General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
You don't seem to understand that drug use is inevitable. All the supposed harms you accuse marijuana of creating are only exacerbated and in many cases caused by prohibition. Your understanding of the issue is pathetic.

So are gun crimes, lets remove all restrictions on all guns.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#661  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
So are gun crimes, lets remove all restrictions on all guns.

Except restrictions on guns aren't the cause of gun crimes. The illegal nature of most drugs is the reason they're trafficked and sold by large criminal enterprises, the reason that heavily addicted users can't get proper treatment and end up committing crimes to fund their next fix, the reason that Mexico is crumbling under the weight of a war on drugs induced civil war.

Prohibition has never solved anything and has always had the effect of exacerbating the problems it's meant to address. There is not one empirical example of it working successfully. It failed in the 1920s and it's still failing today. Prohibition of guns would not be an exception to that rule, if gun were outright banned the problem of gun crimes would immediately become worse.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#662  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoop View Post
Yea those bastards and their victimless crimes SAVE THEM FROM THEMSELVES

I dont' understand.... why would you have to limit the initial release? Why can't we just treat it like alcohol? Its harder to obtain because you have to purchase through legitimate sources that can be held accountable for who they sell to.


uhhhh yeah i saw some pot-whores smokin a j off some dudes dick. Desperate bitches! Then they walked around quietly in public burdening everyone with their docile nature while the alcoholics beat their wives.

1) ASSISTED SUICIDE FUCK YEAH

2) You dont want to limit initial release? Unlimited weed like beer? We have had great results with that tactic, limiting alcohol consumption in underage users. Marijuana is obviously going to be better.
p.s. shitty argument line - you claim its harmless but boast about its control ability... what the fuck?

3) Uhh yeah, I saw a lot of potheads fail their way out of high school, loose entry level jobs and their money.
If you want the next generation to be docile natured highschool drop outs, great. We dont need a nation of docile and peaceable hippies, we wont last too fucking long.


On a side note:
I hope you stoners realize that you will live the same life cigarette smokers have. Initial excitement and lack of information -> Corporations will realize profits and drive them up with any means possible (think of all the great stuff they throw in cigs to keep you coming back, that stuff will be in your weed) -> Progressive rejection of use -> Banned from smoking in restaurants, public places, streets, 20 feet from doors, buisness will ban employees use. Shortly it will be effectively banned. Except it will all happen much more rapidly with marijuana.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#663  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
3) Uhh yeah, I saw a lot of potheads fail their way out of high school, loose entry level jobs and their money.
If you want the next generation to be docile natured highschool drop outs, great. We dont need a nation of docile and peaceable hippies, we wont last too fucking long.

And I've seen plenty of potheads study and work their way into six figure jobs and powerful roles in society. Your anecdotes get you nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
On a side note:
I hope you stoners realize that you will live the same life cigarette smokers have. Initial excitement and lack of information -> Corporations will realize profits and drive them up with any means possible (think of all the great stuff they throw in cigs to keep you coming back, that stuff will be in your weed) -> Progressive rejection of use -> Banned from smoking in restaurants, public places, streets, 20 feet from doors, buisness will ban employees use. Shortly it will be effectively banned. Except it will all happen much more rapidly with marijuana.

Nobody is arguing for full-fledged open public use dumbass.

And if you weren't an inbreed mouthbreather you would have realized by now that the argument isn't even mainly over marijuana. Weed is defacto legal in many places already and none of the harms you've described have come to fruition.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#664  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Except restrictions on guns aren't the cause of gun crimes. The illegal nature of most drugs is the reason they're trafficked and sold by large criminal enterprises, the reason that heavily addicted users can't get proper treatment and end up committing crimes to fund their next fix, the reason that Mexico is crumbling under the weight of a war on drugs induced civil war.

Prohibition has never solved anything and has always had the effect of exacerbating the problems it's meant to address. There is not one empirical example of it working successfully. It failed in the 1920s and it's still failing today. Prohibition of guns would not be an exception to that rule, if gun were outright banned the problem of gun crimes would immediately become worse.

First off, any user can get help for their drug use.
Mexico isnt struggling because they are attacking drug hustlers. They are struggling because drug traffickers are so well funded and high in member volume they can strong arm the fucking government. Same shit happens in south America. Cause and effect, not the other way around.


Great, so lets legalize all guns. Oh yeah, the sex trade too. Thats a good idea too. The suppression of the sex trade causes the harmful aspects of it to surface. If it was all legal we would have significantly less problems.


With your logic, full freedom and unrestricted sex trade, gun ownership/use and drug use would save the people money and ensure a safer country.

wow.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#665  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
And I've seen plenty of potheads study and work their way into six figure jobs and powerful roles in society. Your anecdotes get you nowhere.



Nobody is arguing for full-fledged open public use dumbass.

And if you weren't an inbreed mouthbreather you would have realized by now that the argument isn't even mainly over marijuana. Weed is defacto legal in many places already and none of the harms you've described have come to fruition.

Yeah, we all are mistaken when we speak of marijuana users and immediately think stoned slackers. We should realize that we have all just been fed government lies, man.

__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 10:12 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#666  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
First off, any user can get help for their drug use.

Not when criminalization creates huge social stigma against admitting to a drug abuse problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Mexico isnt struggling because they are attacking drug hustlers. They are struggling because drug traffickers are so well funded and high in member volume they can strong arm the fucking government. Same shit happens in south America. Cause and effect, not the other way around.

And do you understand what CAUSES drug traffickers to be so well funded? I'll give you a hint, it's not bake sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Great, so lets legalize all guns.

No one here said this, and there's lots of posters on this board that agree with this anyway. It's not exactly a great comparison to prove your "weed is bad mmmkay?" DARE officer arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Oh yeah, the sex trade too. Thats a good idea too. The suppression of the sex trade causes the harmful aspects of it to surface. If it was all legal we would have significantly less problems.

The reason douchebags are in charge of prostitution and men and women are beaten and battered for participating in the sex industry is because it's illegal. In places where it's not prohibited the industry is far safer, cleaner, and more reputable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
With your logic, full freedom and unrestricted sex trade, gun ownership/use and drug use would save the people money and ensure a safer country.
wow.

Obvious troll is being a
Old 12-02-2008, 10:13 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#667  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Yeah, we all are mistaken when we speak of marijuana users and immediately think stoned slackers. We should realize that we have all just been fed government lies, man.


Just because you would be incapable of smoking pot responsibly and not wasting your life away with it doesn't others are incapable.

This moronic idea that the entirety of society should somehow be punished because of your personal flaws is the worst example of collectivist liberal I've ever seen on this board.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM bingstudent is offline  
Reply With Quote
#668  

MentallyInept
oFFaL owns me, please remind me of this every time I post
 
MentallyInept's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Moral of the story; Recreational use of Marajuana yields more complications than benefits to the world. I know the granola munchers of the would think that the only reason drugs are illegal is because the fuckin man is trying to hold them down. Unfortunately, its not that exciting. Its because users become obsessed with the substances and take any required measures to obtain them. In addition, the users under the influence become a danger and burden to society.

So from what you are saying, you seem to advocate complete drug criminalization. After all cigarettes and alcohol are "substances" and there are thousands of users who "become obsessed with the substances and take any required measures to obtain them" in both cases.

Do you think that people who drink and/or smoke are a "danger and burden" to society?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Yeah, we all are mistaken when we speak of marijuana users and immediately think stoned slackers. We should realize that we have all just been fed government lies, man.


The World Health Organization survey showed that in the United States an estimated 42.4% of people have used marijuana at least once in their lifetime. Going from the current census projection of 305,797,153 people in the US, that puts the number at 129,657,989 people that have used marijuana at least once. Taking into account survey bias and inaccuracy and assuming that the number would therefore be lower, 100 million people is not an unreasonable estimate.

100 million people.

Sounds like the stereotype of the stoned slacker is a bit exaggerated to me.

Source Source
__________________
"This will be the forum, I'm going to ban everyone who posts today." - IMNobody 3/8/2006 - NEVAR FORGET!
Inter-son of Lard.
ecdebacbc87d0ed7f60edffe54274cf0

Last edited by MentallyInept; 12-02-2008 at 10:54 PM..
Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 PM MentallyInept is offline  
Reply With Quote
#669  

g
T00L
stuff and things
 
g's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Just because you would be incapable of smoking pot responsibly and not wasting your life away with it doesn't others are incapable.

This moronic idea that the entirety of society should somehow be punished because of your personal flaws is the worst example of collectivist liberal I've ever seen on this board.
It works the other way too idiot.
Just because you can smoke pot and be a fucking genius doesnt mean others are as capable.

This moronic idea that the entirety of society should somehow be punished because of your personal capabilities is the worst example of collectivist liberal I've ever seen on this board.
__________________
t00l
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#670  

MentallyInept
oFFaL owns me, please remind me of this every time I post
 
MentallyInept's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
It works the other way too idiot.
Just because you can smoke pot and be a fucking genius doesnt mean others are as capable.

This moronic idea that the entirety of society should somehow be punished because of your personal capabilities is the worst example of collectivist liberal I've ever seen on this board.

Not really if you replace pot with alcohol.

Should alcohol be made illegal because some people can't drink and "be a fucking genius"?

How is society being punished because the vast majority of people can drink and full and happy lives?

I don't understand how you can give alcohol a pass and advocate the continued criminalization of marijuana.
__________________
"This will be the forum, I'm going to ban everyone who posts today." - IMNobody 3/8/2006 - NEVAR FORGET!
Inter-son of Lard.
ecdebacbc87d0ed7f60edffe54274cf0
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 PM MentallyInept is offline  
Reply With Quote
#671  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoj View Post
PS - copypastaed my post from another R/P forum :P. But I think people over there were too lazy to read.
IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER




Thanks to the mighty lungs of Thor, your gay copypasta shit thread barely passes an endurance check.

Merging into the gay stoner sticky.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#672  

MentallyInept
oFFaL owns me, please remind me of this every time I post
 
MentallyInept's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER




Thanks to the mighty lungs of Thor, your gay copypasta shit thread barely passes an endurance check.

Merging into the gay stoner sticky.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

He was just saying that he posted this himself on another forum and decided to bring this discussion here.

He didn't steal this from someone else!

edit: god dammit, too late.
__________________
"This will be the forum, I'm going to ban everyone who posts today." - IMNobody 3/8/2006 - NEVAR FORGET!
Inter-son of Lard.
ecdebacbc87d0ed7f60edffe54274cf0
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 PM MentallyInept is offline  
Reply With Quote
#673  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentallyInept View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

He was just saying that he posted this himself on another forum and decided to bring this discussion here.

He didn't steal this from someone else!
that's why God invented hyperlinks. And we have a sticky, you burnout ingrates.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#674  

MentallyInept
oFFaL owns me, please remind me of this every time I post
 
MentallyInept's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
that's why God invented hyperlinks. And we have a sticky, you burnout ingrates.

Well, I don't think that this adheres to the original intent of the Legalization of Marijuana thread.

This thread was intended to be a proposal for complete drug legalization and was sidetracked by T00L.

__________________
"This will be the forum, I'm going to ban everyone who posts today." - IMNobody 3/8/2006 - NEVAR FORGET!
Inter-son of Lard.
ecdebacbc87d0ed7f60edffe54274cf0
Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 PM MentallyInept is offline  
Reply With Quote
#675  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.