General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Jnex26
 
Unfortunately American civilisation has fallen down on itself and people are too involved in their own lives to take to heart the phrase "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"

This has made America a super-capitalist system and more companies are profiting and buying up/bullying out the smaller companies. Where it is true that the extremes of left and right result in similar effects they are not necessarily the same. The American economy/political system will never be socialist hence never communist. However what will happen if people do not stand up to the GOV you will wake up one day in a police state.

In a capitalist regime it's still suppose to be up to the people to make decisions about the running of the country and so is the socialist regimes. However the one major difference that seems to exist in practicality with the two regimes is that in a capitalist society eventually mega corps will start making the decisions and not the people. in a socialist environment it usually ends up in the military running the Gov.

The American government and political system was designed to prevent people being corrupted by money and in theory it works and it worked for a long time. However in the modern age the western worlds need to re-evaluate the definition of their constitutions on corruptibility and re-build them. however this will never happen while a corrupt government is in power and while a corrupt government is in power there is only one true way to re-build society that is civil war.

Now where does a civil war/social reform start ----- Students. All major civil wars tend to start within the student communities and escalate from there as students are usually the least corrupted and corruptible. Now i end with a open question, in America does the student lifestyle leave itself open for student debates and the possibility for a student uprising?

Please Excuse the spelling/grammar errs Iím quite tired while writing this.
__________________
Proud member of the Raptor Raid 0 Club......

Last edited by Jnex26; 07-17-2004 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-17-2004, 01:12 PM Jnex26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Nuntius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnex26
Unfortuantly american civilisation has fallen down on itself and people are too involved in their own lives to take to heart the phrase "The price of freedom is enternal viglance"

This has made america a super-capitalist system and more compaines are profiting and buying up/bullinging out the smaller companies. Where it is true that the extreems of left and right result in similar effects they are not neccaciliary the same. The amrican economy/political system will never be socilist hence never communist. However what will happen if people do not stand up to the gov you will wake up one day in a police state.

in a capitalist regime it's still suppost to be upto the people to make decistions about the running of the country and so is the socilist regimes. However the one major diffrence that seems to exist in practicality with the two regimes is that in a capitalist societyeventually Mega corps will start making the decistions and not the people. in a socilist enviroment it usally ends up in the military running the gov.

The American govenment and political system was designed to prevent people being corrupted by money and in theory it works and it worked for a long long time. however in the modenr age the western worlds need to re-evaluate the definition of their consituions on corruptability and re-build them. however this will never happen while a corrupt govenment is in power and while a corrupt govenmnet is in power there is only one true way to re-build society that is civil war.

Now where do civil wars start ----- Students. All major civil wars tend to start within the student communitys and escalte from there as students are usally the least corrupted and corraptable. Now i end with a open question, in america does the student lifestyle leave itself open for student debates and the possiblity for a student uprising ?

Please Excuse the spelling/grammer errs i'm quite tired while writing this.

Quite tired? You sound like a one armed monkey on crack cocaine. Your post makes baby jesus cry. Even if you did spell semi-important words like "America" correctly, your argument would still be shitty. I would rebut each and every fallacy within your post, but that would take far too much time, and in the end, it would be simpler and less painful just to claw my own eyes out. Please, never ever post again.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:25 PM Nuntius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius
Quite tired? You sound like a one armed monkey on crack cocaine. Your post makes baby jesus cry. Even if you did spell semi-important words like "America" correctly, your argument would still be shitty. I would rebut each and every fallacy within your post, but that would take far too much time, and in the end, it would be simpler and less painful just to claw my own eyes out. Please, never ever post again.


run out of midol?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-17-2004, 01:26 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

/-\lex
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
You must be an economics major!

Old 07-17-2004, 01:33 PM /-\lex is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Jnex26
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius
Quite tired? You sound like a one armed monkey on crack cocaine. Your post makes baby jesus cry. Even if you did spell semi-important words like "America" correctly, your argument would still be shitty. I would rebut each and every fallacy within your post, but that would take far too much time, and in the end, it would be simpler and less painful just to claw my own eyes out. Please, never ever post again.

Please if you have a valid comment on my arguments then post, However your very vauge about the issues you've had with my arguments. Please could you expand on your comments
__________________
Proud member of the Raptor Raid 0 Club......
Old 07-17-2004, 02:05 PM Jnex26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

xagent
 
unfortunately*
civilization*
vigilance*
eternal*
bullying*
extremes*
difference*
practically*
necessarily*
American*
socialist*
decisions*
socialist*
government*
modern*
constitutions*
environment*
escalate*
communities*
usually*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnex26
Unfortuantly american civilisation has fallen down on itself and people are too involved in their own lives to take to heart the phrase "The price of freedom is enternal viglance"

This has made america a super-capitalist system and more compaines are profiting and buying up/bullinging out the smaller companies. Where it is true that the extreems of left and right result in similar effects they are not neccaciliary the same. The amrican economy/political system will never be socilist hence never communist. However what will happen if people do not stand up to the gov you will wake up one day in a police state.

in a capitalist regime it's still suppost to be upto the people to make decistions about the running of the country and so is the socilist regimes. However the one major diffrence that seems to exist in practicality with the two regimes is that in a capitalist societyeventually Mega corps will start making the decistions and not the people. in a socilist enviroment it usally ends up in the military running the gov.

The American govenment and political system was designed to prevent people being corrupted by money and in theory it works and it worked for a long long time. however in the modenr age the western worlds need to re-evaluate the definition of their consituions on corruptability and re-build them. however this will never happen while a corrupt govenment is in power and while a corrupt govenmnet is in power there is only one true way to re-build society that is civil war.

Now where do civil wars start ----- Students. All major civil wars tend to start within the student communitys and escalte from there as students are usally the least corrupted and corraptable. Now i end with a open question, in america does the student lifestyle leave itself open for student debates and the possiblity for a student uprising ?

Please Excuse the spelling/grammer errs i'm quite tired while writing this.

America super capitalist hahaha... hahaa...

Not when half the business depend on the government for survival, and the other half repeatedly get fucked over by the government. Not when there are so many safety nets in place, so many social services. The US, like most of the supposed capitalist and industrialized world, is a mix of capitalism and socialism. Both businesses lobbying in Congress to get favors and corporate welfare, AND Congress choking these businesses. You're probably only opposed to the former, and support the latter. For every example of some business leeching off the government that you can find, I can find two examples of businesses being hurt by the government. Only, I'm opposed to BOTH. We definitely do not live in a capitalist system, it's a blend.

If we're "super-capitalist" now, what were we 100 years ago, pre-New Deal? Super-uber-goober capitalist?

Who decided on the FCC rulings? Was is the corporate media networks, or the government?
Who sued Microsoft for being too-competitive and bundling *shock*... a Free browser and media player with their OS?
I guess businesses voluntarily passed and are happy with the complex, destructive, and unfair "Fair Labor Standards Act" right?

Quote:
However what will happen if people do not stand up to the gov you will wake up one day in a police state
I agree, we must stand up to the government, and get them to stay out of all this taxation, regulation, and wealth redistribution and handouts crap.


Aside from that, your post was very vague. All I got out of it was some rambling, American is KKKapitalist, capitalism is bad, I hate extremeists, police state, we musta stand up, police state, fight, corruption, mega corps and military will run the government -----------> Therefore students must start a civil war?

How about YOU back up what you say with actual stats or proof, rather than vague anti-capitalist rhetoric
__________________
"We're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good" - Hillary Clinton

Last edited by xagent; 07-17-2004 at 03:26 PM..
Old 07-17-2004, 03:15 PM xagent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Jnex26
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xagent


America super capitalist hahaha... hahaa...

Not when half the business depend on the government for survival, and the other half repeatedly get fucked over by the government. Not when there are so many safety nets in place, so many social services. The US, like most of the supposed capitalist and industrialized world, is a mix of capitalism and socialism. Both businesses lobbying in Congress to get favors and corporate welfare, AND Congress choking these businesses. You're probably only opposed to the former, and support the latter. For every example of some business leeching off the government that you can find, I can find two examples of businesses being hurt by the government. Only, I'm opposed to BOTH. We definitely do not live in a capitalist system, it's a blend.

If we're "super-capitalist" now, what were we 100 years ago, pre-New Deal? Super-uber-goober capitalist?

Who decided on the FCC rulings? Was is the corporate media networks, or the government?
Who sued Microsoft for being too-competitive and bundling *shock*... a Free browser and media player with their OS?
I guess businesses voluntarily passed and are happy with the complex, destructive, and unfair "Fair Labor Standards Act" right?



I agree, we must stand up to the government, and get them to stay out of all this taxation, regulation, and wealth redistribution and handouts crap.


Aside from that, your post was very vague. All I got out of it was some rambling, American is KKKapitalist, capitalism is bad, I hate extremeists, police state, we musta stand up, police state, fight, corruption, mega corps and military will run the government -----------> Therefore students must start a civil war?

How about YOU back up what you say with actual stats or proof, rather than vague anti-capitalist rhetoric

There are situations where the government do backup businesses in not only America but all over the world. EG in the EU farmers are heavily subsidised. M$ suing was vastly under powered and did not have enough impact on the company on a whole. The FCC rulings i really don't know about. however i thought it was a co-operative measure set up in the mid 80's that has constantly been revised by a government and media groups. In regards to fair labour act's these are partially working their way to getting things right for people, these are no where are constructive for the employee as the EU's.

I'm glad we see eye to eye on at least one point.

Actually I'm not a fan of a totally capitalist system however compared to most blends America is more capitalist than most tend to be. However I also believe that a decent blend of capitalism and socialism need to be found. This is the argument of the far left and far right. What i'm try to portray is that it's the individuals responsibility to be aware of the governments actions and not just that but the company your working for as well.

As for the students comment allot of civil wars/social revolution tend to be brought about by student movements. the only recently self-inflicted governmental revolution was by the soviet union. However It tends to be the student population that does seem to be a effective catalyst in the social revolution process.

P.S I Hope my spelling/Grammer is better this time !
__________________
Proud member of the Raptor Raid 0 Club......
Old 07-17-2004, 04:19 PM Jnex26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Sanchi
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnex26
Unfortunately American civilisation has fallen down on itself and people are too involved in their own lives to take to heart the phrase "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"

This has made America a super-capitalist system and more companies are profiting and buying up/bullying out the smaller companies. Where it is true that the extremes of left and right result in similar effects they are not necessarily the same. The American economy/political system will never be socialist hence never communist. However what will happen if people do not stand up to the GOV you will wake up one day in a police state.

There are roughly 14 million businesses in the USA. We have a worker force of 180 million. Thats 13 workers per business. There are 10,000 businesses that employ more then 100 people. Thats 1 million of the 180 million workers we have. The rest of the 179 million workers we have are employed by the remaining 13,990,000 businesses that have less then 100 workers.

Big companies my ass.

Quote:
In a capitalist regime it's still suppose to be up to the people to make decisions about the running of the country and so is the socialist regimes. However the one major difference that seems to exist in practicality with the two regimes is that in a capitalist society eventually mega corps will start making the decisions and not the people. in a socialist environment it usually ends up in the military running the Gov.

The American government and political system was designed to prevent people being corrupted by money and in theory it works and it worked for a long time. However in the modern age the western worlds need to re-evaluate the definition of their constitutions on corruptibility and re-build them. however this will never happen while a corrupt government is in power and while a corrupt government is in power there is only one true way to re-build society that is civil war.
I suggest you atleast take an American history class before you lecture us on our history. Read up on Teddy Rosevelt and Taft. Read up on Standard Oil. Read up on Rockefeller and his Railroads (and Standard Oil). Read up on Andrew Carnegie and US Steel Corporation. Read up on JP Morgan and the consolitation of Trusts. Read up on the US Sherman Act. Read up on anything before you make a stupid assumption.

Quote:
Now where does a civil war/social reform start ----- Students. All major civil wars tend to start within the student communities and escalate from there as students are usually the least corrupted and corruptible. Now i end with a open question, in America does the student lifestyle leave itself open for student debates and the possibility for a student uprising?
Students usually are the easist to corrupt. Sorry to shatter your simplistic idea's Social reform has always started with the grassroots. While students are a part of the grassroots, they are a VERY minor part. There wont be a student uprising in the USA. There wont be a student uprising in the UK. Our students simply have it too good.


Quote:
There are situations where the government do backup businesses in not only America but all over the world. EG in the EU farmers are heavily subsidised. M$ suing was vastly under powered and did not have enough impact on the company on a whole. The FCC rulings i really don't know about. however i thought it was a co-operative measure set up in the mid 80's that has constantly been revised by a government and media groups. In regards to fair labour act's these are partially working their way to getting things right for people, these are no where are constructive for the employee as the EU's.

I'm glad we see eye to eye on at least one point.
The judge in the MS case ruled that MS should be broken up into 3 companies. Pre-rulling I could not buy the parts to a computer without windows. I could not buy a computer from Dell with linux on it. Today I can.

Early 80's Bell Telephone was the SOLE provider of telephone service in the USA. They considered everything that was connected to thier telephone lines to be Bell Telephone property. You were billed on the number of telephones you had, similar to how in England you are billed on the number of televisions you have. Ma Bell was broken up into about 300 smaller companies and now how many thousands of companies work in Telephone/Internet companies are there?

Quote:
Actually I'm not a fan of a totally capitalist system however compared to most blends America is more capitalist than most tend to be. However I also believe that a decent blend of capitalism and socialism need to be found. This is the argument of the far left and far right. What i'm try to portray is that it's the individuals responsibility to be aware of the governments actions and not just that but the company your working for as well.
I dont know of anyone who is in favor of a totally capitalist system. HOWEVER if something is profitable and useful it should belong to the private sector. If something is unprofitable and useful it should belong to the public sector. The major problem with the public sector is that it LOVES to dive into the unprofitable and useless. The private sector does not have that problem.

Quote:
As for the students comment allot of civil wars/social revolution tend to be brought about by student movements. the only recently self-inflicted governmental revolution was by the soviet union. However It tends to be the student population that does seem to be a effective catalyst in the social revolution process.
Lets name the big ones. End of the slavery of blacks AND equal rights for them, not student led. Equal suffereage for women, not student led. What does that leave the students? The overthrow on the Shah in Iran. Somehting most of them are regretting now.

Overall I think you should be more woried about your MP's wanting to restrict your non-right of speach.

Last edited by Sanchi; 07-17-2004 at 05:27 PM..
Old 07-17-2004, 05:22 PM Sanchi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.