General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
tanner9072
 
the ass-ass-ination of JFK

One of my classes this semester revolves entirely around the assassination of JFK. our whole objective for the class is to compose a ~20 page paper concerning what happened (or at least what we think happened) based on our own research. so i was just curious as to what The Pit population has to say about this very uncertain and interesting topic in american history.

do you believe in a multiple-gunmen assassination? single-gunman? do you believe fidel castro had anything to do with it? what is your opinion on the findings of the warren commission? etc.

personally, i believe that Oswald acted alone and had no motivation other than the fact that he was angry with the government and wanted to be remembered for something that made him stand out.

discuss.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 AM tanner9072 is offline  
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
One of my classes this semester revolves entirely around the assassination of JFK..


and you paid to attend this class?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 AM topcat989 is offline  
#2  

tanner9072
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
and you paid to attend this class?

its a historical methods class that's required for my major. the purpose is to just teach us how to do historical research through the use of primary and secondary sources. it's actually pretty interesting, i thought it would be dumb on the first day but it's shaping out to be a good class.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 AM tanner9072 is offline  
#3  

brfatal
 
brfatal's Avatar
 
My dad used to own the handle to the Zapruder camera.
__________________
'02 WRX Fully Built EJ257 (sold)
'12 Genesis R-Spec Sedan
MrFolx's Intraweb F-Buddy
Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 AM brfatal is offline  
#4  

punisher
 
punisher's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
so i was just curious as to what The Pit population has to say about this very uncertain and interesting topic in american history.

As to the events in Dealey Plaza, not much is uncertain about it. Warren Commision got it right.

The really interesting thing was the change in political climate after Kennedy's death, Viet Nam, and LBJ's presidency, and the legislation passed post Kennedy. I am from TX and I still feel I have to apologize for LBJ. So sorry.
__________________
"Oil leak, what oil leak? That puddle under the car is just sweat from all that horsepower."
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM punisher is offline  
#5  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
"You wrote ass twice"

"I like ass"
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 03-22-2010, 04:10 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
#6  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
its a historical methods class that's required for my major. the purpose is to just teach us how to do historical research through the use of primary and secondary sources. it's actually pretty interesting, i thought it would be dumb on the first day but it's shaping out to be a good class.

OIC. You have to admit, on paper, it looks pretty to have an entire semester of one class devoted solely to the JFK assassination
Old 03-23-2010, 01:34 AM topcat989 is offline  
#7  

tanner9072
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
OIC. You have to admit, on paper, it looks pretty to have an entire semester of one class devoted solely to the JFK assassination

agreed. but my professor does a good job of keeping us interested and teaching us how to analyze evidence and how to distinguish between the reliable sources and the ones.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:12 AM tanner9072 is offline  
#8  

tanner9072
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
As to the events in Dealey Plaza, not much is uncertain about it. Warren Commision got it right.

The really interesting thing was the change in political climate after Kennedy's death, Viet Nam, and LBJ's presidency, and the legislation passed post Kennedy. I am from TX and I still feel I have to apologize for LBJ. So sorry.

being that i have lived in texas for the past 9 years, i too am sorry for LBJ. it always bothers me when i drive through austin and see the sign on i-35 for the LBJ library. it makes me wonder if he was the best person to have named a university library after. but then again, dont presidents get to choose where their library is? i know george bush's is at A&M and im pretty sure he picked that location.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:16 AM tanner9072 is offline  
#9  

UTRocketMan
 
What's the problem with LBJ? He was definitely one of the better presidents imho...
Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 PM UTRocketMan is offline  
#10  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
One of my classes this semester revolves entirely around the assassination of JFK. our whole objective for the class is to compose a ~20 page paper concerning what happened (or at least what we think happened) based on our own research. so i was just curious as to what The Pit population has to say about this very uncertain and interesting topic in american history.

do you believe in a multiple-gunmen assassination? single-gunman? do you believe fidel castro had anything to do with it? what is your opinion on the findings of the warren commission? etc.

personally, i believe that Oswald acted alone and had no motivation other than the fact that he was angry with the government and wanted to be remembered for something that made him stand out.

discuss.

He was ill and in constant pain and had himself killed to make sure his vision of landing on the moon was carried out.

also

Cocks
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-25-2010, 12:44 AM TheMorlock is offline  
#11  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
What's the problem with LBJ? He was definitely one of the better presidents imho...

__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-25-2010, 12:44 AM TheMorlock is offline  
#12  

UTRocketMan
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

Well, he was before my time, and Vietnam sucked. Put I personally liked the domestic policies he was pushing, and he seemed like the rare kind of president who knew how to play Congress to get shit done.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:15 AM UTRocketMan is offline  
#13  

Opajew
old grizzled jew
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
Well, he was before my time, and Vietnam sucked. Put I personally liked the domestic policies he was pushing, and he seemed like the rare kind of president who knew how to play Congress to get shit done.

get the fuck off of my genmay.
__________________
RIP sam, best KITTAH ever.... :(

3-27-03.....

mark my words, the Athlon64 will be the GeForce FX of CPUs when it comes out. -the terabyte
mark my words - someday i will host a LAN this big.. sure, it'll be when im 35 or something, but i will.. -T
Old 03-26-2010, 01:09 AM Opajew is offline  
#14  

tanner9072
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
...and he seemed like the rare kind of president who knew how to play Congress to get shit done.

he also knew how to rig elections and strong-arm other politicians into getting his way
Old 03-26-2010, 05:59 PM tanner9072 is offline  
#15  

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.