General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codesage View Post
It might not be on Steam. It might be Origin only (EA's own )
Origin won't be the only download platform, though I suspect that it will be required to use the game online. Anyways, I sincerely hope that EA and Valve work this out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
Also, apparently every scene in that video is from the same map.

It's supposed to be set in Paris, and be like the Rush game mode from BC2. You move through different parts of the city as you take the objectives.
The scale of the BF3 maps is supposed to be a massive improvement over BC2, but devs always say that about the latest games they're working on. This is the overview of Operation Metro Rush (the Paris Rush map they keep showing):

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

tendonlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
T S R H !!

I didn't know Australia participated in Vietnam

Codesage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Origin won't be the only download platform, though I suspect that it will be required to use the game online. Anyways, I sincerely hope that EA and Valve work this out, but I'm not holding my breath.

The scale of the BF3 maps is supposed to be a massive improvement over BC2, but devs always say that about the latest games they're working on. This is the overview of Operation Metro Rush (the Paris Rush map they keep showing):

Yeah, Arica Harbor seems bigger than that...I dunno, I do hope they increase the scale enough for Rush to allow all the vehicles to function.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
It might not be on Steam. It might be Origin only (EA's own )

Yeah, it wasn't on Steam

I pre-ordered it on Amazon instead, fuck Origin.
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
Yeah, it wasn't on Steam

I pre-ordered it on Amazon instead, fuck Origin.
this shit.

Ill just add it as a non-steam game

Forever Domon

Quote:

id like to see an overlay of this compared to say.. karkland

Forever Domon

ooh, someone did it

http://forum.i3d.net/battlefield-ser...-revealed.html

its about the same size as karkland. But karkland is one of the smallest maps in BF2, so hopefully this isnt the biggest map in bf3

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

i hope the maps with jets are much bigger

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Yeah, Arica Harbor seems bigger than that...I dunno, I do hope they increase the scale enough for Rush to allow all the vehicles to function.
I'm inclined to guess that Operation Metro will be focused primarily on infantry combat. The only vehicle that has shown up in it is a LAV at the US spawn.

Codesage

Quote:
I'm inclined to guess that Operation Metro will be focused primarily on infantry combat. The only vehicle that has shown up in it is a LAV at the US spawn.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I do like the mixup of maps for Rush, so that they're all not about vehicles.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I do like the mixup of maps for Rush, so that they're all not about vehicles.
If you want a better idea of the scale, there's a load of alpha gameplay video leaks on youtube right now. About half in the park, half in the metro. SO sexy so far.

-e- This guy has some great footage up. Get it before EA smothers it.

http://www.youtube.com/usamaftw#g/u

Last edited by Apsalus; 07-22-2011 at 03:20 PM..

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

Quote:
Also, OP should have posted the full 12 minutes they released a few days ago.

BORKED

WHY THE FUCK ARE GAME MAKERS SO FUCKING STUPID WITH WEAPONS. YOU DO NOT USE THE CHARGING HANDLE ON AN M4 WHEN YOU RELOAD, THE BREACH STAYS OPEN AND YOU SLAP THE LEFT SIDE TO RELEASE THE BOLT. UGHHHHH IT'S 2011!!! I understand when that was going on in Counter Strike 1.0

Also FWIW, I believe Marines only load 28 rounds into their magazines, not 30 due to spring failures being increased from the stress, but that I can overlook.

Also, when they're on the roof, the marines don't have rear signs on their weapons, which would make it almost impossible to accuratlely hit anything. If they lose their ACOG/EOtech, they still have rear flip up sights This stuff isn't rocket science.

?psalus
Apsalus

Oh, cool. Not only do flashlights dazzle you (only in the dark?), but laser sights dazzle you in broad daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
WHY THE FUCK ARE GAME MAKERS SO FUCKING STUPID WITH WEAPONS. YOU DO NOT USE THE CHARGING HANDLE ON AN M4 WHEN YOU RELOAD, THE BREACH STAYS OPEN AND YOU SLAP THE LEFT SIDE TO RELEASE THE BOLT. UGHHHHH IT'S 2011!!! I understand when that was going on in Counter Strike 1.0
Watch the alpha footage. They fixed that.

Last edited by Apsalus; 07-22-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Forever Domon

Quote:
If you want a better idea of the scale, there's a load of alpha gameplay video leaks on youtube right now. About half in the park, half in the metro. SO sexy so far.

-e- This guy has some great footage up. Get it before EA smothers it.

http://www.youtube.com/usamaftw#g/u
want.

Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post

Also FWIW, I believe Marines only load 28 rounds into their magazines, not 30 due to spring failures being increased from the stress, but that I can overlook.

Also, when they're on the roof, the marines don't have rear signs on their weapons, which would make it almost impossible to accuratlely hit anything. If they lose their ACOG/EOtech, they still have rear flip up sights This stuff isn't rocket science.

there was a mod for rainbow six where some of the guns had ranger louds (28) and in the regular game it was full mag + 1 in the chamber. but they did get the use of the charging handle right.

also, games do have military advisers but as seem time and time again just like in movies the producers say well thats not exciting, lets have them do this instead!

i hope this game isnt too difficult to mod