General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
So in short what you're saying is that it was ok for Dan Rather to fabricate documents because later on someone discovered that Bush's military service was less than stellar? Great, I love your yardstick for media quality. In short, what this really means is if it's left wing, it's fine, whatever it takes.

what you are saying is that reporting true events with an unknowingly false source excuses using fake video edited to attempt to deceive the watcher, with the goal of supporting a lie that the presenter knew was a lie to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky
And yes, you caught me, being a Canadian I clearly watch Fox News every day of the week, and consider them my "friends". Please, my news comes largely from CBC and CNN, neither of which are right-wing or "Republican" as you Americans would identify them. All I've ever watched from Fox News was youtube clips people linked on the internet.

you're defending them not three posts above that, and attempting to defend them by misdirection ever since.

like i said, the blatant lies in the news come from conservative biased news. there is no biased mainstream news in the US other than conservative biased news. defending them is defending a news organization that deliberately lies to its viewers.

so back to the topic at hand...

so you say it's ok for conservative news agencies to lie to the public and call it news?

Last edited by Xayd; 12-07-2009 at 06:20 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DigitalChaos

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
what you are saying is that reporting true events with an unknowingly false source excuses using fake video edited to attempt to deceive the watcher, with the goal of supporting a lie that the presenter knew was a lie to start with.

you're defending them not three posts above that, and attempting to defend them by misdirection ever since.

like i said, the blatant lies in the news come from conservative biased news. there is no biased mainstream news in the US other than conservative biased news. defending them is defending a news organization that deliberately lies to its viewers.

so back to the topic at hand...

so you say it's ok for conservative news agencies to lie to the public and call it news?

you really are an idiot if you think Fox is the only biased news source in America.

Xayd

among its peers (and i use the term loosely), aka nationally syndicated available-everywhere news (again, loosely), faux is the only biased option.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinosec View Post
I think they already explained this to you.

Rather did not fabricate any documents. He admitted fault in accepting, at the time, unverified documents to further a sensational news story (one that was true).

The important part of the argument is that CBS accepted their share of responsibility, fired Rather and retracted everything. That's accountability that Fox has no interest in showing for itself.

what a load of crap.

They ran it by multiple "experts" who told them it was garbage and Dan ran it anyway.
He got caught out in under 24 hours IIRC and kept saying that it was not a fake. And then went with the well yeah its fake but it is still true spin.

Quote:
among its peers (and i use the term loosely), aka nationally syndicated available-everywhere news (again, loosely), faux is the only biased option.

you are a pathetic fucking imbecile.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post

you really are an idiot if you think Fox is the only biased news source in America.

All major news stations are biased towards being "pro-American" and at least centrist if not right wing. Fox News is however by far the worst case
http://files.kinabrew.com/images/foxnews.jpg
This doesn't even contain most of the ones where they switch the party affiliations when a Republican get's hit with a scandal or bad press (even McCain was labeled as D at one point during the Republican primaries).

TheMorlock

hahahahahah

Yeah it must be that vast right wing conspiracy that is trying to paint the other news outlets as left of center. You know the one all the "centrist" news agencies gave the clintons unchallenged access to vent against said conspiracy? Even after some members of these news outlets admit they are biased left and let it color their reporting callow shit stabbers like you cant seem to grasp they either dont know what the fuck they are talking about or are merely trying to keep the lie alive.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 12-09-2009 at 12:34 PM..

Xayd

a) not very vast! just one old tabloid owner drowning off in the deep end and claiming that it's everyone else's fault

b) all presidents have unchallenged access to the media. comes with the office. news agencies don't pay reporters to hang around the white house for nothing.

c) "some members" "these news outlets". textbook faux news source description right there! kinda like "some sources" on faux in the morning refers to hannity and beck and whatever they made up the night before.

TheMorlock

Que Spayed canned response #eleventy

Quote:
a) not very vast! just one old tabloid owner drowning off in the deep end and claiming that it's everyone else's fault

b) all presidents have unchallenged access to the media. comes with the office. news agencies don't pay reporters to hang around the white house for nothing.

c) "some members" "these news outlets". textbook faux news source description right there! kinda like "some sources" on faux in the morning refers to hannity and beck and whatever they made up the night before.

You are like a tin monkey with a drum.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1706704/posts

Thats just one that admits it. Sorry I don't keep a list compiled to feed the ignorant trolls with.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 12-13-2009 at 04:17 AM..

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Que Spayed canned response #eleventy

You are like a tin monkey with a drum.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1706704/posts

Thats just one that admits it. Sorry I don't keep a list compiled to feed the ignorant trolls with.

bahahahahahahahahahha

newsbusters.org with hugh hewitt?

breathe....

bahahahahahahahha

that's the best you can come up with? thanks for proving my point.

keep on truckin there free_willy. one of these days that tinfoil hat will come in useful.

til then, as proven by your own pitiful retort, the only biased news if you're looking for biased news is conservative biased.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:

It's called due diligence. It seems everyone but CBS's staff was able to figure out those documents were fake pretty much right away, so no, it's not a question of reporting on documents you "didn't know" weren't real. Give me a fucking break. You're the definition of partisan hack. You can't admit the left wing media is full of shit anymore than Fox news. That's fucking pathetic.

Quote:

BULL FUCKING SHIT I'm defending them! I've never once said a single positive fucking thing about Fox news in this thread, or any other thread for that matter. Learn how to fucking read. What part of me saying "we already know Fox news is biased shit" and "I don't watch Fox because I know it's shit" don't you understand? You call that a defense of Fox news? Fuck, your understanding of the English language needs a complete tune-up.

Quote:

THEY ALL FUCKING LIE, THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT!

Quote:

Show me where I fucking said that. Go on, show me. I'm waiting.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
All major news stations are biased towards being "pro-American" and at least centrist if not right wing. Fox News is however by far the worst case
http://files.kinabrew.com/images/foxnews.jpg
This doesn't even contain most of the ones where they switch the party affiliations when a Republican get's hit with a scandal or bad press (even McCain was labeled as D at one point during the Republican primaries).

Yeah, that must be why the GOP referred to CNN as the "Clinton News Network", right?

TheMorlock

Quote:
bahahahahahahahahahha

newsbusters.org with hugh hewitt?

breathe....

bahahahahahahahha

that's the best you can come up with? thanks for proving my point.

keep on truckin there free_willy. one of these days that tinfoil hat will come in useful.

til then, as proven by your own pitiful retort, the only biased news if you're looking for biased news is conservative biased.

dont get your spring wound so tight. It might snap.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Yeah, that must be why the GOP referred to CNN as the "Clinton News Network", right?

They called CNN that because they demonize any media that doesn't suck their cock and being victims of the "liberal media" is part of the narrative that allows them to set the national discourse on their terms. I'm giving you visual evidence of Foxs bias and you're giving me GOP talking points about a station that's center-right leaning and it's coverage of a center-right President.

AllUranusBelong2Me!

That's funny because of the 3 cable news networks, I find CNN to be the most objective.
Forum Iranian who thinks he's a white man: Aldaris