stuff anyway.

content should apply to the replies and not just to the person who made the thread. I agree with you. Anything that has nothing to do with the thread or is posted to detract from the thread should be B7'd. This is exactly what many people bitch genmay lacking or "going downhill over time" etc.. It is hard to have a decent and mature discussion.
Don't get me wrong... there is a place for the retardation but it might be better to push it all into the KC and grow that forum out a bit.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:37 PM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#290  

electric!sheep
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
content should apply to the replies and not just to the person who made the thread. I agree with you. Anything that has nothing to do with the thread or is posted to detract from the thread should be B7'd. This is exactly what many people bitch genmay lacking or "going downhill over time" etc.. It is hard to have a decent and mature discussion.
Don't get me wrong... there is a place for the retardation but it might be better to push it all into the KC and grow that forum out a bit.

I am too drunk to type more now. You speak the truth.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:38 PM electric!sheep is offline  
Reply With Quote
#291  

odecom5
I have to dress my dick up like celery so my lesbian butch of a gf will suck it.
 
odecom5's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
The KC is a great forum and it needs to be better thought through. Right now it is open to criminals and VIP gold members.....maybe it should be open to all, but those actually KC'd cannot make threads?

i think this is a great idea, but if those in the KC can't make threads nobody will

maybe only perma guys have no threadprivs in the KC? excluding mod mcovey though, of course
__________________
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #37

How fast does a zebra have to go before it looks gray?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:41 PM odecom5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#292  

wendeelicious
The Dank
 
niggas we aint dead we jus real fuckin high right now
__________________
smokin 5x the herb than i do da pole






....wait no
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM wendeelicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
#293  

sanjay
 
sanjay's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
content should apply to the replies and not just to the person who made the thread. I agree with you. Anything that has nothing to do with the thread or is posted to detract from the thread should be B7'd. This is exactly what many people bitch genmay lacking or "going downhill over time" etc.. It is hard to have a decent and mature discussion.
Don't get me wrong... there is a place for the retardation but it might be better to push it all into the KC and grow that forum out a bit.

if you read the guidelines- I tried to do that, but now I think we start from scratch in my new thread.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:44 PM sanjay is offline  
Reply With Quote
#294  

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
if you read the guidelines- I tried to do that, but now I think we start from scratch in my new thread.

oh for sure. I see exactly where you are going. I just see a few holes that were missed. Of course this is all just my opinion. I'll enforce whatever you design.


edit: Split off the KC discussion here: http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=735415

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 05-13-2007 at 07:03 PM..
Old 05-13-2007, 06:46 PM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#295  

r00tshell
 
Genmay needs to look into a digg style reply system where the shitty replies just get filtered through the bottom and the good replies hang around the top and generate actual discussion
__________________
bitches
Old 06-02-2007, 04:14 PM r00tshell is offline  
Reply With Quote
#296  

Romeoz God
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tshell View Post
Genmay needs to look into a digg style reply system where the shitty replies just get filtered through the bottom and the good replies hang around the top and generate actual discussion

Do you mean threads or replies?

if you mean replies that is pretty
Old 06-03-2007, 12:42 AM Romeoz God is offline  
Reply With Quote
#297  

ShoelessOne
 
ShoelessOne's Avatar
 
i hope not.
__________________
N[W]O - ***Ace Sextuple***

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0
Old 06-03-2007, 07:12 PM ShoelessOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
#298  

pcsperson
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKnight View Post

lol
Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 AM pcsperson is offline  
Reply With Quote
#299  

yoaliens
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
there are many of us who interact on a very high level on the current [M], its just that there is a lot of shit to wade through.

I'd have to agree with that, when I needed to make a free website for a school project I made a thread here on genmay requesting a client. It worked out quite well.
__________________
[ LOL ]
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 AM yoaliens is offline  
Reply With Quote
#300  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.