General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ACT
 
How to set up an exchange server or calendar w/o exchange?

I will be graduating soon and won't have access to my school's exchange server anymore but I want to still be able to keep my schedule up-to-date on my iphone... is there anyway I can still do that, what kind of calendars are available that will work with the iphone?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:38 PM ACT is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

U Caught The Gay
 
U Caught The Gay's Avatar
 
Pocket Informant
Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 PM U Caught The Gay is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

MeXPuNk3r
 
Google Calendar syncs with the iphone
Old 04-17-2011, 09:39 PM MeXPuNk3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

ERL857
 
get android and sync up with google

or blackberry for that matter
Old 04-18-2011, 03:39 PM ERL857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERL857 View Post
get android and sync up with google

or blackberry for that matter

He asked if their were options for his Iphone not to fucking change his phone.

You're like the douche in my office that the boss wont let into the field for this exact reason. Clients ask for solutions to simple problems and he tries to redo everything in their organization.

Client: We are buying Iphones for our sales reps can we get our email on them from exchange?
Retard: You have Exchange 2007 so it wont work, you need 2010 and a new server to run that.
Client:

Doesn't even research the issue, just spews shit from his mouth
Old 04-19-2011, 02:49 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

KpaBap
 
KpaBap's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeXPuNk3r View Post
Google Calendar syncs with the iphone

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&topic=14252

</thread>
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]azda Club - 99 MX-5 / 05 RX-8
Българска [M]афия
Old 04-19-2011, 03:16 PM KpaBap is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Grazehell
 
Grazehell's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
He asked if their were options for his Iphone not to fucking change his phone.

You're like the douche in my office that the boss wont let into the field for this exact reason. Clients ask for solutions to simple problems and he tries to redo everything in their organization.

Client: We are buying Iphones for our sales reps can we get our email on them from exchange?
Retard: You have Exchange 2007 so it wont work, you need 2010 and a new server to run that.
Client:

Doesn't even research the issue, just spews shit from his mouth


I think it was his way of saying "fuck the iphone, get an Android device instead"
Old 04-19-2011, 03:29 PM Grazehell is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

ERL857
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazehell View Post
I think it was his way of saying "fuck the iphone, get an Android device instead"

Essentially , mainly because native > add-ons. I'm a purist, I don't like to have add-ons running in the background. Droid or Blackberry can cleanly sync google with out any apps.

All devices have their places in the world, and no I'm not the douche that would recommend that to a client. If one wants to stick with his/her iPhone and have an additional app to run and drain battery, then that's his/her decision.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 PM ERL857 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

flshdncr
brkdncr
I want to hang out with all the boys ;)
 
 
I'm guessnig that you enjoy the over-the-air sync?

What you need is a hosted mailbox service with ActiveSync access. You'll then have OTA access to your email, Calendar, Contacts, etc.

Alternatively, using outlook you can export your calendar and then import it into your google or hotmail calendar and set up sync to that instead of the Exchange account.
__________________
http://blog.wackoworld.us
Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 AM flshdncr is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

BoxyBrown
 
BoxyBrown's Avatar
 
You can sync your calendar online with Office online or whatever it is called.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM BoxyBrown is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD
 
DarkHelmet's Avatar
 
i use zimbra hosted with 01.com
Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 PM DarkHelmet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.