General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

plex

Communism happening?

I don't know but to me, it seems that a lot of corporations are merger with each other and fewer are competing with others but rather competing against themselves. I wonder, how long until the country is ran by a few if not only 1 or 2 corporations and by a select elite few? Sure, it's not pure communism (barrows some aspects) but pure communism can erupt from this.

Scary to think about.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Wren5

Anti-trust laws. I doubt any corporation would ever get away with paying all people the same wages anyway.

Selj

Its a monopoly, not communism

gReen

pure communism?
You are a lame duck mother fucker. I hate you. Please go flip a few pages and come back with another try. You mother fucker.

VoodoochildBC
cutie patootie <3 bonnie

Pure communism is defined as:
Quote:
"A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members."

-Dictionary.com
Pure communism has never actually been put into practice.

So the better definition of what you're describing is a monopoly or a group of monopolies.

Nuntius

This would be more of a feudal system, which is practically the opposite of communism. That is, if it were happening at all. Which it isn't.

humbabba

monopolies are one of the diseases of a capitalist system.

Corporations have the responsibility to their shareholders to make profit.

In a proto-communist system the idea is that the "companies" would be responsible to the people, not to profit.

Zazie the Beast

monopolies or imperialism

the communism u know and hate is actually stalinism.
Pure communism is the abolision of private property, acquisition (sp) social equality, and establishment of production standard. There are little restrictive properties, but after Stalins reign, communism has been deemed with a 'faceless, socially remote' impression.

kinda sux

Carl Rove
Schmuck
Why do people like you listen to me? You realized everything I say is a load of bullshit?

What you are talking about is corporations becoming extremely powerful and merging with the state apparatus, which is more like fascism than communism. Though the route differs the result is much the same - centralised political and economic power, and then totalitarianism and immense suffering.

Currently being spied on by ECHELON (Anthrax Terrorist Bomb etc.)

UK Represent

möbiustrip

Who cares what it actually means. "Communism" has functioned perfectly well as a synonym for "suck-ism" for over thirty years. A handful of corporations owning almost all the production in America will no doubt usher in an era of suck-ism.

mike27
crt expert

monopolies have nothing to do with communism

Zazie the Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
Who cares what it actually means. "Communism" has functioned perfectly well as a synonym for "suck-ism" for over thirty years. A handful of corporations owning almost all the production in America will no doubt usher in an era of suck-ism.

ya?

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

You must be an economics major!
.......v.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex
I don't know but to me, it seems that a lot of corporations are merger with each other and fewer are competing with others but rather competing against themselves. I wonder, how long until the country is ran by a few if not only 1 or 2 corporations and by a select elite few? Sure, it's not pure communism (barrows some aspects) but pure communism can erupt from this.

Scary to think about.

Put the cyberpunk game down and step away from the zaibatsu

Sanchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex

Scary to think about.

I dont know what companies you are looking at but the ones I see being bought up are the ones that would be going out of buisness anyways.

Our country already went through this. Early 20th century. Teddy Rosevent and Taft help fix that mess. If that happens again we will have more patriots stand up and break down these corperations.