General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Bordak

My Xbox 360 is 2.5 years old, and gave me my first RROD 3 days ago, just as I picked up NHL 10 to play over the holidays, good fucking game.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

I've noticed NHL 10 will randomly freeze on the menu screen.

I'm really disappointed by this gen of games. I've had a 360 for two months now, and I've already have more than my fill of game freezes and crashes. I remember when one of the strong points of a console was how rarely they fucked up.

theNoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post

I'm really disappointed by this gen of games. I've had a 360 for two months now, and I've already have more than my fill of game freezes and crashes. I remember when one of the strong points of a console was how rarely they fucked up.

Its strange because I've never had any freezing or crashes in over 3 years on my 360s.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
Its strange because I've never had any freezing or crashes in over 3 years on my 360s.

I'm not the only one with the NHL freeze, it happens to a friend I play with all the time as well. You'll be sitting at a menu, then lolfreeze. Doesn't freeze up much during actual gameplay, though.

Every game that's frozen up on me more than once, I've looked it up online... and they're all infamous for locking up.

Bordak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post

I played a ton of NHL 09 online last year, and it froze in the menu's all the time as well

EA make such a good hockey game, too bad they fuck it up with online glitches and freezing problems.

troyf4i

I'm on my third 360; it would be the fourth if my warranty hadn't ran out, or if they covered disk drive failures under their extra rrod replacement plan. I've never once had a rrod, but the fucking drives die over and over.

Gullop
What a waste of a title.

Just got my third back from microsoft, even though it's a bit shit it broke again, a 7 day turnaround isn't too long to start crying about.

Nizofoshizo

I have two 360's, never frozen or crashed, although with all respect due, some of you nerdy fucks have yours on 24 hours a day

Trekkie

I've had my 360 for about 2 years so far and I've never had a problem with it. But I only play it about once or twice a week for 2 hours, if that.

ephekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullop View Post
Just got my third back from microsoft, even though it's a bit shit it broke again, a 7 day turnaround isn't too long to start crying about.
Perhaps this is acceptable to you, but I don't think I should have have to send it off at all. I haven't had to send off any of the other electronics I've purchased in the pass 5 years. And I've never had a console stop working in under 5 years before the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizofoshizo View Post
I have two 360's, never frozen or crashed, although with all respect due, some of you nerdy fucks have yours on 24 hours a day
Says the guy with two 360s.

I never played mine more than 1-2 hrs on weeknights and maybe 3-4 on weekends, didn't treat them poorly (they sat in an entertainment center) and still went through 5 in 3 years. The original design was simply defective.

I love how all the MS fanboys are offering up weak apolagetics for MS's poor fab job, as if anecdotes negate the fact the 360 failure rate was well above any other console, not to mention pretty much all consumer electronics.

Nizofoshizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephekt View Post
Says the guy with two 360s.

One at Uni, one at home, hardly eccentric.

nypad2000

I remember having a red ring when I first poped in GH metallica, it was 2 flashing lights not 3..so ...consider me lucky haha. And what a time it would have been to have gotten a red ring huh? You get all excited you just bought a game you have been waiting for so long, the ride home is a long one, but you know the second you walk in the door you will have a good game to play then bam red ringed haha.

jonnydooluvsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypad2000 View Post
I remember having a red ring when I first poped in GH metallica, it was 2 flashing lights not 3..so ...consider me lucky haha. And what a time it would have been to have gotten a red ring huh? You get all excited you just bought a game you have been waiting for so long, the ride home is a long one, but you know the second you walk in the door you will have a good game to play then bam red ringed haha.

, sorta happened to me. I was all hyped to play Duke Nukem after work because i hadn't played it in ages. boom 3red rings. made me sad.

brunobell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypad2000 View Post

my first happened during bioshock . i never finished it cause deep down im scared itll happen again...