General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
bigB
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre
1. the u.s. made amistad and falcon dams
2. the tributaries are in mexico...it's their water.
3. youre fucking stupid if you think south texas farmers dont use water from the rio grande

are you even from here?

edit: let's not forget the severe drought that south texas has been in for the past 10 years or more



the tributaries come from both countries asshat(the rio conchos, the pecos, the colorado)
the south end of the rockies and from the mexican state of Chihuahua
http://mrgbi.fws.gov/Resources/Dams/

And yes i realise that farmers in the rio grande valley would use the river for irrigation if that was possible but for sometime farmers have been able to get little if any water from the rio grande

yes i was born is south texas


edit:
The 1944 treaty dictates that Mexico provide the United States one-third of all water that flows from six Rio Grande tributaries, or a minimum of 350,000 acre-feet per year. In return, the United States must deliver to Mexico at least 1.5 million acre feet of water per year from the Colorado River, which flows south of the border from Arizona.

The United States has kept up its end of the treaty every year since 1950. Mexico, however, has accumulated a deficit of 1.4 million acre feet
__________________
i never said the JFK thing. all i know is that it was inside job because he knew about the alien alliance and was going to reveal it.--joe pits
Gen[M]ay drunks club
bd186408d26b359105a34a432ddc0623 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.

Last edited by bigB; 07-12-2004 at 11:02 AM..
Old 07-12-2004, 10:58 AM bigB is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

AllUranusBelong2Me!
 
Hey, I'm not saying that they can't work here if they come here legally.
But they're taking out, far more than they're putting in. Plus, most of that money leaves the country, going back to support their families in Mexico. Or we can charge Mexico for all the public services they're using. Perhaps taking oil in lieu of money.
In fact, now that that I think about it, we should just send Mexico a bill for all the inmates we care for, heathcare we provide, border patrol salaries, educational services, welfare, etc.
__________________
BrahmaADF - Gotta love non-white white supremacists.
Sanjay - Wow. an Iranian nazi. What are you a beige supremacist?
Debaser - The only "white" on Aldaris is all the semen running down his chin...
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris

Last edited by AllUranusBelong2Me!; 07-12-2004 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-12-2004, 11:01 AM AllUranusBelong2Me! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

k1114
sanjay's love child
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me!
Hey, I'm not saying that they can't work here if they come here legally.
But they're taking out, far more than they're putting in. Plus, most of that money leaves the country, going back to support their families in Mexico. Or we can charge Mexico for all the public services they're using. Perhaps taking oil in lieu of money.
In fact, now that that I think about it, we should just send Mexico a bill for all the inmates we care for, heathcare we provide, border patrol salaries, educational services, welfare, etc.

The cheque would bounce. Mexico can't afford to support its own people, hence they are fleeing here for work.
__________________
kk
Old 07-12-2004, 11:08 AM k1114 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

Galactus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzoriator
Reminds me of the half empty half full bottle problem.

It is unfortunate that you see the problem of the Berlin Wall in such an analogous way. Frankly, the Berlin Wall was intended to be a symbol of The Iron Curtains rejection of western ideals against its communist ideology. Keeping people in by using the Wall was Moscow's way of saying that The West would not interfere with how it indoctrinated 'it's' people.

Besides, the glass is always half full. You always start with an empty glass and fill it.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:18 PM Galactus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

Herne
 
Herne's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me!
Hey, I'm not saying that they can't work here if they come here legally.
But they're taking out, far more than they're putting in. Plus, most of that money leaves the country, going back to support their families in Mexico. Or we can charge Mexico for all the public services they're using. Perhaps taking oil in lieu of money.
In fact, now that that I think about it, we should just send Mexico a bill for all the inmates we care for, heathcare we provide, border patrol salaries, educational services, welfare, etc.
Personally I agree with you. Unfortunately it would probably result in the total collapse of the Mexican economy. Of course personally I could give two shits about that, but again there are those who feel a collapse would have detrimental effects upon our own economic strength. Which is why we are always forgiving loans to Mexico or allowing them to refinance loans with us because they cant afford to repay us but instead of A)holding them accountable and letting their economy take the hit or B)Wiping the loan off the books and letting our economy take the hit....we keep rolling it over as if someday Mexico is actually gonna repay it. LOL

Personally I only minored in economics, unlike poli sci, but to me it seems the Mexican economy already is in the toilet and is only being artificially inflated and kept alive by international loans and aid. I say let it sink to its natural low and then rebuild based upon its actual value. In other words stick it to them....and fuck what happens.

But of course some critical French or other European fag would once again blame the US for the outcome. No they wouldnt blame the corruption and lack of real political and socio-economic change in Mexico for bringing this about....they would blame us. So we keep them floating along like some mother on welfare with no intention or motivation for getting off.

Edit: But given the choice between bettering the lives of Americans or Mexicans....well sorry...but I vote to better the lives of my own citizens over anyone else everytime. And our current policy toward illegal immigrants and Mexico in general is fucking our own country over. I say its time we put an end to it.
__________________
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
-Michael Corleone, 'Godfather 2'
The ownage is present.
-TheRedManThatCould
BEST 19K EVER!
-DigitalMocking
Old 07-12-2004, 01:04 PM Herne is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

O.F.Fascist
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLurk-MK2
An arab can fit in with "mexicans" if he keeps his mouth shut. an arab stands out on the northern border.

What about that that you are always taking about, how the Israelis are really the brown people and the Palestinians are white.

So what if they send white Palestinians terrorists to Canada, they can blend in all they have to do is keep thier mouths shut.

Besides it wouldnt matter what color the skin of the person is because Canada will give asylum to damn near everyone who can afford the plane ticket there.

Quote:
If you think an area where hundreds of undocumented people can cross without getting caught isnt going to be exed by terrorists, your full of shit
Like I said before why would Muslim terrorists risk dying in the desert to get to the US, or risk getting caught by the border patrol (yeah they suck but people still occasionally get caught), when they can just cross over from Canada.

Terrorist fuckers arent poor they can afford the plane ticket to Canada unlike the Mexican illegals.

Quote:
oh wiat, i forgot. you are a mexican. your people are here to rape america. and your ideas prove it.
Bullshit. Any problems that the US has today is all the fault of the whites. They were and still are the ones in power. Dont blame Mexicans for the various fucked up laws in this country we didnt pass them.
__________________
Fascism > Socialism
Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex
Old 07-12-2004, 01:40 PM O.F.Fascist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

Nuntius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.Fascist
Bullshit. Any problems that the US has today is all the fault of the whites. They were and still are the ones in power. Dont blame Mexicans for the various fucked up laws in this country we didnt pass them.

Right, because latinos don't constitute a huge voting block for the white guys who make proposals

What the hell was that comment Churchill made about America recognizing Israel? "They're always having elections over there" ? You have to be dense to think that politicians in places like cali, nm, and texas don't pander to voters of mexican extraction.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:55 PM Nuntius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

Wren5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.Fascist
Bullshit. Any problems that the US has today is all the fault of the whites. They were and still are the ones in power. Dont blame Mexicans for the various fucked up laws in this country we didnt pass them.
Latinos make up a large voting block. The only thing I've heard a hardline democrat and hardline republican agree on in months is that if Bush can get 70% of the Latino vote then he'll win the election hands-down. I can probably find you a transcript of his speech to that huge league of Latino ogranizations if you want.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:02 PM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

O.F.Fascist
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius
Right, because latinos don't constitute a huge voting block for the white guys who make proposals

Geez I thought Congress still voted on things, I didnt realize that one white guy who panders to Hispanics in his district could pass a law all by himself without having to have the rest of the guys with no/few hispanics in thier districts having to vote for it.
__________________
Fascism > Socialism
Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex
Old 07-12-2004, 02:30 PM O.F.Fascist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

Nuntius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.Fascist
Geez I thought Congress still voted on things, I didnt realize that one white guy who panders to Hispanics in his district could pass a law all by himself without having to have the rest of the guys with no/few hispanics in thier districts having to vote for it.

Not all fucked up laws are federal, hombre.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:36 PM Nuntius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

crazymike
I am a dumb fag who needs a dumb TV show to tell me something thatís common knowledge. Then I make
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euklid
Better to put the military to patrol the border, not just with Mexico but Canada as well.


umm, there is not many problems with Canadians illegally passing over to the US

And how would you get all your precious soft lumber that your govn't put up a stink about?
__________________
Just once I'd like to meet a girl whose last name wasn't .jpg

[J]eep Club: Shmoblar, Striker169, Trekman8, Crazymike, Whitefrog, PiMpY, Woe, Gearhead
Old 07-12-2004, 03:02 PM crazymike is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

terrabyte
I'll suck any cock as long as it's liberal cock
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herne
Sorry bud but Im not conservative. I vote issues not party platform.

Fool. The party platforms ARE the issues. Many people pride themselves in being "independent," despite the fact that the summation of their beliefs does, and always will, correspond to one of our political parties in the United States, prominent or not. If you are so certain that you are not a Conservative (Republican), then let's start another thread on social issues AND economic issues, eh?

Quote:
Im dead center of the board. I vote "conservative" on certain issues, and liberal on others. I am a realist and vote for what works in a realisitic world rather than the ideal fantasy land that many politicians from both sides of the aisle would like to think would work.
Centrism does not equal realism, as Centrism is, in itself, an ideology much like being far left or right. Additionally, this premise doesn't add much to your argument, as I can substitute the word 'centrist' for 'liberal' and state that I am liberal because I am pragmatic. Of course, I'd like to think so, and I do my best to show how certain policies affect (and have affected) the United States as a whole, and whether or not they work. Immigration, illegal or not, is not hurting our country.

Quote:
Declaring people that crossing our border were seen as an invading force and could then be shot on site.....would quickly solve the illegal immigrant problem. I am all for legal immigration. I dont feel we should close our borders, but something needs to be done to stem the tide. This is certainly one solution that if implemented would in fact work.
Violence is unnecessary, and will not work, because these immigrants have nothing to lose. Additionally, when your son cheats on his homework, do you beat the living shit out of him to teach him a lesson?

Quote:
I also advocate the death penalty for child molesters, child abusers, serial rapists, DUI related vehicular homcides, and if we REALLY want to get rid of the drug problem......drug dealers with two or more convictions (they get one chance) as well.
Sorry, but the death penalty is not a deterrent.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:07 PM terrabyte is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

Snakebyt
 
shoot them fuckers on sight
__________________
Ries is the best member evar
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

1088160282
faa46d9573bfffd3be2a8a2eaa35811d [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:04 PM Snakebyt is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

Phyre
[M]ale Hottie
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigB
And yes i realise that farmers in the rio grande valley would use the river for irrigation if that was possible but for sometime farmers have been able to get little if any water from the rio grande

...god....dude....seriously...just fucking take a walk along the river...youre telling me all the farms that are within 1 mile of it get their water from elsewhere?
__________________
"you apparently missed the dance dance revolution" -jive
Old 07-12-2004, 08:48 PM Phyre is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
People hide in cargo containers and cross the pacific to get here. Do you really think a wall will stop them?

We need to help other nations to be better then their citizens would have opportunities in their own countries and they wouldn't feel the need to flee to our nation. I am all for better border security but I don't think building a wall will cut it.

You need gun towers.

just kidding

Seriously. If we help make the places the people are fleeing from more liveable then they will not flee here and everyone will benefit because as the nations develop they will become customers for our products and services instead of people needing our help. It may be a silly hippie plan but if you don't like it then come up with a bette solution.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-12-2004, 11:29 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.