General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Cheech

Where to eat in Columbus, Ohio

I am definitely a fan of this forum

Anyway, if you somehow find yourself in central Ohio (perhaps for a certain golf tourney), here are some good known and not so known places.

Steak: Mitchell's Steakhouse / J. Gilberts - Worthington (ask for Crosswoods)
Cameron Mitchell owns a few restaurant chains in Columbus, I know M, Martini's (so-so Italian place) and Mitchell's steakhouse are under his control. All upscale, all expensive. Now that we have the backstory out of the way, J.Gilbert's and Mitchell's Steakhouse are within a half mile of each other. Both have EXCELLENT steaks.

Expect to drop about 200 for 2 people.

Sushi: Kooma - North Market
This place is excruciatingly hard to find. Once you walk in, it's some of the best sushi I have had, and very reasonably priced. I recommend the unagi, it is prepared really well.

Expect to drop about 30 for 2 people.

Italian: Da Vinci's - Henderson and Reed
I was originally expecting average Italian, given that this place does banquets and other such things, but I was thoroughly impressed by the service and food.

Expect to drop about 30 for 2 people.

Mexican: La Bamba's - OSU Campus, I think on 13th
Open 24 hours, EXCELLENT pre- or post-bar food. The draw is that they have burritos as big as your head.

Expect to drop about 10 for 2 people.

Seafood: Columbus Fish Market - Worthington (Crosswoods)
This is secondhand, since I just haven't gotten around to going here, but I hear the seafood is quite good from a few reputable sources.

Expect to drop about 60 for 2 people (estimated).

American: Ted Montana's Grill - Sawmill Rd.
One word: Bison, bitches. Bison burgers any way you want it. Not only is it healthier for you than beef (or even chicken) but it tastes a lot richer.

Expect to drop about 20 for 2 people.

Pizza: Flying Pizza / Adriatico's - OSU Campus
This all depends on your mood. If you want actual, authentic NYC style pizza (and I have been to NYC more times than I can count) Flying Pizza is it. My only recommendation is to get the medium and ask them to stretch it out to a large, I think they make their crusts too thick. With that little change, their stuff is DEAD ON. Place is on High St. and another on Bethel next to BW3's, no delivery and cash only.
However, if you are feeling a little hungrier, you can opt for Adriatico's. Monday and Tuesday they have pizza specials, and I absolutely kid you not when I say that a medium will feed me for 2, sometimes 3 days. This is deep dish to the max, and very, very tasty sauce. They do deliver, and will take cards or cash.

Expect to drop about 15 bucks for a large. Yeah, trust me, it's worth it. If you have a small army to feed, get the Buckeye from Adriatico's, it's just MASSIVE.

If you want some real authentic Italian cooking, give me a call and I will whip something up for you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

crimeSTAR

You forgot Buca di Beppo. Flying Pizza is average at best, but Adriatico's is the best pizza I've ever had.

Last edited by crimeSTAR; 08-14-2005 at 07:25 PM..

Red_Rabbit

Hands down the best place to eat in Columbus is

M Restaurant & Bar
This place is very high end and very expensive but worth every penny.

http://www.cameronmitchell.com/resta...dex.cfm?rid=11

I've been there a few time and just love.

I would start with the Mini Kobe Burgers, they have a great taste and with the fries a very different starter. Enough for 2-3 people and great for 1.

Every one of the salads is great but I just love the Heirloom Tomato salad.

For dinner there is nothing better then the Steak in a bowl, but there is something for everybody from fish to pasta a large selection of prime meats sushi, lobster and oysters.

My favorite dessert is the rootbeer float but the beignets and semifreedo are amazing and for you cheese lovers the cheese plate is great with a different selection every day.

The wine list is huge but if i recall the cheapest bottle is about $35.

For 2 people it is going to cost from $200-250 but worth every penny.

Cheech

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeSTAR
You forgot Buca di Beppo. Flying Pizza is average at best, but Adriatico's is the best pizza I've ever had.

IMHO, Buca is average Italian food. If you look hard enough, there are better Italian places in Columbus. I will say that Buca has a lot better atmosphere than a lot of other places, and I especially like the "Copacabana" like tour that they give you (just tell the hostess that you have never been there before)

Flying Pizza? Average? Blasphemy!

If you feel like bringing out the howitzers, then M is the place for you

geiger

Mexican
-Mi Mexico in Whitehall, prolly $15 a pop for dinner. Nice mexican setting.

American
-Thurman's on Parsons and Thurman, very cheap for great food, around $10 a meal.
-The Blue Danube, on the OSU campus. Amazing hangover food, Chipotle size breakfast burrito that is killer.

German
-Jergen's or Schmidt's in German Village, great food.

Irish
-Brazenhead or O'Shaugnessey's, 15-25 a meal at both.

Edit...I'd reccomend Morton's Steakhouse over Cameron Mitchel's any day.

StarDeath13

i thought id add a few things for people to try also.

stony river http://www.stoneyriver.com/
its in dublin and has excellent food and service and atmosphere.
i like the lobster bisque and the prime rib is excellent.has a rather large wine list also.
price is less than cris ruths or mortons. with tip i was out the door for $105 for 2 people.
but a good dinner can be had for less if you dont order some of thier more expensive items.

also ann&tony's in west jefferson wich is about 15 miles west down rt40/broad street.
great and classy itailian family owned place.
full itailian menu with steaks also.
sauces and pasta all homemade and on the cheap end.
$30-$70 is my average bill depending on how many drinks and what i order for 2 people.
but most entrees are around $10-$12 and steaks being around $15-$20

Coqui

Da Vinci's has officially closed their doors.

In it's place I recommend Moretti's in Tremont plaze. Great food, great desserts, great wine. About $30 for two people.

Mediocrates

Union Station Video Cafe, in the Short North. Sure, it's a bit of a.. gay bar... but the food is really good, and it's pretty much the cheapest thing on that strip.

www.usvc.com

LifeIsEat&Die

the first Wendy's!

shouldn't browse EL when stoned, I thought this was general..

Yukke

Steaks
Ruth's Chris Steak House
I've been to all the high end steak restaurants in Columbus... this is by far the best. Ruth's Chris is the only restaurant in Columbus that serves Kobe Beef Steaks ($60 but well worth the money if you truly love steak). Other places sell Kobe Beef in a burger but you should never waste a piece of Kobe Beef on a burger.

Vietnamese
Mi Mi Café - 5858 Columbus Square
Best Vietnamese sandwiches in Columbus. Period. For those who have never had vietnamese sandwiches... it is french bread generously smeared with mayo and a true, liver-y tasting liver Vietnamese pate. Piled on top were pork slice, cilantro, pickled cucumbers, carrots and jalapeno. The sandwich was a perfect blend of rich, sour, savory and spicy - generous amounts of black pepper made the pate intriguingly hot without going overboard. These things are huge and are very inexpensive. Their pho is not bad either but go there for the sandwiches.

Phuong Hoang - 1270 Morse Rd
Best pho in Columbus... portions are large and the prices are low ($6-7 per bowl). This place left an impression on me because of their service... fast and friendly. The first time I went there, the owner came out of the restaurant and waved goodbye to me as I left.

Lac Viet Market - 59 Spruce St
This places has great pho as well and their prices are even cheaper than Phuong Hoang (around $5 per bowl).

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

If ya want good, cheap appetizers, hit up McCormick & Schmidt's in Easton on Tuesday afternoons. They have half-price appz on the bar-side from 4-6 (maybe 7?) pm

As for Pizza, Adriatico's is the bomb-diggity
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

sl0ths
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES

Vhicjtb?

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0ths View Post
Vhicjtb?

"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Why are you bumping these roy?

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

The fish tacos at capnjerk's sister's house are to die for.