General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagamus
Bush made it clear he doesn't really care about capturing bin Laden.

on this , I agree with you , but for reasons you are not intellectually capable of comprehending.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excession
Simply put, these people have power and are not going to let go of it lightly.

Exactly.

Why does Bush want to be in power so long though? Doesn't he and his administration have consciences? What's the point of this?

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLurk-MK2
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5411741/site/newsweek/

Terror attacks to indefinately delay elections?

odd , I don't see the word "indefinately" in the linked story.

ToadJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct
Exactly.

Why does Bush want to be in power so long though? Doesn't he and his administration have consciences? What's the point of this?

Maybe he doesn't want to stay in power longer than he is given constitutional authority to? Did that idea ever cross your mind? Are you capable of comprehending it?

Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadJam
Maybe he doesn't want to stay in power longer than he is given constitutional authority to? Did that idea ever cross your mind? Are you capable of comprehending it?

Where is that proof that indeed terror attacks may occur? What are they basing that on? Nothing so far. So how do you know he does not want to stay in power for as long as possible?

Excession
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadJam

Perhaps the true comprehension lies in the wonder of why the most powerful nation on earth is in theatre with the smallest dictatorships

Who is prisoner.iana.org and why does my laptop keep trying to talk to them?

pigster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct
Where is that proof that indeed terror attacks may occur? What are they basing that on? Nothing so far. So how do you know he does not want to stay in power for as long as possible?

If you read any of the stories, you'll note that the scenarios discussed talk about delays based on actual attacks, not delays based on warnings of attacks.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub
on this , I agree with you , but for reasons you are not intellectually capable of comprehending.

If you're simple enough to think that, you're probably right.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

I should clarify my point. I am not mad that we are making contingency plans, that is a good thing for the government to do. I think it is how much media attention this is getting and how it is being played up as almost a probability amidst other vague terrorist warnings but no change in the stupid color chart of panic. I would think it would take an attack larger in scale than 9/11 for elections to be massively disrupted and in that event I would think it would be obvious to delay the elections. I think announcing it before hand is for show.

pigster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid
I think announcing it before hand is for show.

So check the news - is it something the Bush administration announced, or is it something a reporter dug up and publicized? This whole thing smells of election year politics to me.

ATP

If this shit happens, I will fucking go ballistic. I don't give a fuck who says what about who or what. I know America is smart enough not to allow this. The only reason to postpone an election is if the country was actually under attack. And even in that case, the postponement shouldn't last that long (like a week for another 9/11-type attack).

I seriously hope this is .

./ //''// ).____
/'/.../..../....:/|...._)
('(.......... \____|......)
\.................'...../.
..\'.Still.strokin'./

iyox

I think what the article is really lacking is any jusitification for the delay. I mean if it is to safe guard voters and assure them that they can vote without worry of being harmed, then obviously it is necessary. However if it is because politicians worry that the attack would have a likely immediate drastic effect on the election, then the delay is without warrant. I guess this is my point of concern, if the current administration is putting this kind of plan into effect, while running on a campaign of a supposedly "more secure America" then the delay is . An attack before election time is just another reminder of the current affairs in the world and certainly not a free pass for the government to strip us of our right to react to them whether that action be in their favor or not.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Cant believe I'd ever join you in a revolt, but I sure would if that happened

-_ - --_ - - _

"dey terk er jerbs!"
Old 07-14-2004, 04:08 AM  

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by -_ - --_ - - _
"dey terk er jerbs!"

your name makes me feel violent.