General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Cads

Got this for PSN....tons of fun

I played the hell out of 1942 and this is the first game in the serieis for me that has recaptured that sense of fun. Jets and helicopters don't do it for me, I guess, but dogfighting with WWII planes and rolling over buildings with tanks does.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

T-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post
Got this for PSN....tons of fun

I played the hell out of 1942 and this is the first game in the serieis for me that has recaptured that sense of fun. Jets and helicopters don't do it for me, I guess, but dogfighting with WWII planes and rolling over buildings with tanks does.

I absolutely love the planes in this game as well. I do have to say, though, that helicopters in BF2 were the shit. Me and a friend would just dominate in those things all damn day.

Xpiotos

Yeah, the planes in 1943 aren't hard to fly at all. I just can't seem to hit anyone with the bombs.

lonedawg
Stiler

-Just bought it today, after playing the trial I couldn't wait for the pc version lol.

GT: Stiler if anyone wants to play sometime.

Potato
So stupid, I need help with iTunes. Thanks McFatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
GT: Stiler if anyone wants to play sometime.

Woohoo, more fun times with Stiler. Do you have a working mic these days?

BTW, how is the Coral Sea map? Been swamped with work so haven't tried it yet.

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Woohoo, more fun times with Stiler. Do you have a working mic these days?

BTW, how is the Coral Sea map? Been swamped with work so haven't tried it yet.

there's three maps + coral sea, right?

'cause i've only played wake island and iwo jima like 20 times.

Xpiotos

Yeah, there's also Guadalcanal. I think I like Wake Island and Iwo Jima the best, though I haven't tried Coral Sea yet.

Anyone try it yet?

Garzilla

Yeah, the Coral Sea map is meh. The only way to play it is through the air supremacy mode. It's not a normal land based map at all, only planes. Plane combat only is pretty lame. I played it about twice and went back to the normal land based maps. Can't wait for newer maps to be released down the road. That's EA's plan..right? I'd gladly pay a few bucks for a few new maps. Bring back a new version of Bocage and it'll be game over for me.

Hopefully I'll have time to hop on tonight again. Been playing these past three days straight, getting pretty nasty :P

GT: Garzilly

Xpiotos

That's a shame. I can see how planes only would get lame. Bah, here's to hoping for more infantry maps. ^__^

Hopefully they can increase the player size too. (I know it won't happen, but wishful thinking never hurt anyone before.)

lonedawg
Stiler

Do the Tanks/Bazooka, etc have like no splash damage at all? I can't count the number of time sin a tank that I shoot the thing right at some guy's feet only to have it explode and then see him running away.

GAme is fun, just some minor things like taht I hope they tweak and balance, the smg's dmg needs to be a little higher imo, constantly taking half-a clip to kill someone unless you headshoot them, that's why I stick with the rifle.

Potato
So stupid, I need help with iTunes. Thanks McFatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Do the Tanks/Bazooka, etc have like no splash damage at all? I can't count the number of time sin a tank that I shoot the thing right at some guy's feet only to have it explode and then see him running away.

GAme is fun, just some minor things like taht I hope they tweak and balance, the smg's dmg needs to be a little higher imo, constantly taking half-a clip to kill someone unless you headshoot them, that's why I stick with the rifle.

Yeah, I have noticed that too and it does suck. One tip though that I never knew until yesterday. Bazookas to the back of tanks are instant kills. I never knew this until a friend told me and every time I have tried, it has worked. You have to get it on the perfect back of it though.

d4rkspike
<3

Stalingrad ftw imo

lonedawg
Stiler

uRizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Yeah, I have noticed that too and it does suck. One tip though that I never knew until yesterday. Bazookas to the back of tanks are instant kills. I never knew this until a friend told me and every time I have tried, it has worked. You have to get it on the perfect back of it though.

That sounds just like 1942 if I remember correctly. The bazookas were never any good at taking down infantry, although the tanks usually had a decent amount of splash damage associated with their shells.

I finally got in to play some of the demo today and was immediately sucked in. The default control scheme is a little wonky (left trigger for acceleration, wtf?) Any word on when this will be available for PC yet?

*edit: gotta wait until September it seems. How much you want to bet it won't be $15 like the Xbox/PSN version.

Xpiotos

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRizen View Post
That sounds just like 1942 if I remember correctly. The bazookas were never any good at taking down infantry, although the tanks usually had a decent amount of splash damage associated with their shells.

I finally got in to play some of the demo today and was immediately sucked in. The default control scheme is a little wonky (left trigger for acceleration, wtf?) Any word on when this will be available for PC yet?

*edit: gotta wait until September it seems. How much you want to bet it won't be $15 like the Xbox/PSN version.

Yeah, there is virtually no splash damage...

And also, the controls are wonky because it's the same engine that Battlefield: Bad Company is on. That's why it's so weird. Same controls, same wonkiness.