General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

Quote:
Originally Posted by el aye View Post
Off the top of my head that I've played in recent years:

Borderlands (closest to 25 hours, but still below on the first playthrough)
Bioshock (8 hours maybe)
Hitman 2 and Silent Assassin
Dead Space (10 hours)
CoD4 and MW2 (both under 7 hours)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Resident Evil 5
Gears of War 1/2
All 4 Halo games
Dead Rising
Far Cry
All of the Half Life games
Both Max Paynes
Zeno Clash
All of the Brothers in Arms
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy

Honestly the only game I can recall that took me over 25 hours is GTA4, and that was because I was mostly playing around and going on sprees rather than playing the missions.

I don't think I'm alone here in the general belief that single player games are getting shorter. It is the vast minority that lasts longer than 25 hours on the first playthrough.

i guess either youre some kind of supergamer or i just suck at videogames

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Sargonnas

Holy fucking christ that is awesome.

bobsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post

I don't know man, I'm one of those guys who almost always takes longer than the average playthrough because I stop and look at the scenery, check every room and passage, and generally if there are multiple paths I'll go back and do the others (whether it's a different path through a level, or a storyline).

And I still have to agree with what they're saying. I've never come close to a 300 hour single player experience and I take forever to finish games.

KOTOR - 80 hours
KOTOR II - 55 hours
Fallout 3 - 115 hours (more with expansions, but nowhere near even 200, and I made it a point to systematically loot every file cabinet & desk)
Deus Ex - 90+ hours

The only games I've played in the last year or so that took me 25 hours or more for a single playthrough are Mass Effect and The Witcher. I'll probably hit the mark with Borderlands, but it'll be close.

MooK

Quote:

Heavy.

BigFuzzyArchon

the bagelkit double youtube mashup of the crysis video and back to the future music is ridiculously synchronized.

mook, stop ruining other peoples threads with your opinions

Cloud 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
awesome.

My buddy has a dilorian, it's so cool to drive around in it, soooooooooo many people look.
My grandparents have a friend who has one, awesome looking car

I still wish I had gotten a picture of me posing like the BttF box art

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith View Post
I don't know man, I'm one of those guys who almost always takes longer than the average playthrough because I stop and look at the scenery, check every room and passage, and generally if there are multiple paths I'll go back and do the others (whether it's a different path through a level, or a storyline).

And I still have to agree with what they're saying. I've never come close to a 300 hour single player experience and I take forever to finish games.

KOTOR - 80 hours
KOTOR II - 55 hours
Fallout 3 - 115 hours (more with expansions, but nowhere near even 200, and I made it a point to systematically loot every file cabinet & desk)
Deus Ex - 90+ hours

The only games I've played in the last year or so that took me 25 hours or more for a single playthrough are Mass Effect and The Witcher. I'll probably hit the mark with Borderlands, but it'll be close.

try some sandbox games. ive blown probably 500 hours in san andreas just fucking around.

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
the bagelkit double youtube mashup of the crysis video and back to the future music is ridiculously synchronized.

mook, stop ruining other peoples threads with your opinions

sir tex

Why the fuck does everyone measure everything in hours played? Who the fuck cares how many hours you play if the game sucks ass, is extremely repetitive or you spent those hours fixing bugs or re-doing shit because of shitty programming? For gaming's sake, give me more short, epic and fucking awesome games like Heavenly Sword instead of repetitive like Bioshock had. I don't want to spend half my life playing your shitty game, goddammit.

?psalus
Apsalus

Hay guize! Wat's goin on in dis thred?

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
Why the fuck does everyone measure everything in hours played? Who the fuck cares how many hours you play if the game sucks ass, is extremely repetitive or you spent those hours fixing bugs or re-doing shit because of shitty programming? For gaming's sake, give me more short, epic and fucking awesome games like Heavenly Sword instead of repetitive like Bioshock had. I don't want to spend half my life playing your shitty game, goddammit.

Not sure I would pay $50 for just a four hour movie, even if it was great.

Why don't you want to spend a long time playing one game, if it's diverse and fun? You can either play 10 third person fantasy hack n' slashers that last 5 hours each, or one well polished one that lasts 50 hours. The difference is you pay $500 for the ten, and $50 for the one.

CoRPS

I'd rather have a game that lasts 4-10hrs of epic gameplay and countless hours of online play. This is where the MWF franchise really gets my balls wet.

Regime|Life
The Silver Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post

Because games like Deus Ex and Fallout were epic for the whole game.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
i apologize for that, im just real fucking sick of people mourning the death of adventure games and talking about how much better games were back when we only had 16 colors and 12 pixels per screen. i love an adventure game with a good story, especially the longest journey. but the genre died because the game play sucked. what sells good, is good. marketing can make a single title succeed or fail, but it can't keep a genre or a franchise afloat. only game play can do that.

what games have you been playing? the last single player game that i played in full and got less than 25 hours out of was half-life 2. other than the TMNT game, i cant think of any in the last few years that i mightve gotten less out of.

genre died because it's more ROI to code for the lowest common denominator aqua team hunger force roid ragers.

So we get Mass Effect which was ass munchingly repetitive and Crysis which they should turn into an Uwe Boll movie. OOOOHHHhh hlooookkk shinnyyyy

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Daddy View Post
How'd the car automatically come back after the jump?

He sent it to ~15 seconds in the future, like they do at the beginning of Back to the Future, so just caught up with it.