General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lonedawg
Stiler

I know, still prefer the non-casual mode for it though because of the gold differences and how you don't loes gold if you die, it's a lot mor ecahnges then just denying.

It's funny I learned these type sof games from HoN, I played it way before LoL in the beta.

Then I started on LoL and lost a bit of interest in HoN, but I'v ebeen itching to get back in HoN.

However I tried recently, and the major changes since I've played (mainly the store, layouts, etc) an dall the mods are making it a pain.

If I could just take the LoL style UI (map on right, not left) and the old HoN store it'd be a hell of a lot easier for me.

Trying to find a good UI modi s apain because of all the different mod mangers, half th emods are 2+ years old and either don't work or have to jump through hoops for it.

I was so lost when It red to play a normal game last night, store seems soooooo overly-complicated to me now, then what it used tobe. Just a simple button for the type sof items you wanted and a list an dnow it's built-in item builds, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post

I'm on the other side of the fence, denying is a great way to further control the your lane. You should be watching to last hit enemy creeps anyway, it's just as easy to keep track of your own at the same time.

To sum it up: Try them both and see which one you like better.

Denying though keeps the focus off harrassing, both sides are a lot more concerned about kiling their own minions then about harrassing each other or zoning others out of the xp zone.

In LoL depending on the lane makeups this has a drastic effect, however in HoN lan emakeups aren't nearly as important because people focus on creeps over the other enemy champions instead and denying/last hitting.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Chilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
However I tried recently, and the major changes since I've played (mainly the store, layouts, etc) an dall the mods are making it a pain.

If I could just take the LoL style UI (map on right, not left) and the old HoN store it'd be a hell of a lot easier for me.

Trying to find a good UI modi s apain because of all the different mod mangers, half th emods are 2+ years old and either don't work or have to jump through hoops for it.

I was so lost when It red to play a normal game last night, store seems soooooo overly-complicated to me now, then what it used tobe. Just a simple button for the type sof items you wanted and a list an dnow it's built-in item builds, etc.

The more you use the new store the more it grows on you. I hated it at first, but it does a lot of stuff better than the old store.

As far as UI mods go, I like BardUI, though with MiniUI you can move all your stuff around.

And there's only one mod manager: Hon Mod Manager

Quote:
In LoL depending on the lane makeups this has a drastic effect, however in HoN lan emakeups aren't nearly as important because people focus on creeps over the other enemy champions instead and denying/last hitting.

Lane partners are huge in HoN. Part of the reason to harass heroes is so you can farm enemy creeps and deny yours, not only shorting the enemy gold and xp, but keeping your lane short and close to the safety of your towers. I understand it's an extra thing to do, but it in no way should interfere with your harassment of enemy heroes.

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

Quote:
I know, still prefer the non-casual mode for it though because of the gold differences and how you don't loes gold if you die, it's a lot mor ecahnges then just denying.

It's funny I learned these type sof games from HoN, I played it way before LoL in the beta.

Then I started on LoL and lost a bit of interest in HoN, but I'v ebeen itching to get back in HoN.

Denying though keeps the focus off harrassing, both sides are a lot more concerned about kiling their own minions then about harrassing each other or zoning others out of the xp zone.

I lane till lvl 6, after that I am all over the map ganking.

LovesToSpooge

I prefer LoL simply because the games are faster.

HoN is definitely better for people who played the original DotA, but for people are knew to MOBAS, league of legends will provide a slightly friendlier learning curve.

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

I played like 1/2 a game of dota.... Guess I'll stick with LoL since I enjoyed the 3 or 4 games I played last night. I'm not that good of course, but I understand the basics, but I'm no "solomid.net" gamer apparently.
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf

AmishSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
The more you use the new store the more it grows on you. I hated it at first, but it does a lot of stuff better than the old store.

As far as UI mods go, I like BardUI, though with MiniUI you can move all your stuff around.

And there's only one mod manager: Hon Mod Manager

I hated the new store and I reverted back to the old one as soon as I found out I could do so with a quick cfg edit.

Quote:
Lane partners are huge in HoN. Part of the reason to harass heroes is so you can farm enemy creeps and deny yours, not only shorting the enemy gold and xp, but keeping your lane short and close to the safety of your towers. I understand it's an extra thing to do, but it in no way should interfere with your harassment of enemy heroes.
Definitely. Lane control is hugely important in HoN and is obtained by a combination of harassment and last-hitting. It can really depend on your lane matchups too.

I played Dota a lot a few years ago and I moved to HoN when it came out. I didn't like the feel and lack of good competition in LoL, but I hear it's getting better.