General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Edo

Blade & Soul

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A Martial Arts MMORPG that will be released on the PC and PS3. From the makers on Lineage, Lineage 2, and Aion. They claim everything shown is in game, seems like fun. If you want to watch the video above with interviews with the directors:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Apparently it was called Project [M] for a while I can't find much other information on this game but something to keep an eye out for.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Kintoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo View Post
From the makers of GrindFest 1, GrindFest 2, and GrindFest 3.
Fixed.

j/k... kinda... They announced this game quite some time ago. Love the art style. But in all seriousness I need to see some quality gameplay from NCSoft. Cause it's been awhile =/. I've always said someone needs to capture the over-the-top special moves from FF7. Looks like someone finally figured out how to make really flashy combat.

?psalus
Apsalus

yhelo thar, HTK.

Edo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoun View Post
Fixed.

j/k... kinda... They announced this game quite some time ago. Love the art style. But in all seriousness I need to see some quality gameplay from NCSoft. Cause it's been awhile =/. I've always said someone needs to capture the over-the-top special moves from FF7. Looks like someone finally figured out how to make really flashy combat.

I was about to make the same joke, but i wanted to leave the post neutral

WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f

Are all the characters in the game female and do they all have a nice pair of eyes?

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant

Kintoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLiberator View Post
Are all the characters in the game female and do they all have a nice pair of eyes?
Actually I noticed all females in that game have HUGE gaps between their legs. Must be hard being a warrior princess

Casper
The Friendly Negro

That game actually looks pretty crazy. Doubt my PC can run it though. Do I dare try an MMORPG on PS3?

sct
I know what it takes to be cool.

Game looks amazing saw the trailer like a week ago. God I want to play this!

huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(

looks ok, could be bad or good its just always so hard to tell. I do admit that it looks awesome to be able to pickup your enemy after defeating him and throwing him 500 yards down some cliff lmao.

Kintoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
That game actually looks pretty crazy. Doubt my PC can run it though. Do I dare try an MMORPG on PS3?
Actually in the interview one of the guys claims they're making sure it will run on low end hardware. I've noticed a trend for this in the games industry for awhile now. The "Crysis age" is gone. Computer gaming isn't so niche anymore that devs assume people will buy new hardware just to play their game.

studioeschaton

A martial arts MMORPG, as in, it's a MMO fighting game? That would be awesome. If this played like Guilty Gear I'd be all over that.

I think the controls will make or break this game.

Kintoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioeschaton View Post
A martial arts MMORPG, as in, it's a MMO fighting game? That would be awesome. If this played like Guilty Gear I'd be all over that.

I think the controls will make or break this game.
I don't think it's like that. I'm guessing it's something like this from what I watched... It's just like a traditional MMORPG except there are "cooler" moves and abilities. For example you can "leap at and mount" your opponent. And from there you basically bash his face in. More examples that can been seen from the OP's vids are "grab and throw" and "launch into air and stun midair". Aion already has some of this in it. For example you can aerial shackle someone which puts them into s special stun state and allows you to use abilities which only affect people in this state. Far as I can tell Blade and Soul is just a MMORPG with REALLY cool moves that can be used when your target is placed into a certain state. No real "new technology" here. I mean even EQ1 you had to ability to affect other players' position in the game with the wind knockback spells.

BTW I'm not complaining or bashing the game (yet). I'm actually looking forward to it quite a bit. I love the art and LOVE over-the-top special moves. I just don't agree that it is revolutionary.

studioeschaton

That makes it significantly less cool.

An MMO fighting game would be utlimate.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

how would you deal with the inherit lag of an mmo in combination with a fighting game? A 100ms ping can really screw with combos.