General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SamFarber

Black soldiers mutiny in WWII

This isn't the story that Jew Spielberg will tell you, of course. It doesn't match the narrative of Negrophilia these people are steeped in.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-1...mutiny/3821906

Quote:
But the story began to come to light when James Cook University's Ray Holyoak first began researching why US congressman Lyndon B Johnson visited Townsville for three days back in 1942.

What he discovered was evidence detailing one of the biggest uprisings within the US military.

"For 70 years there's been a rumour in Townsville that there was a mutiny among African-American servicemen. In the last year and a half I've found the primary documentation evidence that that did occur in 1942," Mr Holyoak told AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

So how shitty does your life have to be to be motivated to such an extent by petty racist hatred?

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
So how shitty does your life have to be to be motivated to such an extent by petty racist hatred?

Motivated by truth, you mean?

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
Motivated by truth, you mean? I masturbate furiously whenever Birth of A Nation comes on.

ftfy

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

a bad/scary rumor... about blacks...

Started in some HICK town...

IN THE 1940's.................

Yeah it's definitely true then

Gibonius

Quote:

I can think of much better "truths" to pursue.

aoeoae

cool

story

topcat989

ok, let's put this into context:

Quote:
An Australian historian has uncovered hidden documents which reveal that African American troops used machine guns to attack their white officers in a siege on a US base in north Queensland in 1942.

Information about the Townsville mutiny has never been released to the public.

But the story began to come to light when James Cook University's Ray Holyoak first began researching why US congressman Lyndon B Johnson visited Townsville for three days back in 1942.

What he discovered was evidence detailing one of the biggest uprisings within the US military.

"For 70 years there's been a rumour in Townsville that there was a mutiny among African-American servicemen. In the last year and a half I've found the primary documentation evidence that that did occur in 1942," Mr Holyoak told AM.

AUDIO: WWII mutiny uncovered by Qld historian (AM)
During World War II, Townsville was a crucial base for campaigns into the Pacific, including the Battle of the Coral Sea.

About 600 African-American troops were brought to the city to help build airfields.

Mr Holyoak says these troops, from the 96th Battalion, US Army Corps of Engineers, were stationed at a base on the city's western outskirts known as Kelso.

This was the site for a large-scale siege lasting eight hours, which was sparked by racial taunts and violence.

"After some serial abuse by two white US officers, there was several ringleaders and they decided to machine gun the tents of the white officers," Mr Holyoak said.

He has uncovered several documents hidden in the archives of the Queensland Police and Townsville Brigade detailing what happened that night.

According to the findings, the soldiers took to the machine guns and anti-aircraft weapons and fired into tents where their white counterparts were drinking.

More than 700 rounds were fired.

At least one person was killed and dozens severely injured, and Australian troops were called in to roadblock the rioters.

Mr Holyoak also discovered a report written by Robert Sherrod, a US journalist who was embedded with the troops.

It never made it to the press, but was handed to Lyndon B Johnson at a Townsville hotel and eventually filed away into the National Archives and Records Administration.

"I think at the time, it was certainly suppressed. Both the Australian and the US government would not have wanted the details of this coming out. The racial policies at the time really discluded [sic] people of colour," Mr Holyoak says.

Both the Australian Defence Department and the Australian War Memorial say it could take months to research the incident, and say they have no details readily available for public release.

But Townsville historian Dr Dorothy Gibson-Wilde says the findings validate 70-year-old rumours.

"Anytime it was raised, people usually sort of said, 'Oh you know, no that can't be true. Nobody's heard about that', and in fact it must have been kept pretty quiet from the rest of the town," she said.

Mr Holyoak will spend the next two years researching the sentences handed out to both the officers and the mutineers involved, and why the information has been kept secret for so long.
For the sake of argument, let's say this article is essentially true.

What's your point sam?

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t

I've been there
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
ok, let's put this into context:

For the sake of argument, let's say this article is essentially true.

What's your point sam?

His point is "I dug up some evidence of black guys doing something bad, ergo my dumbass all-consuming racism is accurate and I don't need to question my pathetic failure of a life and can continue to blame darkies and Jews for all my pathetic failures and then go try to suck my own cock."

Vote McCain!
Retardism

and what's the fucking point sam?

Killer_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
and what's the fucking point sam?

TROLLED_HARD.JPG

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

And this proves what exactly?

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
a bad/scary rumor... about blacks...

Started in some HICK town...

IN THE 1940's.................

Yeah it's definitely true then

On the other side of the planet.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

May or may not be true but yea I came here for the colorful conclusions about negroes you owe us