General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

siriusnova
Likes the Wiggles' Cock at 4am

then why complain?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Wixard

Islam has more than its fair share of issues. In theory islam may be peaceful, I've read 2 translations of the quran, and both were essentially the same. They were a bit abrasive, or it appeared to me.

Some of the worst people in history have been christian (or were raised christian) however, it is not the doctrine of the religion. The doctrine of christianity is peace at all costs. There is no middle ground and no debate, let them kill you if they want, but dont strike back.

During the early years of AD as the church was forming, they needed some justification to go to war.

In christianity, its widely accepted that "just" war is only permissble when some great wrong has been commited. The terms of carrying out war are frontal not at all similar to suicide bombings.

Comparing the religions on paper, christianity is more peaceful. That doesnt nessecarily mean islam is violent. Its just not as passive as christiantiy is. Although christianity has a scared past, anyone who follows the religion would never have done the inquisition, or the crusades for example. Those were not christian acts. There isnt a church in america and a church in europe who don't belive more or less the same things. Islam is differant, one imam (or whatever sort of person you compare) can vary greatly between another.

I don't think its a matter of islam being agressive, I think its a lack of concensus among middle eastern holy men. In other parts of the world, muslims are not from what I can tell more likely to do anything wrong than a christian or agnostic or what have you. In the middle east however, its the polar opposite. Why this is im not sure.

The only thing i can figure is no hope. With all the money that flows in from oil the streets should be lined with gold.

/Droning off

Last edited by Wixard; 07-09-2004 at 08:09 PM..

pwnzoriator
Kiddie Corral Material

Queen Pee(nis)
Elmo
I suck conservative cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrat
Ever heard of an abortion clinic doctor shooting?

How about an abortion clinic bombing?

Remeber when the ADL chief was arrested for ting to assasinate muslims in California?

Need I say more or will you shut up like a good little useful idiot when facts are brought to the table?
uh huh. those are rare examples of people going on their own little fantasy runs. many terrorists are constantly muslim.

siriusnova

wrong, most terrorists throughout history have not been muslim

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusnova
wrong, most terrorists throughout history have not been muslim

1. We are talking about terrorists today.

2. The very word ASASSIN comes from Saladins Assasiin whom the knights templar in the middle ages fought during the crsades periods. Heh Islam *invented* terrorism! Study your history.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkPhoenix
I don't know if I would call it hate or ignorance, just selective memory. Catholicism has one of the more violent histories of any religion. We just choose not to read or talk about it.
fixt

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:

For many Christians, Muslim arabs are nothing more then animals, go to any Christian forum and ask.
Ask yourself: how many would have felt this way 4-5 years ago? Most would say they probably didn't give it much thought. Personally I was always fascinated by the rich and ancient history of the middle east as well as the people who could trace their lineage back thousands of years, but lately my perception has changed and all of that seems overshadowed by what is going on in many countries in the ME.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
then why complain?
Because they are killing Americans?

siriusnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison
Because they are killing Americans?

then stop killing them, treating them like animals, and supporting dictators who kill them on a daily basis.

mike27
crt expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixard
Islam has more than its fair share of issues. In theory islam may be peaceful, I've read 2 translations of the quran, and both were essentially the same. They were a bit abrasive, or it appeared to me.

Some of the worst people in history have been christian (or were raised christian) however, it is not the doctrine of the religion. The doctrine of christianity is peace at all costs. There is no middle ground and no debate, let them kill you if they want, but dont strike back.

During the early years of AD as the church was forming, they needed some justification to go to war.

In christianity, its widely accepted that "just" war is only permissble when some great wrong has been commited. The terms of carrying out war are frontal not at all similar to suicide bombings.

Comparing the religions on paper, christianity is more peaceful. That doesnt nessecarily mean islam is violent. Its just not as passive as christiantiy is. Although christianity has a scared past, anyone who follows the religion would never have done the inquisition, or the crusades for example. Those were not christian acts. There isnt a church in america and a church in europe who don't belive more or less the same things. Islam is differant, one imam (or whatever sort of person you compare) can vary greatly between another.

I don't think its a matter of islam being agressive, I think its a lack of concensus among middle eastern holy men. In other parts of the world, muslims are not from what I can tell more likely to do anything wrong than a christian or agnostic or what have you. In the middle east however, its the polar opposite. Why this is im not sure.

The only thing i can figure is no hope. With all the money that flows in from oil the streets should be lined with gold.

/Droning off

holy shit an intelligent post in the pit

this is a rarity

AllUranusBelong2Me!

Quote:
i call ,

if you think Christianity is no longer a major factor in western policy you obviously haven't taken a look at the United States's Christian Profile. Christianity still plays a HUGE part in politics and relationships for the United States.

The way some muslims see it the opposite could be said true for the middle east: religious furvor of the Christian world is responsible for the danger and violence in the world today.

To them Fundamentalist Christians blindly support a apartheid theocratic regime, without regard for international law and the ignore the consequences of oppressing an entire people for the sole purpose of creating a "pure" state because Christians believe that somehow the oppressor's are "Chosen Ones". Fundamentalist Christians go as far as to believe that for the Rapture to happen, prophecy must be fulfilled, and that means expelling all non jewish folks from the greater israel and the destruction of the Al Aqsa Mosque to rebuild the Temple Mount.

You think Christianity has nothing to do with the United States politically? Tell me again what are the biggest campaign issues for the coming election, you know those pesky Moral issues like the Marriage Amendment, Gay Marriage, etc. If you think Bush's religious panderings to the Christian Coalition and other groups had nothing to do with his win in the election and his appeal to the Conservatives, NeoConservatives, and Evangelical Community, you are very naive.

Christianity has SHAPED the United States and still continues to do so today. If you think not, then you obviously don't know what you are talking about, drive around the heartland of the USA to get a clue.

it's like a pot calling kettle black
You're so full of shit I'll bet your skin is turning brown.
Israeli Arabs have it better than most Arabs in the Muslim world.
Their position certainly isn't perfect, but then again, nobody's is.
The only Muslim country in the ME with relative freedom is Turkey, a non-Arab country.

I'm curious how many Jews and Christians live freely and prosper in the ME Mulim countries Sirius Nova. I'll bet it's far less than the Palestinians.

The problem with fucktards like you, is that you can criticize others without cleaning you're own house first.

Oh yeah, what's a dhimmi again?
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

Last edited by AllUranusBelong2Me!; 07-10-2004 at 08:58 PM..

siriusnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me!
You're so full of shit I'll bet your skin is turning brown.
Israeli Arabs have it better than most Arabs in the Muslim world.
Their position certainly isn't perfect, but then again, nobody's is.
The only Muslim country in the ME with relative freedom is Turkey, a non-Arab country.

I'm curious how many Jews and Christians live freely and prosper in the ME Mulim countries Sirius Nova. I'll bet it's far less than the Palestinians.

The problem with fucktards like you, is that you can criticize others without cleaning you're own house first.

Oh yeah, what's a dhimmi again?

Hey Fuck you back pal,
Put down the acetone filled crackpipe, Israeli Arabs do NOT have it better than most Arabs. Israeli Arabs have different colored licensce plates, and ID cards due to their religious background. Same goes for Christians, and any OTHER Non Jewish folk. this leads to wide spread discriminiation and downright apartheid in most cases.

Funny, how you talk about how Turkey is a "free" country, when in reality it is nothing more then a enforced secularist government out of touch with the entire country. They discriminate with their retarded "secularist" policies against people who may wear muslim garb. They also go around locking up political opponents who criticize the out of touch secularist policies of the government. Turkey's "Freedom" is a joke.

Christians and especially Jews lived for centuries in peace in Muslim countries. Read a history book or two, infact CHRISTIAN countries were the ones going around expelling, and slaughtering Jews since god knows when. And Dhimmitude has not been in effect in over 300 years. Compared to the racist history of the United State in the past 50 years itself and most of the Christian world (slavery, inquisitions, etc..) It's nothing more of a pin prick in a full body 3rd degree burn.

Christians like you whining about Islam's inequities are retards because your OWN religion has been the cause of so much pain and suffering in the world.

AllUranusBelong2Me!

It's true that Christians caused much strife in the world in the past.
The predominant cause of terrorism is extremest Muslims. Not Islam itself.
I'm Jewish btw, not Christian, and have also lived and travelled in the mid-east.
I find it highly amusing that you begrudge Israel it's tiny sliver of land when 98% of the ME is controlled by Muslims.

Jews did live in Muslim countries in relative peace, but that was because they didn't pose a threat.
They were also dhimmis along with Christians. Let me know how the Coptic Christians in Eqypt are doing, or the Assyrians in Iraq, or the Zoroatrians are doing Iran. Israeli Arabs are not forced to convert to Judaism, unlike the aforementioned groups.
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

pwnzoriator
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me!
Jews did live in Muslim countries in relative peace, but that was because they didn't pose a threat.
They were also dhimmis along with Christians. Let me know how the Coptic Christians in Eqypt are doing, or the Assyrians in Iraq, or the Zoroatrians are doing Iran. Israeli Arabs are not forced to convert to Judaism, unlike the aforementioned groups.
It's because jews are a closed group and when you decides when the next recession will happen or when planes crashes in buldings you don't need and can't afford new members.

Hum really, isn't is there shit about jew blood, your dad needs to be jewish for you to be?