General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Foolioq

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLudax View Post
Also, with all the help your asking, if anything DOES come from this you will have done little to no work at all. Being told what to think, then what to say, when to say it, how to say, where to take him, and possibly what to wear?! Ha, genmay might as well be fucking this guy

Shes not going to DO EXACTLY what we tell her. Shes trying to find guidance.

Wear something relaxed cute, I suggest a nice blue/green top combination. You could wear red and be a metaphorical matador, except you wouldn't get out of the way.

Last edited by Foolioq; 02-26-2008 at 09:55 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

loon
pip pip! I live an extravagant lifestyle ol' chap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinegunHead View Post
Go naked.

Honestly, just wear whatever you'd wear when you hang with your friends. I mean, he probably met you on the subway when you were wearing nothing flash, probably an unflattering jumper, so I don't think he has any expectations about you dressing like a classy bitch. Just wear whatever you casually wear. You're over thinking it again. Whenever I meet up with a girl for coffee, and she is wearing something 'special' or a step above what she'd normally wear, I get turned off because I know they've thought about it all way too much.

So just stop worrying about it so much, and take it for what it is. Coffee with an Italian guy.

I live in sweats.
But I was in jeans Sunday..

Maybe I'll just go naked.

loon

Quote:
Why not mention soccer? It's the biggest sport in the world everywhere but america.... If you know anything about it it might be a perfect common ground.

Also, with all the help your asking, if anything DOES come from this you will have done little to no work at all. Being told what to think, then what to say, when to say it, how to say, where to take him, and possibly what to wear?! Ha, genmay might as well be fucking this guy

I don't know anything about soccer.

GenMay should fuck him. And send me after they're done pozzing him.

loon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolioq View Post
Shes not going to DO EXACTLY what we tell her. Shes trying to find guidance.

Wear something relaxed cute, I suggest a nice blue/green top combination. You could wear red and be a metaphorical matador, except you wouldn't get out of the way.

Hmmm... I do look decent in blues and greens.. I only own one red garment, and it's not suitable for coffee.

Foolioq

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
Hmmm... I do look decent in blues and greens.. I only own one red garment, and it's not suitable for coffee.

Blue and green are very relaxing colours, good for a first date. Also, I'm not trying to be creepy, I just like to dress women.

I'm not gay, though.

loon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolioq View Post
Blue and green are very relaxing colours, good for a first date. Also, I'm not trying to be creepy, I just like to dress women.

I'm not gay, though.

It's fine. I'm not so great at dressing myself, so I like hearing input from people that have some sense of style. I grew up on Wal*Mart and the Salvation Army, and when I moved in with my dad started wearing mostly sweats because I got into sports and shit.

xLudax

Quote:
It's fine. I'm not so great at dressing myself, so I like hearing input from people that have some sense of style. I grew up on Wal*Mart and the Salvation Army, and when I moved in with my dad started wearing mostly sweats because I got into sports and shit.

Ha, sweats are the shit! I have like 10 pairs of hella nice sweats at home that are usually what I wear when I go somewhere non-formal. Maybe not exactly appropriate for a date though... Wear something comfortable and fitting that looks cute. This isn't really my area of expertise lol

Just be relaxed, I can tell from your posts that that may be your biggest thing to overcome. The hardest thing to do is act cool like you aren't overthinking everything, even if you are. I've ruined a ton of dates by coming off needy or overattentive, so I've learned it's best to kind of sit back and just let shit happen. If you guys really had such a good conversation that you missed your stop by some amount(dunno how far that is, not familiar with your area) then I'd imagine it will be relatively easy to engage in a conversation over coffee or lunch or whatever.

loon

Quote:
Ha, sweats are the shit! I have like 10 pairs of hella nice sweats at home that are usually what I wear when I go somewhere non-formal. Maybe not exactly appropriate for a date though... Wear something comfortable and fitting that looks cute. This isn't really my area of expertise lol

Just be relaxed, I can tell from your posts that that may be your biggest thing to overcome. The hardest thing to do is act cool like you aren't overthinking everything, even if you are. I've ruined a ton of dates by coming off needy or overattentive, so I've learned it's best to kind of sit back and just let shit happen. If you guys really had such a good conversation that you missed your stop by some amount(dunno how far that is, not familiar with your area) then I'd imagine it will be relatively easy to engage in a conversation over coffee or lunch or whatever.

I missed my stop by about fifteen blocks

Thanks for the advice. I'm not so hot at the whole dating thing, and it feels weird to think that I'll be hanging out with someone I know very little about. I normally meet just about everyone off the internet, so by the time I hang out with a person, I know his/her name, favorite color, occupation, hobbies, age, etc.. and with this guy, I know nothing but his name, his hometown, and that he doesn't like my favorite band, but is more than willing to sing a few lines from one of their singles to make me giggle anyways.

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
I missed my stop by about fifteen blocks

Thanks for the advice. I'm not so hot at the whole dating thing, and it feels weird to think that I'll be hanging out with someone I know very little about. I normally meet just about everyone off the internet, so by the time I hang out with a person, I know his/her name, favorite color, occupation, hobbies, age, etc.. and with this guy, I know nothing but his name, his hometown, and that he doesn't like my favorite band, but is more than willing to sing a few lines from one of their singles to make me giggle anyways.

meh, don't think of it as being any different. the only difference is you can actually see the person's face and read their body language.