General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Silent_Fart

1995 240sx not starting

Ok so while I was in Dallas for Quakecon my mom drove my S14. While she was heading home from work driving up an incline on the highway the car lost power and stalled out. I get home have started messing with it. When I go to turn it on it will crank and I can hear it build a little but it won't kick over and actually start. I have spark, I am hearing the fuel pump prime (but I am going to check that later today) and I am fairly certain I have compression (though I will check that as well). I swapped my main relays and checked the plugs and gaping, all looked good so what should I look at now? Car is 1995 nissan 240sx auto (I know lol my 5 speed is being worked on ATM)

Last edited by Silent_Fart; 08-18-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

The auto 240's aren't too bad, manual preferred of course but nothing wrong with them for a daily driver.

I know you said the fuel pump is engaging, but are you actually building pressure at the fuel rail? How old is your fuel filter?

Silent_Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
The auto 240's aren't too bad, manual preferred of course but nothing wrong with them for a daily driver.

I know you said the fuel pump is engaging, but are you actually building pressure at the fuel rail? How old is your fuel filter?

Oh the auto is terrible compared to the 5 speed I just got this S14 about 2 months ago, I'm going to go get a fuel pressure gauge and a new filter and see whats going on.