General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbaker View Post
Why would you spend all that money when this can be emulated? Obviously you are buying used so it's not like you're cheating the developers out of any money. Are shiny boxes and seeing a console in front of you worth that much?

You could have bought an extra pc to hook up to your tv that does a million other things on top of emulation.

You can argue that you are a collector, but you are essentially collecting mass produced plastic with a picture on it. Hope it was worth it.

Many hobbies and just about anything in general can seem foolish when you present it at the most basic level, let him do what he wants, what do you care. Maybe you can give us all a passionate speech about why pirating actually helps developers next.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

huxley

Quote:
No we're talking about a neo geo not a ps2 or gamecube, this isn't an issue.

Sure you may find it fun to collect but wouldn't you find it fun to collect something with a real use? Maybe feed people in Africa if you're feeling like spending money but have no valid use for it.

You are paying for plastic with a graphic on it. This is what's wrong with America, among many other things.

You're what's wrong with America and civilization in general. Pointing to others before looking at yourself.

huxley

Quote:
well I was going to leave it be but lets dissect your comparison.

1. I was trolling with the geo metro I admitted this, I thought it was funny seeing the reactions I got. I got exactly what I was expecting, an online lynch mob

2. My setup sounded great and I resold it for more then I paid, it's not something that can be emulated and have the EXACT same experience. Again talking about neo geo emulation not ps2/gamecube. The difference in control is that you have a ton of controllers to choose from, for example the usb saturn controller would be better then the standard neo geo setup.

3. I was selling my wow account and made money off of playing a video game. A video game I downloaded legally. I don't see the point here.

4. Again computer parts can be used to put together a computer that has arguably over a million uses, one of which is emulation...my entire point

You do not argue the points I made, you just searched what I posted and proved absolutely nothing. I'm all for having a collection with a use, that I can't download for free without hurting anyone who made that product.
You're attempting to tell him that his experience is the same with emulation as it would be with a console. You do understand your perception does not equal reality, yes?

crumbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxley View Post
You're attempting to tell him that his experience is the same with emulation as it would be with a console. You do understand your perception does not equal reality, yes?

how about you put all your responses in one post, and how is it not when the emulation for neo geo has been fine for years now.

huxley

Quote:
how about you put all your responses in one post, and how is it not when the emulation for neo geo has been fine for years now.

Clever retort, I was reading the thread and thought one post would do it. Then as I responded I found your posts were more ignorant with each succession thus leading to the flurry of posting.

specialmoose

Quote:
1. I was trolling with the geo metro I admitted this, I thought it was funny seeing the reactions I got. I got exactly what I was expecting, an online lynch mob

2. My setup sounded great and I resold it for more then I paid, it's not something that can be emulated and have the EXACT same experience. Again talking about neo geo emulation not ps2/gamecube. The difference in control is that you have a ton of controllers to choose from, for example the usb saturn controller would be better then the standard neo geo setup.

3. I was selling my wow account and made money off of playing a video game. A video game I downloaded legally. I don't see the point here.

4. Again computer parts can be used to put together a computer that has arguably over a million uses, one of which is emulation...my entire point

You do not argue the points I made, you just searched what I posted and proved absolutely nothing. I'm all for having a collection with a use, that I can't download for free without hurting anyone who made that product

My head hurts.

1. Neo Geo consoles retain their value unlike a mass produced shitty car and some have increased dramatically in value. And you admit your a troll.

2. By downloading roms and emulators, you are denying a publisher/developer/reseller profit which could have been used to help starving children (Mr. High Horse here was bitching about). Maybe we should all pirate our movies and games because obviously buying these mass produced pieces of plastic, starving children are going to suffer yet most of these shiny pieces of plastic are produced in countries with these starving children

3. You play WoW and collected mass produced binary code with Blizzard's name on it that has no real value except a false value that can expire. You even bought an account. Bought an account. Bought 1's and 0's.

4. Your a fucking troll, see 2

I admit, I emulate but I also buy pieces of plastic and not ignorant that some pieces of plastic have value.

I think I'm a arguing with a troll.

Cannonbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialmoose View Post
Definitely need to get an MVS mod to let you play MVS carts. MVS carts are SOOO much cheaper than AES carts. If you really get into the Neo Geo scene, get yourself a 1 or 2 cart board and consolize it. You can get video encoders for them that lets you use S-Video, Composite, and Component. If I remember correctly, all the arcade Neo Geo boards have console controller ports.

Yeh i think in retrospect a consolized mvs would have been cheaper in long run, but damned if the AES doesn't look good sittin on my shelf! im looking into the mvs conversion cart, at 250 it's pretty expensive but i think would be worth it in the end.

isugoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post
What would really be cool would be a usb tower that had a couple of plugs for old scuool console controllers on it. Id pay pretty good money for that and it would get me most of the way to being happy emulating.

yeah, a single USB unit with all the ports would be very handy. until something like that comes out, though, you could use a USB hub and these (though it'd get expensive fast):
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=25

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoat View Post
yeah, a single USB unit with all the ports would be very handy. until something like that comes out, though, you could use a USB hub and these (though it'd get expensive fast):
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=25

Those are the closest I've seen to a real console replacement. I might have to invest in some.