General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Forum & Network
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

electric!sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
sometimes life sucks. BUT IF WE HAD A CURRENCY SUBFORUM THERE WOULD BE NO SNIPING

How about a ban on tl;dr replies, or other no-content replies? It's usually the idiots who do that stuff anyway.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep View Post
Exactly. I admit, I got some good replies to my thread on how to identify fake money, but threads with interesting information and some effort behind them are few and far-between.

The good threads end up getting so many shit replies that are intended to do nothing but deteriorate the thread... why put effort into good threads when it is for an audience that just wants to tear it down? It is only a portion of genmay that does this but it is enough to reduce the desire for putting effort into forming a decent discussion.

electric!sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
The good threads end up getting so many shit replies that are intended to do nothing but deteriorate the thread... why put effort into good threads when it is for an audience that just wants to tear it down? It is only a portion of genmay that does this but it is enough to reduce the desire for putting effort into forming a decent discussion.

Agreed. A lot of stupid people here like to just shit on everyone else for fun. They add NOTHING, unless you believe that is what genmay is all about. It's not, is it? Bueller?

Doctor Octagon
I must construct additional pylons.

Quote:
Exactly. I admit, I got some good replies to my thread on how to identify fake money, but threads with interesting information and some effort behind them are few and far-between.

I almost shit in that thread, but I decided to respond nicely with information.

The reason people shit on threads is because there is no shame here; punishment only keeps them away for so long and it doesn't change a poster's mentality. Nevertheless, I don't want to see users perma-banned for crap replies either. We need a huge shift in the forum's personality and I think we have recently reached the tipping point. Hopefully we can capitalize on it and it goes well. More shaming and non-toleration of crap replies; ignoring shitty users basically.

My .02 cents.

DigitalChaos

Quote:
How about a ban on tl;dr replies, or other no-content replies? It's usually the idiots who do that stuff anyway.

content should apply to the replies and not just to the person who made the thread. I agree with you. Anything that has nothing to do with the thread or is posted to detract from the thread should be B7'd. This is exactly what many people bitch genmay lacking or "going downhill over time" etc.. It is hard to have a decent and mature discussion.
Don't get me wrong... there is a place for the retardation but it might be better to push it all into the KC and grow that forum out a bit.

electric!sheep

Quote:
content should apply to the replies and not just to the person who made the thread. I agree with you. Anything that has nothing to do with the thread or is posted to detract from the thread should be B7'd. This is exactly what many people bitch genmay lacking or "going downhill over time" etc.. It is hard to have a decent and mature discussion.
Don't get me wrong... there is a place for the retardation but it might be better to push it all into the KC and grow that forum out a bit.

I am too drunk to type more now. You speak the truth.

odecom5
I have to dress my dick up like celery so my lesbian butch of a gf will suck it.

Quote:
The KC is a great forum and it needs to be better thought through. Right now it is open to criminals and VIP gold members.....maybe it should be open to all, but those actually KC'd cannot make threads?

i think this is a great idea, but if those in the KC can't make threads nobody will

maybe only perma guys have no threadprivs in the KC? excluding mod mcovey though, of course
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #37

How fast does a zebra have to go before it looks gray?

wendeelicious
The Dank

niggas we aint dead we jus real fuckin high right now

....wait no

sanjay

Quote:

if you read the guidelines- I tried to do that, but now I think we start from scratch in my new thread.

DigitalChaos

Quote:
if you read the guidelines- I tried to do that, but now I think we start from scratch in my new thread.

oh for sure. I see exactly where you are going. I just see a few holes that were missed. Of course this is all just my opinion. I'll enforce whatever you design.

edit: Split off the KC discussion here: http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=735415

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 05-13-2007 at 07:03 PM..

r00tshell

Genmay needs to look into a digg style reply system where the shitty replies just get filtered through the bottom and the good replies hang around the top and generate actual discussion

Romeoz God

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tshell View Post
Genmay needs to look into a digg style reply system where the shitty replies just get filtered through the bottom and the good replies hang around the top and generate actual discussion

Do you mean threads or replies?

if you mean replies that is pretty

ShoelessOne

i hope not.

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0

pcsperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKnight View Post

lol

yoaliens

Quote:
there are many of us who interact on a very high level on the current [M], its just that there is a lot of shit to wade through.

I'd have to agree with that, when I needed to make a free website for a school project I made a thread here on genmay requesting a client. It worked out quite well.