General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gong

Who the F*** cares about gay marriage?

Our policies should aim to strengthen families, not undermine them. And changing the definition of traditional marriage will undermine the family structure.

I'm sorry, I don't think gay couples will produce quite as bad a projected divorce rate of one-third/one-half that the general populus has now.

What the hell impact does this have on the nation? More marriages = more business for tourism (honeymoons), for catering, for department stores' gift registries, for transportation industry. More marriages = fewer people dedicating their lives to fighting for rights, subsequently reducing GDP and efficiency.

What is being accomplished by barring same-sex marriages? Keeping the fags out of your field of vision?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Homosexuals make up a tiny fraction of the population. Those that would get married make up an even tinier fraction of that.

Claiming it'll make a difference tourism wise because of honeymoons is really grasping at straws.
.......v.

SNaray8442

If we allow homosexuals to marry, it won't be soon till we have to let a man and a dog marry or a woman and a horse.

/sarcasm

Wren5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfivis
What is being accomplished by barring same-sex marriages? Keeping the fags out of your field of vision?
Not that I think it's right, but just to answer the question: It's keeping the tax revenue from taking another hit. You get tax breaks from getting married, you know? Military spouse benefits in some cases too.

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren5
Not that I think it's right, but just to answer the question: It's keeping the tax revenue from taking another hit. You get tax breaks from getting married, you know? Military spouse benefits in some cases too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but recent evidence indicates that homosexuals aren't allowed in the American military.

During my interview here, I was told that although homosexuals are allowed in our military, under no circumstances is any kind of allowance granted to a homosexual partner of any sort, whereas even defacto heterosexual relationships are granted allowances.

Canada doesn't have a military.

So... what military are you talking about?
.......v.

Wren5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but recent evidence indicates that homosexuals aren't allowed in the American military.

During my interview here, I was told that although homosexuals are allowed in our military, under no circumstances is any kind of allowance granted to a homosexual partner of any sort, whereas even defacto heterosexual relationships are granted allowances.

Canada doesn't have a military.

So... what military are you talking about?
Since about 6 years ago the American military has changed policy. My family friend in the Army calls it the DAD-T policy. I think it's "don't ask, don't tell". You're allowed to do whatever homosexual acts you feel like when on leave or off duty, but they'll throw you out for telling superiour officers that you're a homosexual. (You know, it's a great way to start a conversation that leads to a fistfight and such.)

homer1300

our country is run by homophobes

/thread

ea771c2a4db83d092b7cf870edc4ec39

Geotpf

Elections are won and lost on secondary issues such as this. That's the way it works.

terrabyte
I'll suck any cock as long as it's liberal cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaray8442
If we allow homosexuals to marry, it won't be soon till we have to let a man and a dog marry or a woman and a horse.

/sarcasm

Just for shits and giggles, let's assume you're being serious.

1) Europe disproves.
2) So what?

Herne

I heard on Armed Forces Radio yesterday here in Iraq that Bush is seeking to have congress pass a Constitutional Amendment declaring marriage to be only recognized as a union between a man and a woman. Anyone else heard this?
-TheRedManThatCould
BEST 19K EVER!
-DigitalMocking

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herne
I heard on Armed Forces Radio yesterday here in Iraq that Bush is seeking to have congress pass a Constitutional Amendment declaring marriage to be only recognized as a union between a man and a woman. Anyone else heard this?

you're just now hearing that?

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herne

I can't see where he fucking gets off using the constitution to legislate morality. They tried that once with prohibition and it failed miserably.

But why would Bush feel the need for an amendment? Why not a law? Because he knows there's a damn good chance the Supreme Court will strike it down. So apparently Bush thinks the Bill of Rights has one too many.

4/7/2009 mathlete became Dr. mathlete

Last edited by mathlete; 07-12-2004 at 08:17 AM..

Night

there's really more problems in the world so solve, and in your own country then to be really concerned with 2 consenting adults wanting to be together.

crime, poverty, medical attention are the first things to come to mind.

this is how i feel about trivial stuff like gay marriage anyway.
it's just cheap vote grabbing rather than focusing on the real issues.

Herne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano
you're just now hearing that?
Yeah, sorry. Been busy the past couple of days and been unable to asorb anything from CNN or other places that wasnt work involved.

I feel it should be left up to the inidividual states. Which is why we should overturn Roe-v-Wade as well...abortion should be state regulated as well.

Announcing this so close to election time is an obvious bid for votes, and he doesnt have the votes in congress to get a 2/3 pass rate on the amendment and he knows it, which is why it's also an obvious political ploy. He knows it wont pass, but is announcing it anyway.
-TheRedManThatCould
BEST 19K EVER!
-DigitalMocking

l1dERfRzpRdVmb4SS
Xjagger
It took almost eight months to get here, and Augie had to donate the credit. <3 Kabn.

Religious fanatics care. They're trying to push their morals and gospel on everyone to "save them" from going to hell. It goes hand-in-hand with racism, homophobia and attempts to sneak religion into government functions.

*cough* Evangelist neocons *cough*