General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
line em up, knock em down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Feb2.html

Questions about Bush's Guard service first surfaced during the 2000 presidential race, when he ran against Vice President Al Gore, a Vietnam veteran. A review of Bush's military records shows that Bush enjoyed preferential treatment as the son of a then-congressman, when he walked into a Texas Guard unit in Houston two weeks before his 1968 graduation from Yale and was moved to the top of a long waiting list.

It was an era when service in the Guard was a coveted assignment, often associated with efforts to avoid active duty in Vietnam. Bush was accepted for pilot training after having scored only 25 percent on the pilot's aptitude test, the lowest acceptable grade.

In 2000, the Boston Globe examined a period from May 1972 to May 1973 and found no record that Bush performed any Guard duties, either in Alabama or Houston, although he was still enlisted.

According to military records obtained by The Washington Post, Bush first requested and received permission in May 1972 to be transferred to the Alabama National Guard so he could work on a U.S. Senate campaign. After he was in Alabama, he received notice from the Guard personnel center that he was "ineligible" for the Air Reserve Squadron he requested.

In August 1972, Bush was suspended from flying because he failed to complete an annual medical exam. A month later, Bush requested to be assigned to a different unit in Alabama and was approved. Although he was required to attend periodic drills in Alabama, there is no official record in his file that he did.

Yeah? Did you even read the fucking articles, particularly the dates, before you got an ultra huge Liberal anti-Bush boner? Rather wasn't just calling into question Bush's military service, he claimed to have memos directly from Bush's commanding officer, but they were discovered to be forgeries. It had nothing to do with his military service being called into question. It had everything to do with forging documents and then releasing them to the public shortly before the election in an attempt to discredit Bush further (something he did well enough on his own) and boost Kerry's chances. But oh, left-wing jorunalists NEVER do that, right?

Fuck man, even Dan Rather and CBS apologized.

Go do some fucking reading before you further embarrass yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents

Quote:
Rather stated, "if I knew then what I know now I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question,"[13] and CBS News President Andrew Heyward said, "Based on what we now know, CBS News cannot prove that the documents are authentic, which is the only acceptable journalistic standard to justify using them in the report. We should not have used them. That was a mistake, which we deeply regret."

Several months later, a CBS-appointed panel led by Dick Thornburgh and Louis Boccardi criticized both the initial CBS news segment and CBS' "strident defense" during the aftermath.[15] CBS fired producer Mary Mapes, several senior news executives were asked to resign, and CBS apologized to viewers. The panel did not specifically consider whether the documents were forgeries but concluded that the producers had failed to authenticate them and cited "substantial questions regarding the authenticity of the Killian documents."
Thanks for coming out. Try harder next time. Your willful ignorance of basic facts and refusal to believe Rather did anything wrong when even he himself admitted to it is pathetic man, no offense.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 AM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

AllUranusBelong2Me!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Of course you agree with him, you're both racist. At least he has the fucking sack to come out with his shit, you're just a fucking loser.

Bullshit cocksucker. I'm not racist; I have personal prejudices just like everyone else on Earth. I have friends of every color, religion and sexual orientation. Now go hump an icicle.
__________________
BrahmaADF - Gotta love non-white white supremacists.
Sanjay - Wow. an Iranian nazi. What are you a beige supremacist?
Debaser - The only "white" on Aldaris is all the semen running down his chin...
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris
Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 PM AllUranusBelong2Me! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Yeah I remember when Hillary Clinton explained her paranoia, because we all know no politician ever thinks the media is out to get them, except in that one case.
That really has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Read: I agree with their bias, so they're not lying.
You don't understand anything about the media structure in the US and your elementary "Both sides are equally bad" common sense garbage doesn't apply to reality.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:35 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

Patriotic Eagle
 
Patriotic Eagle's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
By state murder I presume you mean government funded abortions?
I'm of course talking about US military actions abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
Blah blah blah I suck Obama's cock. BLAH BLAH BLAH you're all Nazis.
No not really. It's easy for you to dismiss criticism by adopting the same stance Tom and many other people unfortunately have, that both sides are equally bad and if you criticize one side too strongly, it automatically invalidates your criticism. This is a useful cultural phenomenon centered around the right and moderates maintaining power which insulates Democrats from left wing criticism and allows Republicans to dismiss all criticism outside of the accepted mainstream (which has been carefully calculated over the years to give the impression of debate while keeping the public ignorant), however correct it may be, as the rantings of the "far left".

I hope in the future you make an effort to educate yourself and realize how you've just been a useful idiot.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 PM Patriotic Eagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

AllUranusBelong2Me!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
I'm of course talking about US military actions abroad.

No not really. It's easy for you to dismiss criticism by adopting the same stance Tom and many other people unfortunately have, that both sides are equally bad and if you criticize one side too strongly, it automatically invalidates your criticism. This is a useful cultural phenomenon centered around the right and moderates maintaining power which insulates Democrats from left wing criticism and allows Republicans to dismiss all criticism outside of the accepted mainstream (which has been carefully calculated over the years to give the impression of debate while keeping the public ignorant), however correct it may be, as the rantings of the "far left".

I hope in the future you make an effort to educate yourself and realize how you've just been a useful idiot.
Ironic that you've used the expression "useful idiot" as it's classically used to describe Soviet (aka communist) sympathizers. It's also a commonly used by Michael Savage, one of the more right-wing talk show host. I will state this again for the record. If someone on the right like Hannity (with the inaccurate video of protesters) or Limbaugh say something that isn't true, I will call them on it. It is the left that won't do the same for Olbermann and his ilk.
__________________
BrahmaADF - Gotta love non-white white supremacists.
Sanjay - Wow. an Iranian nazi. What are you a beige supremacist?
Debaser - The only "white" on Aldaris is all the semen running down his chin...
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris
Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 PM AllUranusBelong2Me! is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marbles View Post
Too late I got two kids a hot wife a nice house and my dream job.

voted McCain

weight=190lbs nice and slim.

When you lay in bed at night unable to sleep due to your failed pathetic life think about that.
Translation: fat, unhappy, voted for Paul but too ashamed to admit it
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 11-30-2009, 01:24 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
You accuse me of being a Republican hardliner when I don't take Republican hardliner positions on a variety of issues. Health insurance is but one of those issues, there are others. Your definition of left and right wing are completely skewed because you live in the hotbed of nanny state socialism. According to you, if I like a tax rate lower than 60% than I must suck GW's cock on a daily basis.
Republican hardliner? Who's said that?
Your unbiased political ideology in this current day and age, equates people talking about death squads for the elderly conjured by a marxist president to a clown like Olbermann. That tells more than enough about you.




Quote:
I don't have to watch Fox to tell you they're all alike. I read enough newspapers and watch enough news channels involving debate amongst highly partisan individuals. Regardless of the network or medium, they remain the same.

Either add something of value to this thread or STFU. Accusing me of being a Republican and watching Fox is not adding anything of value.
"I don't watch but it must suck! This, above all, makes me a centrist!"
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 11-30-2009, 01:27 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

Xayd
 
because his religion thinks they must convert the world, so they can justify anything up to and including murder, as long as it's followed by a prayer meeting.

thus he can justify trying to employ the republican propaganda ministry's straw arguments because jeebus told him to.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:35 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
because his religion thinks they must convert the world, so they can justify anything up to and including murder, as long as it's followed by a prayer meeting.

thus he can justify trying to employ the republican propaganda ministry's straw arguments because jeebus told him to.

I think you missed Tom making you look pretty stupid.

Or are you just ignoring it?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:34 PM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
If someone on the right like Hannity (with the inaccurate video of protesters) or Limbaugh say something that isn't true, I will call them on it. It is the left that won't do the same for Olbermann and his ilk.

How great that the right has you as a watchdog then, if only there could be some leftie basement-dwelling nerd who could be their watchdog and call them on their bs, the world would be awesome.

Its actually kinda funny (mostly pathetic though) how you think/feel that the right is any different.

Show me the great rightwing broadside against the major rightwing talking heads for lies they've pulled.

Fgs they adore Limbaugh and praise a 13yr old kid as the new conservative jesus!

Both sides condemn the other side for doing one thing, but when their side does it it gets praise/excuses.
Both sides are fucking retarded.


EOD
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 12-04-2009, 03:51 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllUranusBelong2Me! View Post
By state murder I presume you mean government funded abortions?

You wanna raise all those unwanted babies?

Oh, I know, lets just give them over to the state, that works out SO well so often, doesn't it? Not like its a breeding ground for criminals or anything, no no.

No wait, I know!

Lets throw more money at abstinence programs, they work so FUCKING INSANELY WELL ITS INSANE AND NOT AT ALL LIKE THEY ACTUALLY WORSEN THE PROBLEM THEY ARE TRYING TO FUCKING FIX
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 12-04-2009, 04:03 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

Xayd
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
I think you missed Tom making you look pretty stupid.

Or are you just ignoring it?

everyone but him and you who spends 2 minutes on google can find out that all of the accusations were basically true.

it's a pretty pathetic argument....

"zomg this guy reported on documents that turned out to be illegitimate"

yeah but everything in the documents turned out to be true

"GRAND LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS CONSPIRACY"

NOT REALLY, EVERYTHING IN THE DOCUMENTS IS STILL TRUE

that about sums it up.

now, shall we go on to faux's coverage of the swiftboat vets?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#117  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Republican hardliner? Who's said that?

I can't post in any thread without you coming in talking about how I secretly fuck Sarah Palin like I'm Tiger Woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Your unbiased political ideology in this current day and age, equates people talking about death squads for the elderly conjured by a marxist president to a clown like Olbermann. That tells more than enough about you.

All those partisan show hosts are cut from the same cloth. The only difference between them is the GOP supporters try to convince you they're more patriotic, and the Dems try to convince you they're more "educated". At the end of the day, they're all the same. I have no idea what this has to do with my ideology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
"I don't watch but it must suck! This, above all, makes me a centrist!"

Don't watch != never seen. I have no idea what you're going on about. I've already stated clearly I'm fiscally conservative, socially moderate, and I don't think I've said anything on here that would contradict that. On an American political scale, that puts me in the middle of the spectrum. But there you go with your "you're a Republican" type accusations again. In any case, it appears you're more interested in trolling in an attempt to get a rise out of me than you are in discussing any particular issue.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 12-05-2009, 10:29 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#118  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
everyone but him and you who spends 2 minutes on google can find out that all of the accusations were basically true.

it's a pretty pathetic argument....

"zomg this guy reported on documents that turned out to be illegitimate"

yeah but everything in the documents turned out to be true

"GRAND LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS CONSPIRACY"

NOT REALLY, EVERYTHING IN THE DOCUMENTS IS STILL TRUE

that about sums it up.

now, shall we go on to faux's coverage of the swiftboat vets?

So in short what you're saying is that it was ok for Dan Rather to fabricate documents because later on someone discovered that Bush's military service was less than stellar? Great, I love your yardstick for media quality. In short, what this really means is if it's left wing, it's fine, whatever it takes.

And actually everything in the documents wasn't true, as you should know. That was what the problem was in the first place. But it's ok because it was Dan Rather, it's not like he works for Fox, in which case it should have been illegal.

And we already know Fox News sucks. You bringing up the Swift Vets would do nothing because it doesn't change the fact that you've just openly admitted you're fine with news people lying on air as long as you agree with the message.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#119  

Sinosec
 
Sinosec's Avatar
 
I think they already explained this to you.

Rather did not fabricate any documents. He admitted fault in accepting, at the time, unverified documents to further a sensational news story (one that was true).

The important part of the argument is that CBS accepted their share of responsibility, fired Rather and retracted everything. That's accountability that Fox has no interest in showing for itself.
__________________
((( IN STEREO )))
Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 AM Sinosec is offline  
Reply With Quote
#120  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.