General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

hitnrun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
Not really current fission fussion devices are cleaner than burning coal if you dont use them as a ground burst device. Just pure volcanic glass type smooothhhhnessss with a slight testical destroying afterglow

ultimate lurker, never see you post - M|22

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Not really current fission fussion devices are cleaner than burning coal if you dont use them as a ground burst device. Just pure volcanic glass type smooothhhhnessss with a slight testical destroying afterglow

Given the Arab custom of immediately swarming over any disaster site to look for survivors, loot, and shout whatever it is they're shouting if they're mad about something, nuking Mecca would probably have the added benefit of sterilizing millions who came rushing to the city to yell and scream in protest (I always thought this habit silly, but to each his own, I guess).

Magik Smoke

I'm thinking we should just cluster bomb mecca during the hajji.

Also we should get all the major desalinization plants, water wells and oasis in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Syria.

Then start taking out the rail links, airports, ports and major roads.

No WMD involved and by the end of a week a billion people would be dead. By the end of a month it would be two billion.

If we confiscated all their banking assets during that same period, they would never recover.

And we would have the "moral superiority" of not using WMD in our response.

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
Given the Arab custom of immediately swarming over any disaster site to look for survivors, loot, and shout whatever it is they're shouting if they're mad about something, nuking Mecca would probably have the added benefit of sterilizing millions who came rushing to the city to yell and scream in protest (I always thought this habit silly, but to each his own, I guess).

nice thought.

we are in a war. our enemy knows that media manipulation can be a very powerful weapon to be used against us. 'splains the "custom" of swarming to the cameras -- programmed and primed to weep and gnash their teeth -- at the drop of a hat. from a propaganda perspective , I admire their skill.

fatrat

Quote:
fatrat you don't know dick about suitcase nukes. Try 60 lbs max for a 2 megaton device. Thanks for playing.

Yeah? Can you show me a working model?

You can't. Know why? Because 60lbs of unshielded uranium would literally expose you to enough radiation that you would die within days. Wanna know the exposure level of such a pile? Somewhere around 700 rem an hour.

Your body can only absorb about 250 rem before irreversible damage happens.

The only way you can prevent that from happening is shielding, shitloads of it.

Like I said before, even the governator couldn't pick up that kind of nuke.

Magik Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrat
Yeah? Can you show me a working model?

You can't. Know why? Because 60lbs of unshielded uranium would literally expose you to enough radiation that you would die within days. Wanna know the exposure level of such a pile? Somewhere around 700 rem an hour.

Your body can only absorb about 250 rem before irreversible damage happens.

The only way you can prevent that from happening is shielding, shitloads of it.

Like I said before, even the governator couldn't pick up that kind of nuke.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ssia/suitcase/

granted... the "suitcase nuke" and SADM are only one to five KT in yield but that five KT is large enough to take out just about every non-hardened target in the US.

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik Smoke

granted... the "suitcase nuke" and SADM are only one to five KT in yield but that five KT is large enough to take out just about every non-hardened target in the US.

just curious.

do you guys know the the power off the bomb used in the OKC bombing , relative to a "suitcase"?

I am trying to wrap my mind around this. My neice lives in a suburb of OKC and I travelled to her wedding in '97 and visited the site. the Murrah building had been demolished by that time , but what sticks in my memory is a reinforced concrete parking garage located ~ 200 yards from where the truck was parked , with about 1/4 of its facade blown off and chunks of concrete dangling at weird angles in midair suspended from rusting rebar. The power of that blast must have been awesome.

Magik Smoke

I think I remember hearing that the OKC bomb yielded about two tons of explosive force from four or five tons of ANFO.

So, maybe 2,000 to 3,000 times as powerful as the OKC bomb + EMP/radiation effects.

Bad fucking news by anyone's standards Think Hiroshima, Nagasaki sized blast

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
I think I remember hearing that the OKC bomb yielded about two tons of explosive force from four or five tons of ANFO.

So, maybe 2,000 to 3,000 times as powerful as the OKC bomb + EMP/radiation effects.

scary shit.

methinks that if a "suitcase" is loosed anywhere in the western world , the Arabic portions of the middleast will cease to exist.

fatrat

Quote:

That is a helluva lot less than 2 megatons, but I think I know the reason they were never used. You still need shielding to hide the amount of material needed to do a fission bomb so it don't fry your ass while carrying it.

I'm willing to bet a coke the guy in the training film either was pulling a dud for safety's sake or died just from carrying the thing. Anybody ever interview him?

fatrat

Quote:

Bullshit

Your 'suitcase nuke" only yielded 5 kilotons. Not Megatons.

Your math just owned you.

fatrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub
scary shit.

methinks that if a "suitcase" is loosed anywhere in the western world , the Arabic portions of the middleast will cease to exist.

If it exists, yeah. But is it very useful outside of being attached to a rocket and launched?

Magik Smoke

Quote:
Bullshit

Your 'suitcase nuke" only yielded 5 kilotons. Not Megatons.

Your math just owned you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=kiloton

<edit>

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=megaton

Magik Smoke

Quote:
If it exists, yeah. But is it very useful outside of being attached to a rocket and launched?

Yeah, god knows we would never see a fundie muslim pull a kamikaze attack.

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:

methinks , yes , it could be very useful , if put in a rented truck and parked in the middle of a city.