General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

teh scud

Is there a safe or something in my office/apt..? Want a place I can stash weapons etc. Do I just leave them on my floor? Will they be there when I come back?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

I'll probably have to get this when I get home.

I'm still playing through Alice though, and have Witcher 2 I have yet to play though.

Hurray for 4 1/2 paid vacation!

Scatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
Is there a safe or something in my office/apt..? Want a place I can stash weapons etc. Do I just leave them on my floor? Will they be there when I come back?
There's a secret stash in your apartment that you learn about when you first get there. Technically, anything dropped anywhere - weapons, items, bodies - will be in the same place for the rest of the game. That's how it's been with the past Deus Ex games.

"I'm gonna be rich and famous one day when I invent
a device that can be used to stab someone in the
face over the Internet."

Scatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
woah dude! that's the only hack aug i have (apart from the capture lvls) you need to get those asap makes things muchhhh easier
Fortify, fortify, fortify.

More fortified nodes gives loads more time if/when the timer starts.

"I'm gonna be rich and famous one day when I invent
a device that can be used to stab someone in the
face over the Internet."

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatman View Post
There's a secret stash in your apartment that you learn about when you first get there. Technically, anything dropped anywhere - weapons, items, bodies - will be in the same place for the rest of the game. That's how it's been with the past Deus Ex games.

Yeah I saw that, but is there any way to actually drop things in there? I only seem to drop things at my feet...

Forever Domon

Quote:
i remember organizing shit on the tables morrowind style in my Deus Ex 1 place.

Somehow i ended up with two dragons edge nanoswords, so i mounted one of them by like 4 hours of throwing it at the wall until it stuck

Forever Domon

awesome, just broke into some dudes apartment, and turns out he's a drug dealer, so i stole all his shit and broke into his safe and found like 3k creds

Had to use an auto-unlocker though, his bedroom door was a level 5 and filled with fuckin' mines. I wish I could have harvested the mines, but no such luck, so i just tossed a plant i got from the hallway in there and set em off (that you can do shit like that is why this game is good)

Vandal

I just picked it up, and for some reason I am having a ridiculously hard time on the first "level", where you're trying to find the typhoon and the hostages

I seriously think I am missing something simple, these guys are really pissing me off, and I can't figure out wtf to do.

Last edited by Vandal; 08-28-2011 at 02:45 PM..

Sup

Quote:
Fortify, fortify, fortify.

More fortified nodes gives loads more time if/when the timer starts.

i have yet to use fortify in the 13 hrs i've played so far

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
I just picked it up, and for some reason I am having a ridiculously hard time on the first "level", where you're trying to find the typhoon and the hostages

I seriously think I am missing something simple, these guys are really pissing me off, and I can't figure out wtf to do.
as in its too hard? or you cant find your way, or what?

Vandal

It's pretty hard, I'm trying sneaking, but they always see me. I tried shooting them all, but ran out of tranqs. I'm in the assembly lines, and I ended up getting past one of them by alerting them, killing 2, and waiting for the rest to forget about me.

I'm not sure exactly what else I can do.

Sup

Quote:
It's pretty hard, I'm trying sneaking, but they always see me. I tried shooting them all, but ran out of tranqs. I'm in the assembly lines, and I ended up getting past one of them by alerting them, killing 2, and waiting for the rest to forget about me.

sneaking is really easy just wait till they aren't looking at u

Forever Domon

Quote:

i feel like you're missing something too. You are using the build in cover, right? (right click). You definitely cant run in guns blazing, at least not until you get an smg or something

Vandal

It's not that sneaking is hard, it's that these guys are always seeing me from basically across the room. I'm not even sure where I'm headed, but I head into a room and I try to wait it out, but there's no clear path to the other side without killing a bunch of guys.

Sup

Quote:
It's not that sneaking is hard, it's that these guys are always seeing me from basically across the room. I'm not even sure where I'm headed, but I head into a room and I try to wait it out, but there's no clear path to the other side without killing a bunch of guys.

bro this just isn't true, you gotta have patience, watch their patterns, as they ALL have patterns, then just hop from cover to cover