Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

the tail needs a little repair before paint. note the hole in it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Found my bike key when I was doing some work on my car earlier. It was stuck in part of my yard like a fucking lawndart. How that happened, I have no fucking idea. I also had to order a blank on ebay for a duplicate, tried two locksmiths and neither had an appropriate blank. Oh well.

Typical Wisconsin 'spring' weather here. One degree above freezing and raining like a motherfucker. Supposed to snow later this week. I really want to move.

Rancidpunk666

Went out for a 70 mile ride today in 29 degree weather. I kept getting funny looks, but I've got a few questions about riding form and suspension settings

Also, my rear tire wasn't shot. It lost about 20lbs of air along with the front over winter lol.

First I'm 5'10" 205lbs with size 11 booths.

My first question is what kind of suspension settings should I be using on my vfr? It has 2 adjustments on the rear shock and 1 adjustment on the front forks.
I currently have the front forks set pretty stiff and the rear shock set on the softer side becuase I was tired of feeling like I was going to piss blood with these roads around here. So what would yall recommend?

Second, my feet always scrape going around en and exit ramps, I know this is probably a riding form issue not staying up on the balls of my feet. Is there anyway to renforce better riding form?, coming from a 75' cb550 to a vfr750, which isn't a small bike by any means, I'm not really use to getting a huge lean angle around curves and now that I've gotten a lot more comfertable knowing my bike in and out and my ability I'm starting to be a bit more agressive.

Third, should I put my peg feelers back on?
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

Squeeky
My love muffin <3 Pinkys Avenger

Suspension settings vary drastically. It all depends on the rider and the type of riding. If I were you, I'd take it to a reputable shop and pay the $20 for them to do a one time set-up and get the sag set correctly with you on the bike.

Secondly, you're right. You need to get the balls of your feet further back on the pegs. EVERY single time I position my feet during corner entry, I have a little technique I use to instill confidence, and to position my feet correctly.

I'll place the top of my foot on the pegs, and then swivel it side to side (think of the motion you'd make if you were stomping out a cigarette on the ground) as I slide my foot back about an inch or so until just the balls of my feet are on the pegs.

Example:

During extreme lean angles, your toes may slide across the asphalt, but this is normal. Hence the titanium sliders found on most boots these days.

Hope that answers your question...

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

La Nina is being such a little trollop. Fucking just about April and it's still below freezing every day here. Fucking fuck.

edit: I accidently did a toe drag a while ago, scared the shit out of me because I didn't think I was that low. During balls-fucking-cold weather, I'm afraid to lean due to fear of the tires and ground being frozen.

Rancidpunk666

fucking mother fucker.

I was unloading a truck on the farm today and i had to go to the other side of the property to get the tractor, but I left the ignition on on my quad and battery went dead, so i decided I'd try and push start it (2007 Trx450) and once I got it up to a good speed from pushing i tried to jump on, caught my leg on the fender, fell down got ran over, then drug by my left leg about 10 feet before i came to a stop. jeans absolutely destroyed. I'm in bad shape, missing a bunch of skin, blood everyhwere.

If a 10mph or so fall did that to a pair of jeans I'm not getting back on my bike til I get some leathers.
.......v

tron119

One of my buddies is looking for his first bike, anything one should know or look for on a 98 500 Ninja? Ignition module was just replaced. Don't have any other info right now.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
fucking mother fucker.

I was unloading a truck on the farm today and i had to go to the other side of the property to get the tractor, but I left the ignition on on my quad and battery went dead, so i decided I'd try and push start it (2007 Trx450) and once I got it up to a good speed from pushing i tried to jump on, caught my leg on the fender, fell down got ran over, then drug by my left leg about 10 feet before i came to a stop. jeans absolutely destroyed. I'm in bad shape, missing a bunch of skin, blood everyhwere.

If a 10mph or so fall did that to a pair of jeans I'm not getting back on my bike til I get some leathers.

damn man hope it's not too terrible

Rancidpunk666

yeah im fine. went to doctor all wounds will heal on their own. actually most of them have already started to scab over. Worst ones are on my knees as every time i move my legs i can feel the skin tearing. UHg makes me want to puke. put i got some tylonel 3 and manged to make it out for a couple rum and cokes for the basketball game at my cousins bar. at least i'm doing pick up runs tommorow about 2 hours north so i'll be in a truck all day.

the quad may be worse off than me. the left side rear fender is cracked about 8" long at the mounting points. lol

oh well makes for a good story and some extra affection from the woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron119 View Post
One of my buddies is looking for his first bike, anything one should know or look for on a 98 500 Ninja? Ignition module was just replaced. Don't have any other info right now.

good choice for a first bike, how much they asking

on another note, i may be trading my tool box i don;t use anymore for a 2009 CRF230M with 1,700 miles. Not really sure though. I'd much rather have the yami supermoto but then again the KTM or Duc supermotors make me want to cream my pants the way maja from the sounds does.
.......v

tron119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post

good choice for a first bike, how much they asking

askin a thousand canadian

princess0fdiabl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron119 View Post
askin a thousand canadian

good price if it's running.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

i hear the crf230sm is a real turd

claffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush View Post
i hear the crf230sm is a real turd

That's what I heard too.

If you've ever so much as read the spec sheet on that WR250X you're not gonna be happy settling on the honda.

I like my girls like I like my bikes: fast, naked, and barely legal.

Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and reckless steals the show.

Rancidpunk666

Yeah thats what my pops said. I like the WR250X but not for the price tag and plus it sits waaaay to high for my 5'10" frame with 30" inseam
.......v

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Swapped back to clip-ons and decided to ride to work today after yesterday's 100% chance of rain forecast fizzled out to nothing but a cloudy day.

FFFUUUUUUUU