General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
It's up now:

Q&A:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

Trailer: (This is a new trailer, not just the teaser)
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/18954/...nix_70709.html

IGN also has a little info/rewind trailer thingie going over it as well as screens.

Jesus Christ, shit gave me goose pimples. This looks like just about the most awesome thing, well...EVER. 3015 is a little bit older than I prefer, but it should have some pretty good 'Mechs in it anyway, lots-o-Star League stuff.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Table View Post
Jesus Christ, shit gave me goose pimples. This looks like just about the most awesome thing, well...EVER. 3015 is a little bit older than I prefer, but it should have some pretty good 'Mechs in it anyway, lots-o-Star League stuff.

3015 would be about the nadir of battlemech design and production capability...

UTRocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lik]x[ View Post
it'll be console raped like alan wake

hey, that rhymed

My god man, it's not even out yet!

edit: I refuse to get hyped up just to be disappointed

edit 2: Crap, why are they going to try to link PC and 360 in Multiplayer? It will never work in this type of game, without cheating. Love my 360 to death, but I know the aiming can't compare to a mouse unless they make it very slow. It would be far more trouble to balance than it is worth. Just because you have two different markets, doesn't mean you have to link them.

Last edited by UTRocketMan; 07-09-2009 at 06:28 AM..

drx
Kruz3n

Quote:
It's up now:

Q&A:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

Trailer: (This is a new trailer, not just the teaser)
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/18954/...nix_70709.html

IGN also has a little info/rewind trailer thingie going over it as well as screens.

O M F G

It...it looks......perfect

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Holy shit nerdgasm.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

It's nice to see a Warhammer in that video. Guess that means they got the rights to use those designs. Marauder is probably my favorite IS design.

edit: Oh, I guess in the interview it says the trailer is what they want it to be. We know how that turns out.

lonedawg
Stiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
It's nice to see a Warhammer in that video. Guess that means they got the rights to use those designs. Marauder is probably my favorite IS design.

edit: Oh, I guess in the interview it says the trailer is what they want it to be. We know how that turns out.

The trailer is in-game footage, though it is built so far as more of a proof of concept.

They are mainly right now trying to get a publisher, as you can tell from the interview. A lot of what they do with the game rests on the publisher and their budget.

drx
Kruz3n

Quote:
The trailer is in-game footage, though it is built so far as more of a proof of concept.

They are mainly right now trying to get a publisher, as you can tell from the interview. A lot of what they do with the game rests on the publisher and their budget.

That would be like calling an Nvidia demo "in-game." Just because it isn't pre-rendered doesn't mean it's a playable game, however limited it may be.

We can hope though.

Amaroth

I'm crying inside. Confirmed to be x360 also. A dark cloud hangs over the PC's community of Mech fans. I'm crossing my fingers we won't get a crappy port but we will see. It should be x360 owners that get the big turd. *ducks for cover*

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroth View Post
I'm crying inside. Confirmed to be x360 also. A dark cloud hangs over the PC's community of Mech fans. I'm crossing my fingers we won't get a crappy port but we will see. It should be x360 owners that get the big turd. *ducks for cover*

It's pretty much guaranteed to suck if they release what is actually the same game for the Xbox 360. One of the main things that made the original games so great was the depth of the controls. You just can't do that on the Xbox 360 without a fancy controller, a la Steel Battalion.

Amaroth

One of the many things going against it with a console release.

Scrivener
Scrivener never gets any love :(

I'm a little worried by the dual 360/PC focus - I just don't see how they can get the appropriate level of control on the 360 controller... and then the PC version will suffer for it in an attempt to bring "the same experience to all platforms."

Guess that's just par for the course these days, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!

I just watched the trailer, it looks awesome. I will definitely need to get rid of x1950 Pro and go for a 4890 for this.

lonedawg
Stiler

Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE to d/l for anyone who wants it thanks for the 25th annv. of Battletech,
http://mektek.net/

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Quote:
Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE to d/l for anyone who wants it thanks for the 25th annv. of Battletech,
http://mektek.net/

OOOOOOOOO I'll have to keep on eye on when thats available.