General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

onemangang

Everquest 2 is free to play right now. You get the first six expansions free also. Max level is 90 and there are no restrictions like in other games:
You can chat with everyone, no level limit, all dungeons available, store functionality

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vandal

I realize this isn't on anyone's list but what about LoL? I've heard lots about it, it's F2P and I've heard it's a decent FPS. Learning curve seems alright, what with matchmaking and co-op vs AI.

I looked at LOTRO, and I didn't like it at all. The graphics definitely didn't scale well, and since our computers aren't really gaming rigs I had to turn it all the way down and suffer.

IT lasted all of 10 minutes, until I got out of the tutorial.

Shadez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
perfectworld

gets expensive, chinese wow clone with better graphics

I had a "max level" character in this game a year ago.
The makers started out so well, were not money hungry, etc.

As things got more desperate.....it went straight down the toilet.
Now some dick with $20k can literally tank 5-6 max level people if they want.

No thanks anymore!

Phil Taylor
I'll be back

sounds liek shit.

oh hurr hur i'm 459lbs in what people call "real life" but that doesn't matter because i get mad bitches in my club on perfect world.

nigga, you just made me click "go advanced"...

Ruffy
Keeper of The Toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
I had a "max level" character in this game a year ago.
The makers started out so well, were not money hungry, etc.

As things got more desperate.....it went straight down the toilet.
Now some dick with $20k can literally tank 5-6 max level people if they want.

No thanks anymore!

yeah im just a lowly lvl 100 5.0aps sparked blademaster. Got tired of it and didnt want to pour money into the game.

Vandal

For those interested, I actually grabbed two starter editions of WoW, free to level 20 for any class/character pre-Cataclysm. It was a pretty good idea, she likes it a lot, how polished it is and etc. I like it because I used to play in WotLK and now there's a whole bunch of new content/redone cities for me to see. It's like a whole new game really.

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
For those interested, I actually grabbed two starter editions of WoW, free to level 20 for any class/character pre-Cataclysm. It was a pretty good idea, she likes it a lot, how polished it is and etc. I like it because I used to play in WotLK and now there's a whole bunch of new content/redone cities for me to see. It's like a whole new game really.

There are some pretty major limitations of the free version of World of Warcraft, FYI.

For one, you apparently can't create a group as a free player, so two free accounts can't get together and play. I had to actually resubscribe in order to play with my girlfriend when we did the same thing. She had a hard time mastering the controls, though, never having played PC games before.

Shinespark
Logie made AnTiAmI laugh and all I got was this gay title

At some point later this year City of Heroes/Villains is going to the Free to Play model. Not a bad game, I beta tested both if you are into superheroes/villains then it might be for you. My wife isn't all that big on games but she loves the City of games.

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinespark View Post
At some point later this year City of Heroes/Villains is going to the Free to Play model. Not a bad game, I beta tested both if you are into superheroes/villains then it might be for you. My wife isn't all that big on games but she loves the City of games.

Niiiiice
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/

Vandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
There are some pretty major limitations of the free version of World of Warcraft, FYI.

For one, you apparently can't create a group as a free player, so two free accounts can't get together and play. I had to actually resubscribe in order to play with my girlfriend when we did the same thing. She had a hard time mastering the controls, though, never having played PC games before.

That is quite literally exactly what we had to do, and how she is at this game:P

MLloyd
pwned

Free WoW... how long can you last playing that game before you feel like you have to purchase the full game?

Shadez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
yeah im just a lowly lvl 100 5.0aps sparked blademaster. Got tired of it and didnt want to pour money into the game.

yep. I got out pretty early tbh before alot of the orange shit was around.
ya know, back when the pet i worked for for AGES could actually kill someone.

i am not bitter though.

and some people spent so much and got so burnt out that they literally gave me accounts that were my level.

still boring

zumpiez5
Lasko
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

Why is it that every FTP game feels like a rip off even if you do end up paying?

Almost like the pay to play games are 10x worth it. Only FTP game that is worth it is TF2, but I actually bought it

teh_rapist

CS 1.6.