Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

ass tulip

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

grjr

eh, it's ugly... looks more like a dodge now

Quote:

Last edited by grjr; 12-05-2013 at 04:51 PM..

Viperoni

I like it! Let's see how much power the ecoboost's can push.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

The 2.3L is said to make 305BHP. You'll no doubt have to drive the piss out of it to make the most of it, which sound kinda fun, kinda. As good of an idea that it is, and it really is a good idea, I just have a hard time accepting a Mustang with anything but a V8. *shrug*

... also, I've been looking at the image below for awhile now and it hurts. There are several different 'ideas' happening all at once here and they all seem to meet in a way that is best described as a train wreck. That interior is just awful to look at. Why didn't they just carry over the quite-wonderful and still very-fitting for the segment interior of the current model?!

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
whatthefuck are they for real with that fucking blood soaked maxi pad under the rear bumper...

Agreed it looks out of place. I'd paint it black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
eh, it's ugly... looks more like a dodge now

Wow my first thought too. It's virtually the same.

Rear straight on looks "good" retro. From side looks like the dodge. Front looks the same...ish as before. It's not gorgeous, though not bad at all, like it has always been really. The chassis improvements are good to see.

Sup

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
The 2.3L is said to make 305BHP. You'll no doubt have to drive the piss out of it to make the most of it, which sound kinda fun, kinda. As good of an idea that it is, and it really is a good idea, I just have a hard time accepting a Mustang with anything but a V8. *shrug*

... also, I've been looking at the image below for awhile now and it hurts. There are several different 'ideas' happening all at once here and they all seem to meet in a way that is best described as a train wreck. That interior is just awful to look at. Why didn't they just carry over the quite-wonderful and still very-fitting for the segment interior of the current model?!

I don't think it's that bad to look at. I like the idea of a turbo 4 cylinder, too, especially if it makes 300+ horsepower. That sounds like a hoot.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
so sleek
very stang
wow

Sorry Sup, but this just might be the best looking retro muscle out there now. (Challenger is still cool as fuck though)

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

ugh. why cant americans figure out how to do interiors yet?

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
ugh. why cant americans figure out how to do interiors yet?

They tried to go for some kind of retro P51 Mustang fighter plane look. I'm waitng until I see it in person before I slam it...but early reviews from car journalists who slammed the old interior seem mostly positive.

edit- I do like the fact that there isn't a single blue oval Ford badge inside or out, and the interior doesn't look like any of the other Ford products..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
so sleek
very stang
wow

Sorry Sup, but this just might be the best looking retro muscle out there now. (Challenger is still cool as fuck though)

yeah i know i made that pic my desktop background

Colonel Sanders

Pretty sure at this point, any big 3 car could come with hand crafted whale penis leather interiors and people would still say "OMG, why can't Americans figure out interiors???"

I really don't see what is so bad about that interior? Design looks good to me but it's largely a taste thing with the pony cars because they try to cram in a lot of style in addition to ergonomics, materials choice etc. Have you been in a new Mustang or Camaro lately? The materials are also really good and rival any of the other imports I've checked out. The upscale options like "Premiere Trim" on the Mustang give you leather wrapped dash, door panels, center console and radio stack surround and shit.. pretty nice.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

The interior has nothing to tether it to the exterior of the car aside from the horse; more than that, my complaint is the lack of consistency throughout the interior. There should be a design progression throughout the interior that makes transitions from section to section feel like you are looking at multiple pieces of the same whole. Spending any amount of time looking at that interior is like looking at paintings by Rembrant, Di Vinci, Picasso or Van Gough all at once. Individually they may be just fine but there is no consistency or common elements to bring them together in harmony.

Beyond that issue that I feel is universal, there is the more objective issue of styling choices. The high-mount air vents, bulbous faux metal dash pad against an overly flat console face down to another bulbous, large panel that consumes the entire transmission tunnel. Proportions and placement feels off from stem to stern and make for a mess despite great individual items like the gauges and steering wheel.

The 2010+ interior was all-around fantastic for the segment, had a cohesive styling model and blended wonderfully with the exterior of the car, even sharing some critical lines. Every element from the doors, the dash, console and seating looked to be from the same family and carefully placed lines and material changes helped break up large areas without going over-the-top. It was all very suitable and modern while paying appropriate homage to the 60's origins.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post

Okay looks nice there.

Reminds me of a BMW.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
Pretty sure at this point, any big 3 car could come with hand crafted whale penis leather interiors and people would still say "OMG, why can't Americans figure out interiors???"

I really don't see what is so bad about that interior? Design looks good to me but it's largely a taste thing with the pony cars because they try to cram in a lot of style in addition to ergonomics, materials choice etc. Have you been in a new Mustang or Camaro lately? The materials are also really good and rival any of the other imports I've checked out. The upscale options like "Premiere Trim" on the Mustang give you leather wrapped dash, door panels, center console and radio stack surround and shit.. pretty nice.

It's just the usual hard plastic. Granted all I'm doing is looking at the picture and not sitting in it, but there's nothing covering the center console, the accent pieces are silver plastic which is tacky, and some seams look uneven. I get that it's a retro inspired vehicle, but fake chrome is even lamer than real chrome... The seats look cool, my favorite part.

I'll reserve judgement for now. For the price it looks adequate.