General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

fieroloki

Anyone here good at building flash (or similar) websites?

I really need to look into redoing my photog site but I know just enough code to be bad.

I am tempted to buy this template and learn enough to just edit things. But figured I might see here first. Very simple site is all I need. About | Portfolio | Comments | Contact | Services

Main thing is I will need the portfolio thats easy to update (add folders/pics). Beyond that will just be simple text updates.

So, anyone? Or just go pre-built and edit?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MooK

I'm not much for flash, so I couldn't help you there. Are you decent at HTML? You could convert a static HTML site into something spectacular with a little jQuery. Are you looking for content management?

EDIT: The template you've chosen, in addition to some modifications to make it your own, would be a much more affordable alternative to hiring a designer/developer. That is, if you're satisfied with a template.

Serv0h
Stilts and a straw, you'll be in heaven.

Flash makes me a sad panda.
__//
__||
▀▀

fieroloki

I'm really not good at all. I can mess around with code thats already built, but not good at making my own.

And doesn't have to be flash, but something that can work kinda like that template. HTML5? Joomla? With the "flash" and style. Simple, modern but not overdone

WardrivingIsFun
4000 fucking minutes? What are you, a fucking 13 year old girl? Pay your own damned bill and learn n

Wordpress. Yeah, it's a blogging tool, but it can easily be changed for your needs.

I'm working on a Wordpress Photo site for my g/f and all you need to do is get the right template, modify it, and add some widgets that can be used for displaying some photos.

Check out the wordpress.org site and look at the widgets. Tons of gallery widgets as well as some that pull photos from places like Flickr and display them in many different fashions.

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardrivingIsFun View Post
Wordpress. Yeah, it's a blogging tool, but it can easily be changed for your needs.

I'm working on a Wordpress Photo site for my g/f and all you need to do is get the right template, modify it, and add some widgets that can be used for displaying some photos.

Check out the wordpress.org site and look at the widgets. Tons of gallery widgets as well as some that pull photos from places like Flickr and display them in many different fashions.

This.

http://www.picturemore.net runs on wordpress, does the job.
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/

Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
This.

http://www.picturemore.net runs on wordpress, does the job.

I like your pictars

fieroloki

Ill look into it. Thanks.