General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

tanner9072

the ass-ass-ination of JFK

One of my classes this semester revolves entirely around the assassination of JFK. our whole objective for the class is to compose a ~20 page paper concerning what happened (or at least what we think happened) based on our own research. so i was just curious as to what The Pit population has to say about this very uncertain and interesting topic in american history.

do you believe in a multiple-gunmen assassination? single-gunman? do you believe fidel castro had anything to do with it? what is your opinion on the findings of the warren commission? etc.

personally, i believe that Oswald acted alone and had no motivation other than the fact that he was angry with the government and wanted to be remembered for something that made him stand out.

discuss.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner9072 View Post
One of my classes this semester revolves entirely around the assassination of JFK..

and you paid to attend this class?

tanner9072

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
and you paid to attend this class?

its a historical methods class that's required for my major. the purpose is to just teach us how to do historical research through the use of primary and secondary sources. it's actually pretty interesting, i thought it would be dumb on the first day but it's shaping out to be a good class.

brfatal

My dad used to own the handle to the Zapruder camera.

punisher

Quote:
so i was just curious as to what The Pit population has to say about this very uncertain and interesting topic in american history.

As to the events in Dealey Plaza, not much is uncertain about it. Warren Commision got it right.

The really interesting thing was the change in political climate after Kennedy's death, Viet Nam, and LBJ's presidency, and the legislation passed post Kennedy. I am from TX and I still feel I have to apologize for LBJ. So sorry.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

"You wrote ass twice"

"I like ass"

topcat989

Quote:
its a historical methods class that's required for my major. the purpose is to just teach us how to do historical research through the use of primary and secondary sources. it's actually pretty interesting, i thought it would be dumb on the first day but it's shaping out to be a good class.

OIC. You have to admit, on paper, it looks pretty to have an entire semester of one class devoted solely to the JFK assassination

tanner9072

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
OIC. You have to admit, on paper, it looks pretty to have an entire semester of one class devoted solely to the JFK assassination

agreed. but my professor does a good job of keeping us interested and teaching us how to analyze evidence and how to distinguish between the reliable sources and the ones.

tanner9072

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
As to the events in Dealey Plaza, not much is uncertain about it. Warren Commision got it right.

The really interesting thing was the change in political climate after Kennedy's death, Viet Nam, and LBJ's presidency, and the legislation passed post Kennedy. I am from TX and I still feel I have to apologize for LBJ. So sorry.

being that i have lived in texas for the past 9 years, i too am sorry for LBJ. it always bothers me when i drive through austin and see the sign on i-35 for the LBJ library. it makes me wonder if he was the best person to have named a university library after. but then again, dont presidents get to choose where their library is? i know george bush's is at A&M and im pretty sure he picked that location.

UTRocketMan

What's the problem with LBJ? He was definitely one of the better presidents imho...

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
One of my classes this semester revolves entirely around the assassination of JFK. our whole objective for the class is to compose a ~20 page paper concerning what happened (or at least what we think happened) based on our own research. so i was just curious as to what The Pit population has to say about this very uncertain and interesting topic in american history.

do you believe in a multiple-gunmen assassination? single-gunman? do you believe fidel castro had anything to do with it? what is your opinion on the findings of the warren commission? etc.

personally, i believe that Oswald acted alone and had no motivation other than the fact that he was angry with the government and wanted to be remembered for something that made him stand out.

discuss.

He was ill and in constant pain and had himself killed to make sure his vision of landing on the moon was carried out.

also

Cocks

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
What's the problem with LBJ? He was definitely one of the better presidents imho...

UTRocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

Well, he was before my time, and Vietnam sucked. Put I personally liked the domestic policies he was pushing, and he seemed like the rare kind of president who knew how to play Congress to get shit done.

Opajew
old grizzled jew

Quote:
Well, he was before my time, and Vietnam sucked. Put I personally liked the domestic policies he was pushing, and he seemed like the rare kind of president who knew how to play Congress to get shit done.

get the fuck off of my genmay.

3-27-03.....

mark my words, the Athlon64 will be the GeForce FX of CPUs when it comes out. -the terabyte
mark my words - someday i will host a LAN this big.. sure, it'll be when im 35 or something, but i will.. -T

tanner9072

Quote:
...and he seemed like the rare kind of president who knew how to play Congress to get shit done.

he also knew how to rig elections and strong-arm other politicians into getting his way

Closed Thread