what is he now?

sigh...did you even play starcraft

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gybekaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
"carebear" loot system?

I WANT MY GAMES TO FEEL LIKE WORK. IF I'M HAVING FUN, THE GAME JUST SUCKS ASS

part of the fun is getting the items befor someone else. or not getting that item to only get it later.

Mikiri
<font size=+2 color=\"pink\"><b>THE INTERNET IS <font size=+3><blink>UNFAIR</blink></font></b></font

Quote:
Originally Posted by gybekaj View Post
part of the fun is getting the items befor someone else. or not getting that item to only get it later.

No... that was pretty fucking annoying...

sir tex

Quote:

No. The only reason you got the item before anyone else was because you had faster internet and a faster computer, with a little luck thrown in. It had nothing to do with skill at all, don't kid yourself.

threefingeredguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurk View Post
If there is no Necromancer in Diablo 3 I will not buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRPS View Post
1) a necromancer.

You guys don't follow Diablo 3 very closely, do you? Blizzard stated that there WILL be a necromancer. The witch doctor is similar but his skills are more situated towards healing and party play.

Seikan

I hope this is the appropriate thread for this but you guys know those screenies they made soon after they announced D3 about "this is how it looks-this is how it should look" addressing the texture and lighting. You guys think that will be changed and implemented?

Basically my question is how much influence does the community have on a game like this with their feedback/ideas?

I'm guessing those screens criticizing the look of the environments got a lot of circulation. Think blizzard guys saw it and the weight of support behind it?

kooshball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
If they don't add a playable race, then all you're getting, no matter how they pretty it up, is starcraft ported to a 3d engine.

that's pretty much what everyone's been asking for in the past anyways.

gybekaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
No. The only reason you got the item before anyone else was because you had faster internet and a faster computer, with a little luck thrown in. It had nothing to do with skill at all, don't kid yourself.

where did i say anything about skill? ive pretty much always had a sub par computer and connection so yeah i know its all luck. which is why i made a mf sorc and did runs for countless hours for my gear. but when there's a mad dash for something on the ground and you get it THATS fun. dont kid yourself.

masamune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
I hope this is the appropriate thread for this but you guys know those screenies they made soon after they announced D3 about "this is how it looks-this is how it should look" addressing the texture and lighting. You guys think that will be changed and implemented?

Basically my question is how much influence does the community have on a game like this with their feedback/ideas?

I'm guessing those screens criticizing the look of the environments got a lot of circulation. Think blizzard guys saw it and the weight of support behind it?

From my experience with WoW, Blizzard does listen to the community, but it takes a long time to see any effects from it, if any.

An example, a couple months after WoW was released, people started realizing how overpowered the dwarf priest spell, Fear Ward, was due to numerous bosses casting Fear on tanks. Other priest races had lackluster spells and it was obvious. It wasn't even up for debate.

Finally, 3 years later, Blizzard finally updates the priest races to balance out the spells, but some would argue the changes were incomplete since some spells are still bad (human priest's feedback spell).

That was just an extreme example. Some other changes only took a few months.
One patch, warlocks got a Soulwell spell which dispenses 10 Soulstones when before they had to create 10 of them manually. Mages immediately complained that they still had to create food/water manually and that they should have an equivalent spell.

I believe a few patches later (couple months I guess), mages got a Refreshments Table spell to match.

citizen_snips

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
If they don't add a playable race, then all you're getting, no matter how they pretty it up, is starcraft ported to a 3d engine.

That's debatable i'd say Starcraft 64 was a port... a couple changes like more unit selection, but the same story and gameplay.

They're obviously making a lot of changes to units and terrain, which, given how competitive and balanced the original game is, will force absolutely every good player to majorly change all of their strategies.

It'll be years before starcraft 2 strategies are mapped out to the extent of the current starcraft. And that's more change than just a port or an expansion

The-Raven
I Stalk Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen_snips View Post
of course I played through the zeratul bonus level... but they didn't actually show the zerg/protoss race in the level other than a generic stasis tank and some text.

in any case, that's my point, any distinctive race has already been used, the only "new" one is a hybrid of two other distinct ones.

I don't think Blizzard would make a fourth playable race, it'd be too much of a wrench into the balance of the game, and there's no way they could make it as utterly different as the terran protoss and zerg are from each other.

just because they haven't shown the race in the released gameplay videos doesn't mean they aren't working on it balancing out.

Blizz has experience with 4 playable races balancing out... a la WC3

"ive taken 50 hits of acid and drank 40 beers in the same night" - Icw@ter

"It is not my fault that you guys make very shitty, low value content" - Sanjay

UID=growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post

I doubt it, but the people who made those screenshots are idiots. What is to say some other part of the game won't look like that? Diablo 2 had a wide variety of locations, they weren't all dark and dreary. So far Blizzard has only shown screenshots from one locale, but you know they are going to have at least 3-4 or more different areas that have completely different visual styles.

I am sure you can count on some dark and gloomy locations in addition to more colorful ones. I am sure there will be a fiery hell location and maybe a ice/frozen location since they used ice in the splash screen.

Savenor
Look at my tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Raven View Post
just because they haven't shown the race in the released gameplay videos doesn't mean they aren't working on it balancing out.

Blizz has experience with 4 playable races balancing out... a la WC3

except war3 wasn't really balanced.

sir tex

Quote:
where did i say anything about skill? ive pretty much always had a sub par computer and connection so yeah i know its all luck. which is why i made a mf sorc and did runs for countless hours for my gear. but when there's a mad dash for something on the ground and you get it THATS fun. dont kid yourself.

"carebear" implies that someone who has no skill complains about something, usually PvP. And no, the mad dash for something on the ground was NOT fun, it was obnoxious.

littleho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savenor View Post
sigh...did you even play starcraft

yeah... like 6 years ago.

but after checking up on starcraft history i still dont know why you're upset with who he is now since thats who he turned into in brood wars.