General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
red|dragon
 
"Can I see your receipt?"

A. Thinking:

This guy at the door wants to see my receipt. My receipt is in my bag, hand or pocket. I think I'll spend 2 seconds and get the receipt and show it to him since he asked. He's just doing his job.

B. Thinking:

Who the fuck does this guy think he is bossing me around? I don't have to do jack shit for this mother fucker. I am an American and I have rights. I have the right to walk out of this store and not show you my receipt. You can go fuck yourself buddy. I don't have to do anything you say. I do what I want. Nobody can take my rights away from me. I already spent 2 seconds putting my receipt away and now this mother fucker wants me to spend another 2 seconds to get my receipt back out again? How dare he. I don't have time for this shit, get out of my way you minimum wage paid asshole.

It's really interesting how these 2 different thought processes take place.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM red|dragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#226  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

deltabourne
Mike27 is my bestest friend in the whole wide world.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
"Can I see your receipt?"

A. Thinking:

This guy at the door wants to see my receipt. My receipt is in my bag, hand or pocket. I think I'll spend 2 seconds and get the receipt and show it to him since he asked. He's just doing his job.

B. Thinking:

Who the fuck does this guy think he is bossing me around? I don't have to do jack shit for this mother fucker. I am an American and I have rights. I have the right to walk out of this store and not show you my receipt. You can go fuck yourself buddy. I don't have to do anything you say. I do what I want. Nobody can take my rights away from me. I already spent 2 seconds putting my receipt away and now this mother fucker wants me to spend another 2 seconds to get my receipt back out again? How dare he. I don't have time for this shit, get out of my way you minimum wage paid asshole.

It's really interesting how these 2 different thought processes take place.

I'm not sure what time limits or "doing a job" have to do with anything. What if his job was to jam a stick up your ass really quickly - just a few seconds. Is that OK? I hate arguments of convenience because they're very arbitrarily defined. What's 2 seconds? What if there's a long line? Is it OK to skip the check then? What if a worker whose job doesn't include asking for the receipt tells you they want to see it? What if they tell you to wait because they want to verify your purchase with the cashier? The list goes on and on. You can deal with that , I'll just walk by and waste none of my time or energy engaging in voluntary anti-shrinkage measures for the company.
__________________
"Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Douglas Adams

Bang bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down upon her head
Bang bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer made sure that she was dead
Old 03-05-2008, 08:53 PM deltabourne is offline  
Reply With Quote
#227  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
"Can I see your receipt?"

A. Thinking:

This guy at the door wants to see my receipt. My receipt is in my bag, hand or pocket. I think I'll spend 2 seconds and get the receipt and show it to him since he asked. He's just doing his job.

B. Thinking:

Who the fuck does this guy think he is bossing me around? I don't have to do jack shit for this mother fucker. I am an American and I have rights. I have the right to walk out of this store and not show you my receipt. You can go fuck yourself buddy. I don't have to do anything you say. I do what I want. Nobody can take my rights away from me. I already spent 2 seconds putting my receipt away and now this mother fucker wants me to spend another 2 seconds to get my receipt back out again? How dare he. I don't have time for this shit, get out of my way you minimum wage paid asshole.

It's really interesting how these 2 different thought processes take place.

Yes, because every situation falls into those two categories.

How about I throw a few more at you?

C. Thinking:

I just paid for my merchandise, and there's a line 20 people long at the exit doors, because the security guard at the door is checking receipts. Why should I have to wait? I don't have to.

D. Thinking:

I bought something earlier in my visit to the store, and have already put the receipt away while I shopped for more things. Why should I have to prove that the item is mine?

E. Thinking:

The guard at the door was watching me check out the entire time, and now, after I put the receipt away while walking to the door, for some reason he wants me to take it out again. I can politely say no and exit, as he saw me at the register, and knows what I look like, so he can radio his coworkers to follow me with cameras outside, or consult camera history inside, to see whether I stole something.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#228  

deltabourne
Mike27 is my bestest friend in the whole wide world.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
Yes, because every situation falls into those two categories.

How about I throw a few more at you?

C. Thinking:

I just paid for my merchandise, and there's a line 20 people long at the exit doors, because the security guard at the door is checking receipts. Why should I have to wait? I don't have to.

D. Thinking:

I bought something earlier in my visit to the store, and have already put the receipt away while I shopped for more things. Why should I have to prove that the item is mine?

E. Thinking:

The guard at the door was watching me check out the entire time, and now, after I put the receipt away while walking to the door, for some reason he wants me to take it out again. I can politely say no and exit, as he saw me at the register, and knows what I look like, so he can radio his coworkers to follow me with cameras outside, or consult camera history inside, to see whether I stole something.

Liar! You know you froth at the mouth like a dirty libertarian, rabidly snapping at all the calm yet bemused customers who are showing their receipts, showering epithets and insults at all the downtrodden workers who meekly ask to see your receipt out of the fear of being beaten by their bosses and their genuine desire to see your shopping experience free of mistakes!
__________________
"Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Douglas Adams

Bang bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down upon her head
Bang bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer made sure that she was dead
Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 PM deltabourne is offline  
Reply With Quote
#229  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabourne View Post
Liar! You know you froth at the mouth like a dirty libertarian, rabidly snapping at all the calm yet bemused customers who are showing their receipts, showering epithets and insults at all the downtrodden workers who meekly ask to see your receipt out of the fear of being beaten by their bosses and their genuine desire to see your shopping experience free of mistakes!

Never, you damned fascist! You let your receipt checker pat you up and down and give you full body cavity searches when you exit stores, and I'll pull out my concealed carry weapon, shoot him between the eyes, and leave a copy of the constitution in his pocket as my business card as his blood spreads across the Wal-Mart exit. Their mere vocal chord vibrations hitting my eardrums with their demands of a receipt reminds me of the oppression that my brothers in arms overthrew 300 years ago!
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 03-05-2008, 09:20 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#230  

red|dragon
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
Yes, because every situation falls into those two categories.

How about I throw a few more at you?

C. Thinking:

I just paid for my merchandise, and there's a line 20 people long at the exit doors, because the security guard at the door is checking receipts. Why should I have to wait? I don't have to.

D. Thinking:

I bought something earlier in my visit to the store, and have already put the receipt away while I shopped for more things. Why should I have to prove that the item is mine?

E. Thinking:

The guard at the door was watching me check out the entire time, and now, after I put the receipt away while walking to the door, for some reason he wants me to take it out again. I can politely say no and exit, as he saw me at the register, and knows what I look like, so he can radio his coworkers to follow me with cameras outside, or consult camera history inside, to see whether I stole something.

I never said every situation falls into those 2 categories...

These are the 2 categories for THIS situation. That's why I posted them.

C: A store would never let that happen. 20 people in a line to check receipts? C'mon on man. I never experienced this, and I doubt you have either.

D: Who the hell buys something at a store then comes back later into the store without a bag around the item and would then refuse to take out their receipt if asked. People go back into stores with items in BAGS all the time.

E: If someone at the door is watching you checkout at the register, I doubt they would just randomly ask to see your receipt on your way out. However, if it is appropriate procedure, then that very well could happen.

What is the big deal about this? How hard is it just to whip out your receipt and be on your way? If this kind of shit gets your panties in a knot, good god, there is something mentally wrong with you. There are far worse things that could be happening to you.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 PM red|dragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#231  

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.
 
mathlete's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
What is the big deal about this? How hard is it just to whip out your receipt and be on your way? If this kind of shit gets your panties in a knot, good god, there is something mentally wrong with you. There are far worse things that could be happening to you.

I feel it is impossible for us to explain it to people like yourself. All I can say is how disappointed I am to know that your view likely represents the majority of America.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:50 PM mathlete is offline  
Reply With Quote
#232  

wingedbuttmonkey
 
wingedbuttmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
So I have the right to detain someone on my property if they can't prove that something is theirs?

I didnt say that. I was simply pointing out that your argument was a huge strawman. And I want to set you and it on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromicus View Post
That's not enough.

Yea I know. But its a completely different situation than his dumb sidewalk scenario.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:58 PM wingedbuttmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#233  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
I never said every situation falls into those 2 categories...

These are the 2 categories for THIS situation. That's why I posted them.

...None of which you indicated in your post. You had a question, "Can I see your receipt?" and two outcomes.


Quote:
C: A store would never let that happen. 20 people in a line to check receipts? C'mon on man. I never experienced this, and I doubt you have either.
I've been in some long lines at Best Buy before at Christmas time. Besides, it doesn't matter if it's 5 or 20, I don't, and shouldn't, have to wait in any line.

Quote:
D: Who the hell buys something at a store then comes back later into the store without a bag around the item and would then refuse to take out their receipt if asked. People go back into stores with items in BAGS all the time.
I never said anything about leaving the store in my example. I'm talking about buying something at a register somewhere in the store besides the front, and continuing shopping.

Quote:
E: If someone at the door is watching you checkout at the register, I doubt they would just randomly ask to see your receipt on your way out. However, if it is appropriate procedure, then that very well could happen.
Well your doubts are quite misplaced, my friend.

Quote:
What is the big deal about this? How hard is it just to whip out your receipt and be on your way? If this kind of shit gets your panties in a knot, good god, there is something mentally wrong with you. There are far worse things that could be happening to you.
mathlete said it better than I can.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#234  

red|dragon
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I feel it is impossible for us to explain it to people like yourself. All I can say is how disappointed I am to know that your view likely represents the majority of America.

Someone asked me to see my receipt for a purchase and I complied?

Sorry, I just don't feel any of my rights were raped from me.

Why are you disappointed? Life is great. I'm happy. What is so bad about life in America? Compared to other countries, we have it so easy. Did you forget?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 PM red|dragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#235  

wingedbuttmonkey
 
wingedbuttmonkey's Avatar
 
20 people in a line at the exit? yea right, the most I have ever seen EVER is 2. And that was at walmart at peak time when I Stood in the checkout line for 35 minutes. IF you want to complain about "wasting time" complain about the checkout line not the 5 second reciept check "line".

I completely understand your argument and yes, you can do whatever you want. You are still an ass for doing it. Just like this employee was an ass for not simply taking "no thanks" as final.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 PM wingedbuttmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#236  

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.
 
mathlete's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
Why are you disappointed? Life is great. I'm happy. What is so bad about life in America? Compared to other countries, we have it so easy. Did you forget?

This is my point. As long as life is going smooth for you, not much else matters.

Normally I'm not one for the melodramatic, but enjoy your soma.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:12 PM mathlete is offline  
Reply With Quote
#237  

wingedbuttmonkey
 
wingedbuttmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
Someone asked me to see my receipt for a purchase and I complied?

Sorry, I just don't feel any of my rights were raped from me.

Why are you disappointed? Life is great. I'm happy. What is so bad about life in America? Compared to other countries, we have it so easy. Did you forget?

You dont understand. He has rights. He uses them at every opportunity and if one of his rights is even so much as pricked with a needle he will flip out and kill you. Like a ninja.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:13 PM wingedbuttmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#238  

red|dragon
 
I knew it would start coming down to line for line....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
I've been in some long lines at Best Buy before at Christmas time. Besides, it doesn't matter if it's 5 or 20, I don't, and shouldn't, have to wait in any line.

BB is always crowded then. You know it's crowded and they are checking receipts and it is slow as fuck. But you go there because you want to be part of it. If you don't like it, then you should have gone Christmas shopping earlier.

You have to wait in lines for just about anything. I don't know why you think you should have special rights to not comply and be immune to procedures. Is your time more valuable than everyone else's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
I never said anything about leaving the store in my example. I'm talking about buying something at a register somewhere in the store besides the front, and continuing shopping.

They typically a) give you a bag, b) have someone escort you (big tv or something) or c) give you a receipt to show the guy at the front.

So your going to buy a DVD player, not get a bag, put the receipt away and then when the guy upfront asks you for your receipt to prove that you paid for it at the register at the back, your going to say no, smack the guy in the face with the DVD player and run out the front door? How hard is it to just show your receipt man? Jesus Christ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
Well your doubts are quite misplaced, my friend.

Negative. My doubts are intelligent, articulate and mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
mathlete said it better than I can.

No problem. I'll let you know when I feel like my rights are being stolen.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:16 PM red|dragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#239  

Jason
 
I would probably stop if the alarm went off... but I don't think a person should have to be stopped by someone to check their bags based strictly on a policy of the store to check every receipt... especially if the law says that I don't have to like it does here in TX.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM Jason is offline  
Reply With Quote
#240  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.