General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
PopeKevinI
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
whoa, whoa, easy there cool kid. if you actually took the time out and gave it some thought, you'd realize that they're largely there to correct cashier mistakes (well, at fry's they are) and to deter theft, NOT catch thieves. but i have caught my fair share of thieves checking receipts, just so you know.

What sort of mistakes? "gee, sorry sir, we undercharged you, can you check out again?" Screw that.

edit: Once I've paid for something and been given a receipt for it, the store has no right to intercept me and tell me I can't leave the store with it. At that point the transaction is complete and the item is MY property. You've got to catch errors and abuses BEFORE the point of sale, because I'm not going to let you take my property away from me and attempt to sell it to me again.

And if you're looking for cashiers giving away stuff to friends and family, you can check that via the register tape or computer to look for that sort of issue.

Last edited by PopeKevinI; 03-04-2008 at 12:26 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 AM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
No, that's wasn't my job. I'd just call LP and he'll watch him drive off, get his plates, and they'll deal with it from there. Done that before. The Wal-Mart retard was way out of line doing what he did, but the incident shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Just because it makes your job easier doesn't mean it shouldn't of happened. He was fully within his rights. It inconveniences you, of course, but he's still in the right for doing it.


Quote:
Target is not Fry's and has vastly different procedures. At Fry's a manager must OK employee discounts, and the employee must walk out with the customer. But thanks for playing!
The nearest Fry's is a state away from here, I have no idea of their practices.

Despite this, I did know what I was talking about, since it worked here.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Ok let me clarify. I havn't looked up the legalities surrounding detaining someone under these circumstances.

Understandable, but...

Quote:
If the guy isn't producing any proof he bought a store stocked item, than that's reasonable grounds to suspect he's shoplifting and reasonable grounds to initiate countermeasures against that.
...don't say stupid shit like this then, because you're wrong.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
BECAUSE HE'S STILL IN THE STORE.

IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS STEALING.

HE HAD NO BAG ON HIS ITEM.

He could have at least gotten the cashier's attention so she could say something like "yeah, he's ok"

Imo, the guy is a dumb ass. All he had to do was show the receipt.

fuck no
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
What he should have done is understand that he is in a store where store workers have confusion over did he purchase the fucking item he's trying to walk out with, and instead of doing what you know, NORMAL FUCKING PEOPLE DO, just show a fucking receipt and get the fuck out.

But hey, let's leave this one to the valiant constitution defenders like yourself. It's not like this didn't have anything to do with being reasonable. Then again, reason isn't your forte is it?

you are right the store fucks were not reasonable
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedbuttmonkey View Post
Greg you are one of the fucking retards in this country who believe they have the right to whatever the fuck they want. I want the right to walk into Walmart with a dildo in my hand because ITS MY DILDO LOLOL. fuck you. I hope everyone like you dies in a fire so we dont have any more fucking idiots walking around thinking they are the most important people in the world and suing anyone who remotely challenges them.

This guy needed to get the stick out of his ass and show some respect to the minimum wage employee asking for a receipt for legitimate reasons. I suppose I can just walk into walmart, pick something up and walk out without showing a reciept because hey, I dont have to lololol.

Goddamn people like you are the only thing in America that pisses me off to this extent.


No, shit for brains. He is one of the people that think that corporations dont have the right to make their own laws because they have more money.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephekt View Post
That only holds weight in our legal system. Store employees have no obligation to abide by this - just as the shopper has no obligation to stay after being 'detained.'

Sorry dipshit. The store employees have to obey the law. Assault and illegal imprisonment is not obeying the law
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red|dragon View Post
No lets assume your gay porn shop is huge, has multiple registers open with tons of people in the store. Your saying that if you saw some guy walking towards the door with something in his hand, not in a bag, not carrying a receipt and then refused to show receipt when you asked him, you would just let him walk, shrug your shoulders and carry on?

Or how about this. You have an employee who works at your store. You are the owner, but you are not there. The employee sees some guy walking out of the store with something, no bag, no receipt and when asked to show a receipt says no and keeps walking. You want that employee to just say ok bye and go on about his business???

And you know big businesses like Walmart have lots of theft. You wouldn't want your employees to treat a paying customer like a thief?

You're either stupid, or nuts. That's the point. Rot in hell.

no
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 12:48 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 


So non-eloquent, yet so effective.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Ok let me clarify. I havn't looked up the legalities surrounding detaining someone under these circumstances. That last line was supposed to be a sarcastic joke, and I thought that was pretty clear but in retrospect maybe it wasn't. Anyway, what I'm saying here is that the employee was doing what he was hired to do. If the guy isn't producing any proof he bought a store stocked item, than that's reasonable grounds to suspect he's shoplifting and reasonable grounds to initiate countermeasures against that. These people that are complaining asking to check his recipt is harassment is more towards what I was addressing.

I was once suspected of shoplifting when I was a teen. There was good cause to suspect I was shoplifting. Much more than what happened in the link the OP provided.

I saw a store detective walk out of the store and I left behind him trying to walk fast enough to pass him. He exited the mall before I got near him and Another store detective asked for my attention from behind me.
He thought I had stolen a book and asked me politely. I said no. I had a wrinkle in my shirt just above the belt that looked like it may have been hiding such an item. He asked me if I would show him if something was under there. I said no.

He knew that if he tried to force me and I HAD stolen a book he would be in the clear. If I had no book he and the store would be FUCKED because it would be assault and illegal imprisonment of a minor. But my attitude was obviously I fucking dare you. So he said Ok nevermind. So I said wait a minute and lifted my shirt. No book. And he smiled a puzzling smile and I made 50 bucks for flusing the store dicks.

I had picked up a book I already owned and could recite chapter and verse and put it in my pants and walked around the corner and put it on another shelf.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323

Last edited by TheMorlock; 03-04-2008 at 01:02 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post


So non-eloquent, yet so effective.

did you catch the edit I made to the quoted post

whats interesting is we are having a similar argument in the games forum because PC game producers treat Every Single paying customer like a thief. And then blame theft for loss of sales.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 01:09 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

kbs
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
.......[story].........
I had picked up a book I already owned and could recite chapter and verse and put it in my pants and walked around the corner and put it on another shelf.

Wait...what's the point of this story? I don't understand what you did and why you did it.
__________________
lurker
Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 AM kbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
#117  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Blame it on shoplifters. If a private business wants to attempt to cut shrinkage, then good for them. There are negative externalities to shoplifting that affect all customers, since losses due to theft are passed onto you, either by increased prices or increased restocking fees.

most loss is by employees

private business can not be allowed to break the law in their attempt to cut shrinkage
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#118  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs View Post
Wait...what's the point of this story? I don't understand what you did and why you did it.

The LAW says the guy cant touch me unless he is FUCKING SURE I stole something. Because if I get stopped and searched and I DONT HAVE THE FUCKING ITEM ON ME. He has committed a felony. On a minor.



I was a stalking horse

 I was once suspected of shoplifting when I was a teen. There was good cause to suspect I was shoplifting. Much more than what happened in the link the OP provided.
snip

what I did was pretend to shoplift to lure out the store detectives so the real shoplifters knew who they were. 
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-04-2008, 01:22 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#119  

sir tex
 
sir tex's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post
What sort of mistakes? "gee, sorry sir, we undercharged you, can you check out again?" Screw that.

edit: Once I've paid for something and been given a receipt for it, the store has no right to intercept me and tell me I can't leave the store with it. At that point the transaction is complete and the item is MY property. You've got to catch errors and abuses BEFORE the point of sale, because I'm not going to let you take my property away from me and attempt to sell it to me again.

And if you're looking for cashiers giving away stuff to friends and family, you can check that via the register tape or computer to look for that sort of issue.
Not many undercharges, but there were items that had not been rung up. 90% of the time the sales floor/cashier forgot to look at a price tag and gave a customer the full price, instead of the sale price. But feel free to continue to be a shithead, because I'd let you walk out that door with the full price. You're right, it did make my job alot easier.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 AM sir tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
#120  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.