General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

SBU_Ninja

Gunman on my campus right now

Well I'm reporting from Stony Brook University NY where a student is going through the main area of campus with a gun in a VT/Illoinois copycat attempt. We've been watching from the window on the top of the library, where I work on computers.

The first alert was sent at 2:03pm.

Hopefully this will NOT make the national news (i.e. no shootings) but we're all in lockdown right now. Our emergency alert system is alerting all cell phones.

I guess I'm just dumbfounded. I can't actually say I thought this would never happen, with the school shootings happening every day. But now that it is....my brain is kinda numb as I am watching it all unfold.

If at first you don't succeed, cheat. Then repeat until caught. Then lie.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

w00t1337
Sanjay's love child

are you serious?

Be safe buddy.
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #18

Formerly: w00t1337, Sanjito, Sandwich Man

aussiehax is my hero

ryanvsrobots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBU_Ninja View Post
Well I'm reporting from Stony Brook University NY where a student is going through the main area of campus with a gun in a VT/Illoinois copycat attempt. We've been watching from the window on the top of the library, where I work on computers.

The first alert was sent at 2:03pm.

Hopefully this will NOT make the national news (i.e. no shootings) but we're all in lockdown right now. Our emergency alert system is alerting all cell phones.

I guess I'm just dumbfounded. I can't actually say I thought this would never happen, with the school shootings happening every day. But now that it is....my brain is kinda numb as I am watching it all unfold.
i'm from long island... be safe

www.lovethatsound.com

SBU_Ninja

Shit.....we're on the news now. There is a report of a POSSIBLE injury from the gunman. I say POSSIBLE because they won't officially confirm it.

It apparently started when a jackass decided to steal something from the cafeteria and fought the security guard, pulling out a gun. Now hes running around the academic mall (main area) with the gun.

Why the hell don't we know what's going on?

ryanvsrobots

this should be in the main forum... keep us updated i have friends there who aren't answering.

www.lovethatsound.com

SBU_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvsrobots View Post
this should be in the main forum... keep us updated i have friends there who aren't answering.

Everyone is in lockdown. We don't know what is going on.

iasdufaowiecjasdlc

seriously why the hell wouldnt you post this on the main foram?

SBU_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiEnWoO View Post
seriously why the hell wouldnt you post this on the main foram?

I started this in here. I wasn't aware that I have the ability to move this. Can I move this?

BTW- anyone in the area: there is a description:

University Police received a report that a young male fled the Student Activity Center Cafeteria and later displayed what was reported as a handgun. The individual was reported to be an African American male, approximately 25 years of age, wearing a black coat and black wool hat. He fled in the direction of Harriman Hall. University Police are searching the area and investigating the report. Remain alert, proceed with caution and notify University Police if you see anyone fitting the description of the individual or anything unusual. You can reach University Police by callling 911 from any campus phone or 632-3333.

SBU_Ninja

Update- the lockdown was stopped.

The all clear was just given. They believe the guy ran off the campus, but we should report if he is seen again.

Here's an idea- he's supposedly a student. I think he might be back.

kevets

whew that was a close one

SBU_Ninja

Oh good. EVERY national news reported it.

UPDATE: Police have searched the area and report that there is no longer an immediate threat, said an SB Alert! text message. They have not caught the perpretrator, but classes are still in session.

University Police have received a report that an armed man is currently on campus.

The gunman was described as an African American male, about 25 years of age and wearing a black coat and black wool hat.

He reportedly fled from the Student Acitivities Center where he attempted a robbery in the direction of Harriman Hall.

According to WUSB reports, the Wang Center, Administration and the Humanities Buildings were locked down. Some students were allowed to leave buildings after word spread that the whole campus is not on lockdown.

It is unknown which other buildings have been locked down as a staff member at Administration would not release the information.

WUSB has also reported that the University Bookstore has been closed.

Inspector Robert Stafford from University Police has said that the report is currently unconfirmed and that police are still investigating.

Students are urged to follow emergency procedures and be cautious when moving around campus.

Through a series of text messages and voice messages sent through SB Alert!, some students were alerted of the danger; however, some students say that they received no such message from the University.

Local news agencies are also reporting on this situation, including Newsday and News 12.

Yi-Jin Yu contributed reporting.

Last edited by SBU_Ninja; 02-25-2008 at 01:19 PM..

PrettyInPink

My aunt works there.or maybe used to work there? I think she just got a new job a month ago...

blue_monk
Kiddie Corral Material

Hopefully you contacted family and friends first and not genmay.

SBU_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_monk View Post
Hopefully you contacted family and friends first and not genmay.

LOLs. Yeah, of course.

Well....if I had family to contact I would. I sent a text to my dad (who I talk to a few times a year) thinking that a gunman would make him worry and he'd care. He sent me a text back saying : well just stay away from windows. oh...I think you owe me this money from ______. Just wanted you to know that if this is the last time I hear from you. I need it.

Been like that since birth so I expected it.

Hence, I don't contact family anymore. But the boyfriend and friends were alerted. Everything is OK for now....and I'm going to class now that the lockdown is over and the guy ran off campus.

Komataguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvsrobots View Post

why? so he can have 50 people being stupid and making comments on how he should get shot himself?

Keep alert mate, if he comes your way barricade the doors.

Closed Thread