General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Renork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
because if there is a god he's totally going to be cool with "i only believe in your just in case"

Shhh, his logic is undeniable.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
this is retarded

drawing an analogy between a supernatural concept of an afterlife or "pre-life" to walking around your house is the realm of the mental midget. you're either not smart enough to come up with a better explanation or you're just like the fucking idiot preachers and evangelicals whose only method of explaining their sky monster is through goddamn childish fairy tales

pimpslap ++

loner

Re: Knowing what happens at death?

Sigh...
The Pascal's wager comment was tongue in cheek. And for those of you who got your critiques of Pascal's wager straight off the wiki, Congrats. Everyone already knows about the multiple gods issue and the omniscient God issue. Hell, even Pascal addressed that one.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

yeah okay

maybe you want to keep that tongue out of peoples hind cheeks

Abazaba

Sure I don't know what happens when I die. Neither does any religion ever created. Who the fuck cares. I'm here now, thats all that matters.

eem
pwned

Quote:
this is retarded

drawing an analogy between a supernatural concept of an afterlife or "pre-life" to walking around your house is the realm of the mental midget. you're either not smart enough to come up with a better explanation or you're just like the fucking idiot preachers and evangelicals whose only method of explaining their sky monster is through goddamn childish fairy tales

There was no assertion of sky monsters in my post.

Gibonius

ry_goody acid thread! WEEEEEEEEEEE

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eem View Post
There was no assertion of sky monsters in my post.

no but it's the same style of elucidation; using half assed analogies that don't actually translate your point in any meaningful way is a tactic often used by those extolling their religious ideals or, worse yet, their "spiritual but not religious" complete and utter

see, contemplating the afterlife is like driving down the highway in a porsche and then realizing you have to stop at the store to buy cranberry juice

eem
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
You're assuming what comes after death is the same as before life. You don't know that, and you can't remember it(unless the shrooms are really good that day). But you are right in that you can't have an accurate viewpoint about life until you come to an understanding of why you're personally living and where you're assuming you'll go.

I assume nothing, and I believe nothing. I talk of only memories of actual experience.

If you can remember where you came from, and you continue to go farther back, you will also remember thats also where you ended up when you died last, then further back, its the same place where you came from when you were birthed previously, then further, where you died previously and further and further et cetera. I have been returning to the same place for billions of years. All of you have. You can remember this if you keep your mind blank long enough for it to come back to you.

This is where the dichotomy comes from in all assertions of spiritual and philosophical assertion. Some people postulate, assume, philosophize, discuss and ponder these topics with no real clue. Some people just... remember.

Please hold your reservations and attempt to allow it to come back to you. Remembering your past is an important part of our current evolutionary step. Everything that has happened from the big bang up to the formation of your current body and form is still contained in your body, your cellular genetic memory, your DNA or other. There are many metaphors produced that refer to this over the years.

eem
pwned

Quote:
no but it's the same style of elucidation; using half assed analogies that don't actually translate your point in any meaningful way is a tactic often used by those extolling their religious ideals or, worse yet, their "spiritual but not religious" complete and utter

see, contemplating the afterlife is like driving down the highway in a porsche and then realizing you have to stop at the store to buy cranberry juice

I am not asserting 'contemplation', only remembering. There is no thinking here, there is no 'creating thoughts' or 'creating ideas' or 'inventing philosophies', this is not a 'creation of something new'. This is rather a remembering of the old, past and done. I am referring to only the removal of thoughts, beliefs, suppositions, or other in order to allow what rests deeper in your mind, unconscious, and DNA, to resurface to your conscious awareness. If you think I am referring to any one 'thing', this is not true, I am referring to the removal of all 'things', I am referring to only what innately exists in your DNA and genetics, and the ability of your conscious mind to become reconnected to your flesh, if you can clear your mind enough to clearly perceive your body, DNA and flesh without your beliefs, suppositions, theories, thoughts or other distorting, direct perception.

UTRocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eem View Post
I assume nothing, and I believe nothing. I talk of only memories of actual experience.

If you can remember where you came from, and you continue to go farther back, you will also remember thats also where you ended up when you died last, then further back, its the same place where you came from when you were birthed previously, then further, where you died previously and further and further et cetera. I have been returning to the same place for billions of years. All of you have. You can remember this if you keep your mind blank long enough for it to come back to you.

This is where the dichotomy comes from in all assertions of spiritual and philosophical assertion. Some people postulate, assume, philosophize, discuss and ponder these topics with no real clue. Some people just... remember.

Please hold your reservations and attempt to allow it to come back to you. Remembering your past is an important part of our current evolutionary step. Everything that has happened from the big bang up to the formation of your current body and form is still contained in your body, your cellular genetic memory, your DNA or other. There are many metaphors produced that refer to this over the years.

If you can remember back to the big bang, would kindly let some physicists know? They got some problems with Inflation, Baryogenesis, etc. they'd love to ask you about.

Unless of course, you are just taking drugs and then letting your mind wander...

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
If you can remember back to the big bang, would kindly let some physicists know? They got some problems with Inflation, Baryogenesis, etc. they'd love to ask you about.

Unless of course, you are just taking drugs and then letting your mind wander...

What else would you expect from ry_goody? He saw something, therefore it must be truth.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
Pretty sure an omnipotent god would know the difference between believing and pretending to believe.

I think what Zang meant was in reference to christianity, that the uhhh... "general consensus" on pascals wager regarding christianity is that faith saves, wagers do not. But with Islam, he's not that certain....? As in, is faith such a demanding requirement in Islam.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

I know what happens at death. You die. End of story.

If you want to remember what it is like to be dead try to remember what it was like before you were born. It should be pretty much just like that.

Quote:
How do you remember something which you have so deeply forgotten?
You didn't forget anything, you didn't exist yet.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Also, your genes, while impressive in number and complexity, are not sufficiently complex to contain all the information in the universe going back to the big bang.

Even if they were, your genes didn't come into being until well after the big bang so they would have no memory of it in the first place.

unless the hydrogen atoms in your body are telling you stories about the old days, you're just really high and/or using your imagination.