General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
I know, I chose a degree option where I already have a high paying job after 4 years. I really shit the bed on that one! What university program are you currently enrolled in?

You capitalist running dog you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

AllUranusBelong2Me!

Quote:
Yeah, and how about the LA Times reporter caught photoshopping pictures from the Iraq war? How about the Arab news channels caught adding smoke to videos of the Israeli-Lebanon conflict of 2005 to make the damage seem even worse than it actually was? Remember Dan Rather? Yeah, what was that all about? Are you so dense that you don't realize that media of every bias deceives you on a daily basis, and you eat that shit up like it's gospel simply because you agree with their bias and want to believe it's true.

The NYT fired Blair because he has a string of offenses to his name and got caught with it, and nationally embarrassed what is considered to be a reputable news source. Your dismissal of that offense as not that big of a deal simply because they fired him is unfortunate. You let them off the hook way too easily, only reinforcing my point.

And yes, you caught me, being a Canadian I clearly watch Fox News every day of the week, and consider them my "friends". Please, my news comes largely from CBC and CNN, neither of which are right-wing or "Republican" as you Americans would identify them. All I've ever watched from Fox News was youtube clips people linked on the internet.
Quick, put a fence on our northern border!
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You capitalist running dog you.

I know, I confess, I love not sucking society's teet .

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
Quick, put a fence on our northern border!

Shhh, I'm watching Bill O'Reilly over here!

Tom Kazansky

Hey guys, look what Dan Rather of Fox News, I mean CBS said!

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...n-rather-make/

I'm glad it's only Fox News that reports falsehoods though. We can see from the email exchange between Aaron and CBS that CBS will promptly correct the error and issue a national apology. </sarcasm>

Is CBS an arm of the Republican party as well, Xayd? Does Dan Rather bust a chubby everytime he sees an elephant? He must, because only right-wing sources of media would ever lie or deceive the public!

Do you want me to continue to provide more examples, or have you finally learned something?

Xayd

what's dan rather talking about an airplane have to do with faux organizing lies to promote the republican party?

misdirection denied.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
what's dan rather talking about an airplane have to do with faux organizing lies to promote the republican party?

misdirection denied.

You don't get it, do you? Fine, you want to get political? Lets get political. Does this sound familiar to you?

http://www.mediaresearch.org/campaign/04/rather.asp

It should because it contributed to the end of Dan Rather's career.

Is this political enough for you, or it doesn't count because it's not on Fox and, given that it was done in 2004 prior to the election, was designed as a boost for the Democratic ticket?

I guess you're allowed to lie if you're left-wing folks, nothing to see here! It passes Xayd's ethics test.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

The funny part is guys like Hannity, O'Reilly and the rest of the looney bunch pretty much make fiction on a weekly(if not daily) basis, but Tom gets a hardon (like most do here) to say nasty wasty things about wibewals.

For you conservative (though you prefer centrist I'd guess, nothing like a self loathing conservative) masterminds, it sure must be tough living in a lieberal world. Especially when it looks like most agree, and do it vocally too. Ah, the plight of the vocal and oppressed majority.

AllUranusBelong2Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
The funny part is guys like Hannity, O'Reilly and the rest of the looney bunch pretty much make fiction on a weekly(if not daily) basis, but Tom gets a hardon (like most do here) to say nasty wasty things about wibewals.

For you conservative (though you prefer centrist I'd guess, nothing like a self loathing conservative) masterminds, it sure must be tough living in a lieberal world. Especially when it looks like most agree, and do it vocally too. Ah, the plight of the vocal and oppressed majority.
Bull. If I see a repub conjuring up falsehoods I won't stand for it either. If they're acting like a snake (Savage, Levin), I'll call them on it.
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

Langly

Can we just through all these guys off a clifff?

Tom Kazansky

Quote:

I guess you missed the part where I said they're all fucking retarded, right? Let me remind you:

Quote:
In reality, I think all of those TV political pundits are pretty fucking stupid in their own right, left and right wings, because they're by-and-large partisan hacks who refuse to consider anything on the other side to have any shred of validity, while blindly towing the party line as if it were the word of God.

RTFT next time before you start making up .

I'm pointing out lying liberals because Xayd and others take them at their word without questioning, which is the definition of blind faith. They lie just as much as O'Rielly and Hannity and Coulter and all those other ones, people like yourself and Xayd just don't want to acknowledge it. It's difficult for me to go on a huge tyraid about Hannity and O'Rielly because I never fucking watch Fox, so I can't comment on anything they've said aside from clips I've seen on the internet. I do watch CNN, CBC, 60 minutes, read the Toronto Star, etc., none of which are right-wing or conservative in bias. That makes it pretty tough for me to come on here and make a huge rant about Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh. Sorry to disappoint you, because I know all you wanted to do was sneak in here and start throwing insults about some perceived Fox News dick sucking I'm apparantly doing just because I called Xayd on his .

You want to see liberals making fiction on a weekly basis and spreading it to the public? Head down to Hollywood and listen to some of those "politically active" actors. They spew a brand of that would make Fox blush. Whatever though. If you want to keep believing retards because you like to then go right ahead.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 11-19-2009 at 03:33 PM..

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
Bull. If I see a repub conjuring up falsehoods I won't stand for it either. If they're acting like a snake (Savage, Levin), I'll call them on it.

NO YOU WONT BECAUSE YOU'RE A RIGHT-WING ASSHOLE WHO WANTS TO DESTROY THIS COUNTRY AND TRAMPLE ALL OUR RIGHTS!!!!

Mr. Marbles

Quote:

wtf you euro trash loser. you actually listen or watch these guys? or are you basing your comment on heresay? I mean wtf kind of euro weeny watchs/listens to American conservatives talk about politics? Are you that obsessed with America? Get off our nuts bitch.

loner

Quote:
To suggest that only the host on your side of the spectrum is "educated" while the others aren't and can't "think for themselves" is simply absurd.

Glenn Beck never went to college (well, technically he got in a cool program at Yale for non-traditional students, took one class and dropped out, but yea...)

Sean Hannity dropped out of TWO universities, and did not get a degree.

Keith Olbermann has a B.S. from Cornell.

So yea, actually, one side's hosts is educated, and the other side's isn't. Not really absurd at all.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
Glenn Beck never went to college (well, technically he got in a cool program at Yale for non-traditional students, took one class and dropped out, but yea...)

Sean Hannity dropped out of TWO universities, and did not get a degree.

Keith Olbermann has a B.S. from Cornell.

So yea, actually, one side's hosts is educated, and the other side's isn't. Not really absurd at all.

Bill Gates dropped out of university too, what a dumb fuck. Abraham Lincoln never went to college too, he must have been a total fucking moron!

George W has a Yale degree on the other hand, so he's a fucking genius just because of it!

Olbermann went to Cornell and studied communication arts. It's not like he went there and reinvented the fucking wheel.

My point was also in a general case anyways, but even if it wasn't, having a college degree does not make you intelligent by default. After graduating university, I can't count the number of people there who were "politically active" that didn't understand the first thing about the issues they were "protesting", and were unable to propose workable solutions to deal with problems they perceived. But, they were getting their degree in Peace Studies or whatever, so they probably know politics better than Abraham Lincoln ever did, since he never went to university.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 11-20-2009 at 08:01 AM..