General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lonedawg
Stiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephekt View Post
Yeah, I don't see this working in pvp. Which is what GW was all about. But apparently they're trying to be WoW lite or something this time around anyway.

Why? You do not need tanks and healers for pvp. Plenty of games out there outside of the mmorpg market do PVP multiplayer just fine without tank/healer, etc.

I don't see how that makes them WoW lite? WoW has all the staples of the Trinity setup from healers/tanks/dps, etc.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ephekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Why? You do not need tanks and healers for pvp. Plenty of games out there outside of the mmorpg market do PVP multiplayer just fine without tank/healer, etc.
I was mostly replying to your claim that combat was all about killing, which simply isn't true in a strategical scenario. This doesn't hold true in FPS, RTS, fighting games, GW1, chess or even most MMOs.

This game is not really "outside the MMO market" either, so I fail to see your point. Of course pvp in the context of this game requires healers; in any sort of coherent, team-based pvp self-heals are never going to be enough to reliably negate pressure across an entire team. Did you pvp (tombs/gvg?) in GW1? The basic team format was setup as front line (melee damage, typically high armor, although not tanks per se), midline (interrupts/utility/support damage) and backline (healing/protection). Yeah, you can probably build a pvp game without this type of utility, but it's either going to be some kind of world pvp nonsense (hence the WoW comment), or not strategical at all.

My only use for GW was gvg, and tombs to a much lesser extent, so I just hope they bring something like that into the new game.

gear2050

Some iPhone 3D flying action games are very nice such as "Tiger of the Pacific"

Nick_
pwned

I would love it if the PvE was more enjoyable - I'm not always in the mood for hardcore challenge and I hate grinding.

Yeah, I'm weird